Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

Page: 1 | 2
The Knight (The Highland Guard)
The Knight (The Highland Guard)
Price: 1.26

4.0 out of 5 stars Strong heroine & a Sexy but flawed hero, 22 May 2014
I loved Monica's earlier works but haven't read any for a while. I thought I'd dip my toes in again with this novella. It was a great read - a fairly simple plot given its length, but nonetheless had wonderful characters, with a feisty and strong heroine and a hero who finally finds his way.

Definitely worth a read for fans of her books. If this is your first, I'd recommend starting with one of her trilogies instead as they better showcase her skills ( and so much more fun too!)

An English Bride in Scotland
An English Bride in Scotland
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful story, 18 Mar 2014
This is the tale of Annabel and Ross. She is living in an abbey, when her parents suddenly call for her to marry Ross. He was supposed to marry her sister, but Annabel has to take her place instead.

I really loved this historical story. I have read many romances and plots can often be guessed ahead yet here I was genuinely enthralled and taken up with the developing story. In a rare pleasure, I was able to enjoy the journey the characters took without guessing ahead as to what happened.

The characters are fleshed out beautifully. Initially I was wary of this being a superficial mass romance tale full of cliches, but it is not. Ross is an alpha male with beta traits that make you want to hold him close and lick him all over ( or is that just me? ;) Annabel is a wonderfully sweet heroine who has to adjust rapidly to many significant changes in her life in just a brief time. I was cheering along inside when she stood up and let her temper show ( like a lady though!)

There were some wonderfully colorful secondary characters too, adding to the drama. This is a new author for me, but one I plan on reading more of, given the strengths of this book. Thank you for a great read, Lynsay Sands!

The Party Girl (Getting Physical)
The Party Girl (Getting Physical)
Price: 1.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible read!, 19 Feb 2014
Wow! I LOVED this book!

I picked it after seeing online recommendations. I was intrigued by the idea of an Indian origin heroine and how she connects with a reclusive hermit. This is the first book I have read by this author and I loved it so much, I have just downloaded 2 more of her books.

I'll admit, at the start I found it hard to get under Kendra's skin. It's not that I struggled with the book - that seems to imply that I was not enjoying it and had to force myself to read on - whereas it was more just amazement at reading about this intelligent, confident woman who was more than happy with her sexuality and expressing her desires. This is so far apart from other Indian origin heroines I have read about, that I was stunned.

Incidentally, it's much closer in depiction to many real life Indian ladies I know, so it was amazing to have this depiction down on paper.

The story was wonderful. Noah and Kendra meet when their mutual friend Lincoln hits a spot of trouble. Lincoln is already head over heels for Kendra, so despite Noah and Kendra having near explosive chemistry, Noah refuses to encroach on his friend's space this the scene is set for a slow yet very hot developing relationship.

I loved the way that they connected with each other and how we got to see their relationship developing, yet it wasn't physical at all to start with (plenty good sexytimes to come - there is a lot to be said for waiting. The scene in the woodworking office? Oh. My. Wow. ;)

More awesome than that though, was the depth of the characters and how we got to see how their differences affected them and their relationship. I loved seeing how Kendra and Noah had to look within themselves, grow and change.

Thank you Tamara Morgan for such a great read!

Bollywood and the Beast (Bollywood Confidential)
Bollywood and the Beast (Bollywood Confidential)
Price: 2.18

2.0 out of 5 stars I waited ages for this story!, 12 Feb 2014
I'm still waiting.

I discovered this author recently and loved the books I read. I've also wad a piece in an anthology which was fantastic.

This book is not.

I was so excited pre-release, as I love a good scarred hero and the heroine who loves him. Bought this as soon as it was released, because Suleikha is a great writer.

Here too, she weaves a magical picture of Bollywood life. The setting is wonderful, her descriptions illuminating. She creates interesting and diverse characters. I adore her multicultural characters.

I found this book sadly frustrating though. She built up a great scenario, with fabulous main and supporting characters - then did nothing with them.

Like many I read to share and enjoy the emotional journey of the characters, yet it felt at almost every turn, we the readers were thwarted from this. For example, the hero and heroine begin with the traditional insult at one another. Taj's brother insists he apologise to the heroine, Rocky, but all we "see" is a paragraph stating that a few days later Taj and Rocky have a shaky truce.

Aargh! That's the bit we want to see and share! Sadly this is the theme of the book, with all major plot points seeming to happen "off screen". We do not see Taj's journey from angry self loathing to redemption, so we cannot really fall in love with him. Rocky is feisty but she too doesn't seem to develop so the quotes about needing to fight for her love etc all feel a bit...meh.

I read a lot of romance so I know it can be hard to express "I love you" in a fresh way. This is the first time though that I have actually cringed at the lines I have read.

Such potential that sadly was not delivered.

Dementia: 5.5 (Trek Mi Q'an)
Dementia: 5.5 (Trek Mi Q'an)
Price: 1.10

4.0 out of 5 stars short but very hot, 31 Jan 2014
Very brief, but hot stuff, enjoyed it. Story only really a few pages long. Well written though; really got a good sense of being on the alien planet.

His Captive Indian Princess (Mills & Boon Indian Author Collection)
His Captive Indian Princess (Mills & Boon Indian Author Collection)
Price: 2.10

3.0 out of 5 stars best declaration of love ever!, 13 Jan 2014
Gauri and Vikram's tale.

This is a very well plotted and enjoyable tale. Gauri is the illegitimate daughter of a maharajah. When her mother dies the maharajah takes her to live with him in the palace. The story starts many years later, when the hero Vikram (best friend of Gauri's beloved half brother) is tasked with finding her. She left under bad circumstances aged 16 and Vikram is convinced she is to blame for various tragedies that have befallen the maharajah's family since she disappeared.

This is the first book I have read by this author and I would be interested in reading more. The story flowed well with a good pace. There was good chemistry between the two protagonists ( and some very hot moments!)

This book contained one of the best declarations of love I have read (and I have read a lot!) You go Vikram!

Gauri too was a great character - feisty and smart as well as kind and caring.

Minor gripes - at times the editing did not feel as "tight" as it could have been, eg words or phrases were repeated when the sentences could have been rewritten to give a better flow. I felt there was a lot of dialogue and at times I thought this came at the expense of needed descriptions, so I struggled to visualise the characters and their surroundings.This was frustrating as this is not a world I am terribly familiar with, so I would have liked to have learned more. In addition some of the secondary characters did not have individual time,appearing only in relation to the main characters and thus seen through their eyes. I think it would have helped strengthen the story for the reader to see them apart from the hero and heroine.

This was, though, a deliciously exciting read and I look forward to reading more from this talented author.

Black Gold: Takhini Wolves, Book 1
Black Gold: Takhini Wolves, Book 1
Price: 2.47

4.0 out of 5 stars Shaun and Gem's story, 5 Jan 2014
This is the second Takhini shifter book I have read. I avoided this initially as the blurb suggested it was a story about a high n mighty princess type who finds physical attraction with her complete opposite and then they have to work on building a relationship together.

The story is actually much better! Far from being a spoiled rich girl, Gem is very likeable. She is warm and sweet but has a backbone of steel under her genteel manner.

Shaun too is more than just a "dude" who swears and picks fights. From the start he is keen for the relationship to be more than (admittedly fantastic) physical attraction.

The story was paced well and I loved it. Hope you do too!

Northern Exposure (Mills & Boon Blaze) (Alaskan Heat - Book 1)
Northern Exposure (Mills & Boon Blaze) (Alaskan Heat - Book 1)
Price: 3.32

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet tale of love in Alaska, 2 Jan 2014
In this story, Dr Skye Shanahan is coming to Good Riddance, Alaska to cover for the town's doctor while he is on holiday. On arrival she meets the bush pilot Dalton Saunders and sparks fly from there.

This was a sweet and lovely story. Good Riddance has some interesting characters I'm looking forwards to meeting in the other books.

Bollyamorous
Bollyamorous
Price: 3.18

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic new talent, 1 Jan 2014
This review is from: Bollyamorous (Kindle Edition)
I've just discovered this author and I'm so pleased I did. She writes wonderfully.

This story is set in the Bollywood film industry. It tells the story of how the upcoming actor Veer Mehta becomes part of a ménage with the hit actress Sonia and her cricketer husband Simon.

I read this through in one sitting. It flows beautifully. I found the character of Sonia to be rather unpleasant, self centred and selfish - but I think this is the result of some very good writing. She just wasn't my cup of tea (or chai, if you like!)

I found the male characters far more interesting, though the story did not delve into their stories in any great depth. Although the story concerns a ménage a trois, there is actually little physical description in the book and the story concentrates instead on the emotional links and loves of the characters, which is quite lovely.

The scene at end somewhat revived my interest in Sonia and we are left with a promise of a...very...happy ever after - which is always good in a romance!

Heart Murmurs
Heart Murmurs
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars A little gem to treasure!, 31 Dec 2013
This review is from: Heart Murmurs (Kindle Edition)
Just finished reading this and had to review it. This is the first book and I have read by this author (and I've already got a second lined up 'cause this was....GOOOOOOOOOD!

It's a brief tale, but unlike other shorter stories I have read, it does not feel like you have been short changed as the characters (Dr Anushka Gupta and Dr Vince McHenry) are very well written. Their interactions together sparkle. It was an utter delight to see a) a heroine who is smart, confident and up afraid to speak her mind and b) an Indian heroine who isn't doing the simpering quiet miss routine. The tension in this story came not from Anu being pursued but from whether SHE thought Vince was the one for her.

Loved the physical chemistry - believable and well written.

A great read, has left a smile on my face. What are you waiting for? This tale rocks!

Page: 1 | 2