Profile for Jayne > Reviews

Eden's Garden
Eden's Garden
Price: 3.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly Enjoyable Read, 16 April 2014
This review is from: Eden's Garden (Kindle Edition)
Loved the intertwining of stories from the past and present. I enjoyed the gradual reveal of clues regarding the story in the past and the hero and heroine’s tip-toeing around each other. The mystery of the statues in the garden and the local characters kept my interest to the end. Eden’s Garden spookily echoes the situation I find myself in with my own mother. It is difficult to support her whilst allowing her to maintain her independence and pride. Allowed me to read a novel whilst working out strategies for my own life in my mind. Off to download Juliet Greenwood's new book.

The Return of Mrs Jones (Mills & Boon Cherish)
The Return of Mrs Jones (Mills & Boon Cherish)
Price: 2.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Romance, 1 April 2014
Jessica Gilmore’s debut novel is a great read. Well written, with characters you believe in and root for. I found myself shouting at both hero and heroine at points during the book, because they needed to believe in each other and get back together. Looking forward to more novels from this author.

A Hundred Pieces of Me
A Hundred Pieces of Me
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Another fantastic book by Lucy Dillon, 19 Mar 2014
I have read all of Lucy Dillon's books and enjoyed all of them immensely. This book not only delivered a great story, but made me think about my own life and the possessions in it! Can't wait for the next book.

Is This Love? (Choc Lit) (Middledip series Book 4)
Is This Love? (Choc Lit) (Middledip series Book 4)
Price: 2.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Book, 21 Oct 2013
I have read all of Sue Moorcroft's books and really like her style of writing. One of her early books, "Starting Over" with its lovable hero Ratty, will always be my favourite, but "Is This Love?" comes a close second. The subject of acquired brain injury is sensitively and realistically portrayed, together with its impact on those around the sufferer. I felt I was there with the roller coaster of emotions experienced by the heroine on her journey through the book. Learning about issues and things outside my experience, in this case, alpacas, yoga and brain damage, adds value to a novel. Looking forward to the next Sue Moorcroft already!

Woman Walks into a Bar
Woman Walks into a Bar
Price: 1.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Struck many chords!, 9 Oct 2013
I found Rowan's book both humorous and poignant, probably because I could identify with the situations portrayed in the book. I think it is wonderful that the author is using proceeds from this story to support women who find themselves victims of abuse. Refreshing style, just the right length and very memorable.

Old Friends - 13 Coffee Break Stories
Old Friends - 13 Coffee Break Stories
Price: 1.53

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasurable Reading, 17 April 2013
I really enjoyed this collection of short stories. They are perfect for a read when you only have a short time. Each has its own message to impart and something to make you think. Unexpectedly the last story 'Built to Last' made me cry - for me always a mark of a good story. I have loved both of Sally Jenkins' story collections and would recommend them to anyone.

Radio Gaga
Radio Gaga
Price: 1.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun contemporary read, 14 Mar 2013
This review is from: Radio Gaga (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book very much. It is written in a modern easy to read style. I could relate to the heroine and think myself into her shoes, particularly her phobias!

One Day for Me - 8 Award-Winning Stories
One Day for Me - 8 Award-Winning Stories
Price: 2.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Variety and enjoyment, 3 Feb 2013
I was pleasantly surprised at the variety and originality of this collection of stories. It was easy to understand why they had been competition winners or else short listed. I read them very quickly because I wanted to know what happened next. Enjoyable collection and good value for money.

Time's Echo
Time's Echo
Price: 3.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 14 Dec 2012
This review is from: Time's Echo (Kindle Edition)
I thoroughly enjoyed this well written book. Timeslips can often be clumsy, but I found this story gripping and exciting. I wanted to punch Francis! Well done. Looking forward to the next one.

Renovation, Renovation, Renovation
Renovation, Renovation, Renovation

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 4 Mar 2012
I was attracted to Nell Dixon's book as she was a Black Country author and I am proud of my roots in the area. From page one I was hooked and really enjoyed the characters. She kept me guessing about the man the heroine would end up with, although I had my favourite. The book combined my personal interest themes of history, mysticism, romance and fun. I loved the time slip element and relished the book so much I didn't want it to end. More please.

Page: 1 | 2