Profile for Asteria > Reviews

Content by Asteria

Asteria

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Tempting the One: (Meadowview: Meadowview Heat 4)
Tempting the One: (Meadowview: Meadowview Heat 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Romance! (Theo and Chessie), 31 Jan. 2016
This is book 4 in the series - but the first one I have read. I'll definitely be reading the others as this is wonderful! It features Theo and Chessie -"frenemies" - who are forced to spend time together after Theo is injured. This is one of my favourite plots and this is one of the best examples I have ever read. The story focuses closely on their relationship, which moves at a good pace. I loved the characters of both the hero and heroine. I've not read anything by this author before, but I would certainly choose her again. It was easy to become engrossed into the book; she described people and places effortlessly and there were plenty of fun moments as well as sweet, romantic moments. I really, really enjoyed this book.

A Bollywood Affair
A Bollywood Affair

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 28 Feb. 2015
I just adored this story of Mili and Samir. It's very well written with developed characters and a storyline that keeps hold of you. I loved the cultural details woven into the story. The relationship between the two protagonists develops beautifully. A wonderful read - one to savour and thoroughly enjoy!

The Darkest Touch (Lords of the Underworld, Book 11)
The Darkest Touch (Lords of the Underworld, Book 11)

5.0 out of 5 stars Torin and Keeleycael, 31 Dec. 2014
This is the 12th book in the Lords of The Underworld series - and it rocks!

From the moment we first meet Torin, we know his story is going to be something special. This book delivers - and then some!

The story was exciting with plenty of thrills and action. Keeley was a kick ass heroine. I totally adored her. I loved how Gena developed the story and the glimpses of the previous characters. Can't wait to read more!

Thug Kitchen: Eat Like You Give a F**k
Thug Kitchen: Eat Like You Give a F**k

5.0 out of 5 stars F*****g Awesome!, 30 Oct. 2014
This is a fantastic cookbook - with a great sense of humor. I love the blog and was thrilled when I heard a book was due. I have pretty much inhaled my copy. We are treated to a wide range of plant based recipes that look and sound sexy as hell. The recipes follow the blog's characteristic irreverent approach and it makes the whole healthy eating thing seem so much more achievable and appealing than other "holier than thou" approaches.

The recipes vary in complexity but are generally straightforward and the impudent yet clear instructions give you the confidence to try it out. A few recipes do call for unusual ingredients (liquid smoke?) but most can be made with everyday grocery items. Instructions are given for locating the odd items and I agree the internet can help, but for an international reader, they may struggle to locate them. Having said that, there are plenty of recipes that can be made easily, so potential readers, especially outside the States, should not be put off this gem of a cookbook.

Exciting and enticing - this book is fabulous! I thoroughly enjoyed it and I can't wait to try more recipes. Well done - more please, Thug Kitchen!

MacRieve (The Immortals After Dark Series Book 13)
MacRieve (The Immortals After Dark Series Book 13)

5.0 out of 5 stars Uilleam and Chloe, 10 Sept. 2014
Another excellent read from Ms Cole.

Here we have the tale of Uilleam Macrieve and his mate, Chloe. We touch again upon the action of The Order and Nix makes further appearances whetting our appetite for the ascension.

Although mentioned frequently, the ascension has really played a background role to the other plot lines . To be honest I have not really thought much about it as the stories are so good, I'm much more interested in the characters and their developing story. I am starting to get to a point now though where I'm tempted to skip sections around Nix / ascension as not much seems to happen. Of course, it's here that we learn more, so bad idea!

When writing a series one worry is coming across as formulaic (only so many ways to have boy meets girl etc). Fortunately Ms Cole delivers great value for money, with characters that are individual, interesting and alluring (and that's just the ladies!)

Macrieve has had a difficult start in life and by the time he meets his mate, nine hundred yrs later, he has some issues to resolve. It was good seeing how his issues affected his family, especially his twin Munro and indeed how Munro changes as a result of supporting his brother.

Chloe too is more complex than she first appears. Watching how Macrieve and Chloe have to work on their relationship together was emotionally very satisfying, especially since Ms Cole took the time to build the changes realistically.

Excellent read.
ps, be prepared to be blown away by the epilogue. Munro, I am waiting eagerly for your story now!

Shadow's Claim (The Immortals After Dark Series)
Shadow's Claim (The Immortals After Dark Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Trehan and Bettina, 10 Sept. 2014
I adore Ms Cole's books and this is no exception. I read this out of order, which may have helped me connect better with the characters.

Here we depart from the action of the island and The Order and move instead to a new realm, where young Bettina is due to be married off. In the course of his duties, the Hero (a Dacian vampire prince) Trehan, meets Bettina and realises she is his fated Bride. Complications arise in the form of her long standing love and a national tournament to win her hand, entered by all manner of creatures from the Lore.

Trehan is a wonderfully sexy hero. Patient and caring, he has honed his lethal abilities over hundreds of years. Bettina is young and finds herself having to grow and change rapidly though the course of the book. We are all there cheering for her though as she finally starts to have confidence in the abilities we always knew she had.

The books touches a little on other characters ( in fact I read Dark Skye prior to this, and there are close links between the two)

Since I read out of order, I did not miss hearing about The Order or the continuation of the Ascension plotline. If I had to wait two years to find out more, I might have considered it more of an issue. As it is, this is an absolutely fantastic story. Trehan is just delicious. Read and enjoy!

Sissel Sitfit Plus Seat Cushion with Pump Blue
Sissel Sitfit Plus Seat Cushion with Pump Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Combination cushion / gym ball, 10 Sept. 2014
Arrived promptly and neatly packaged. This is a combination of a cushion / fit ball. Initially feels odd to sit on, but quickly becomes comfortable. Has helped in reducing back pain from a long commute in the car.

Wild Card (Elite Ops Series)
Wild Card (Elite Ops Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime!, 7 Sept. 2014
Oh this book is beautiful! At the start, one of the characters talks about there being layers and layers in life; the story that follows is full of layers too. Wonderfully crafted, you are rapidly pulled into the lives of the lead characters . From the moment we meet the heroine, Sabella, we are cheering for the sassy young lady and her adoring husband. Usually getting married is the end of the book - here it is just the start. I loved seeing how the characters changed and developed over time and the events that affected them. The love that they sustained for each other though? Wow! Just beautiful. Well paced and filled with action and suspense. Just when you think I'll be hitting a plateau in the story now, something more is revealed. Wonderfully accomplished. Thoroughly enjoyed this book. Layers upon layers.... Thank you Ms Leigh; it was a joy and pleasure reading this.

Dark Skye (The Immortals After Dark Series Book 14)
Dark Skye (The Immortals After Dark Series Book 14)

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh this is so, so good!, 7 Aug. 2014
I've been waiting for this book ever since we first glimpsed Lanthe and Thronos.

It is fantastic and worth the wait!

We go back to the island and follow Lanthe and Thronos on their subsequent journey together. Unlike other some other series books I have read, the action here follows them both closely, with very few stops for other characters (be prepared to inhale this book in one sitting!)

I loved Lanthe's confidence and her refusal to be ashamed of the path she had chosen in life. I adored Thronos' devotion to his mate. His struggle to accept his fated mate was beautifully depicted.

Wonderful!

Thank you Ms Cole for another fabulous read. I'm off to start at the beginning again and re-read the lot. (Woohoo! Summer fun here I come!) Hopefully there will be another IAD release by the time I get to a second reading of Dark Skye!

The Knight (The Highland Guard)
The Knight (The Highland Guard)

4.0 out of 5 stars Strong heroine & a Sexy but flawed hero, 22 May 2014
I loved Monica's earlier works but haven't read any for a while. I thought I'd dip my toes in again with this novella. It was a great read - a fairly simple plot given its length, but nonetheless had wonderful characters, with a feisty and strong heroine and a hero who finally finds his way.

Definitely worth a read for fans of her books. If this is your first, I'd recommend starting with one of her trilogies instead as they better showcase her skills ( and so much more fun too!)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3