Profile for deardesigner > Reviews

deardesigner

Rexel Mylar A4 Dividers 10 Part - Assorted Colours
Rexel Mylar A4 Dividers 10 Part - Assorted Colours

1.0 out of 5 stars Conned., 31 Mar. 2015
I actually feel like I've been done! I was ordering 10 lever arch files and this product came up as a suggestion. Rather foolishly I thought '10 part' meant I would be getting one for each file. Wrong! I received one set of dividers and was charged £5.81 for it. That's daylight robbery. And the quality is not that great either. Buyers Beware.

Bright Bazaar: Embracing Colour For Make-You-Smile Style
Bright Bazaar: Embracing Colour For Make-You-Smile Style
by Will Taylor

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite coffee table book to date, 19 July 2014
If you love colour and you love your home, you will love this book. Will’s Ten Steps to Colour Confidence guides you through the planning stage of deciding which colour where, and coaxes the reader into being braver with his/her choices. Probably all of us could do with a bit of a push at this stage to step out of our comfort zone and this is the book to give it.
Then, there are ten different colour cocktails to get the creative juices flowing, room analysis, helpful moodboards, tips and tons of real life inspirational photographs.
Readers of Will’s popular blog will already be familiar with his zest for life and colour. Everything he does inspires us to look on colour as our friend, and his travels, cooking experiments and diy projects leave us breathless. How he crams so much into each day is a mystery! So, it’s no surprise that his first book is a mighty tome of personality, helpful tips and inspiration. One I will be delving into for some time.

by Maryam Montague

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical Marrakesh..., 6 Jun. 2012
I've been reading and devouring Maryam's blog 'My Marrakesh' for several years now, so when I heard that she was writing a book about Moroccan design I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. I wasn't disappointed.
This book is absolutely beautiful and very, very informative. Maryam even took most of the photographs - is there no end to this womans talents?!
I recommend this book highly, whether you would like to inject some moroccan magic into your own home, or whether you would just like to indulge in a little escapism and wallow in the colours and beauty of the images, then this is a must have for any design library.