Profile for Marsupial Elvis > Reviews

Marsupial Elvis

Flexi-Bar Standard Swing-Bar
Flexi-Bar Standard Swing-Bar

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent ... but..., 20 Jun. 2013
Excellent product.... but the instructions came in German. Too busy using the Flexi-bar to learn a new language...

I would recommend this product

Riverside Tales
Riverside Tales

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it!, 19 May 2013
This review is from: Riverside Tales (Kindle Edition)
Not just for kids... I'm 49 and I loved it.

I bought it for my niece, but started reading it myself.

Starring Frank the rat - scared at the dentist, Frank's Gran - who doubles as a physiotherapist, Mable the rabbit - who dates a toad, and not forgetting Mousey - chorister and reluctant cook.

Oh, and Frank and Mousey's four children - schooldays and a trip to the circus.

I would recommend this happy fun book to anyone. It really brought a smile to my face!

999: True Stories of My Life as a Paramedic
999: True Stories of My Life as a Paramedic
by Lysa Walder

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastically fascinating & hugely entertaining, 7 Dec. 2010
I am an avid reader of first chapters. The reason being is that I find it very difficult to find a book that keeps me wanting more. As a reader, I'm pretty petulant. My view is that life is too short to waste on something that doesn't get me interested and entertained from the start.
That being said, I'm delighted to report that I read `999 - True Stories of My Life as a Paramedic' from cover to cover. The insight into the ambulance service and the role of a paramedic that it offers is fascinating.
As an author myself and a member of the emergency services to boot, I know how difficult it can be to get over to an interested public the sheer variety of tasks that all the emergency services encounter, let alone give justice to the urgent vignettes of life that make up each and every call.
Lysa Walder, however, manages to pull it off perfectly. This isn't some TV drama, this is real life. The heartache, the fun, the gore, the confusion, the pandemonium, the danger, the pointlessness, the timewasters, the desperation, the sheer joy of saving someone's life - it's all here. Moreover, her writing style is such that I felt that I was there with Lysa on every job.
On the back of the book, Lysa asks the question that many of us ask, `Maybe we made a difference'. After reading this book, I can definitely say, Yes, I truly think you do. After fifteen years in the role, Lysa seems to have encountered just about every sort of situation the job can offer and how she has coped with everything life (and death) could fling at her, is inspirational. If I have a stroke, I know which paramedic I would want to turn up!
And finally, to any reader who is looking for an insight into a world that is hidden away from most of us, I would thoroughly recommend this book. Five stars without a doubt.

We Are The Pipettes [Us Bonus Tracks] [Us Import]
We Are The Pipettes [Us Bonus Tracks] [Us Import]
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 9 May 2009
What a great, happy, fun CD.

PULL SHAPES is a classic track ...and there are no fillers on here ...all great tracks.

This US import has a few extra tracks and a bit of extra production ...I would say to go for this rather than the UK release.

First class!

An Utterly Impartial History of Britain: (or 2000 Years Of Upper Class Idiots In Charge)
by John O'Farrell

5.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed this, 9 May 2009
I really enjoyed this book ...and what better accolade can a book have than that.

It is entertaining, amusing, informative ...if only that had taught history in school like this!

I read it on holiday ...just as well I was away for 10 days ...it is a big tome ...and a massive undertaking for Mr O'Farrell. He has done an excellent job.

I read a few books whilst I was abroad, but it may give you an idea about how highly I regard this book that it was the only one that made it on the plane back home with me!

First class ...worth a read!!

The Year of Living Biblically
The Year of Living Biblically
by A. J. Jacobs

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 26 July 2008
I really enjoyed this book.

For a start, I found it both interesting and funny. Jacob's has a style that makes you want to read more...and just a bit more...until you end up finishing the book all too soon.

There are some great 'stupid project' books about...but Jacobs seems to pick subjects that dwarf the others by comparasion.

'Know it all' - his quest to read the Encyclopedia Brittanica was amazing, and now he has even topped that with his year of living Biblically.

Fascinating and witty. I have no hesitation in giving this 5 stars - I just wonder what he will tackle next!