Profile for Pompom > Reviews

Content by Pompom
Top Reviewer Ranking: 824

Pompom (Devon)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Micro Scalextric 1:64 Scale My First Racing Set
Micro Scalextric 1:64 Scale My First Racing Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Scalextric was pretty cool 30 odd years ago, 24 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I had a look at the other scalextric sets produced by this company, and I have to be honest I wasn't holding out much hope. Scalextric was pretty cool 30 odd years ago, but how would it compare in this digital age? Not only that, but even the current sets seemed to be a pain to assemble and regularly wouldn't work. To my surprise, the track went together first time. We put the cars on and off we went. You can adjust how much the trigger on the controller can be squeezed using a plastic screw and a screwdriver. No problems at all. The cars obviously few off if you went too fast, but I remember that from my childhood! Not too sure how long it would engage children for. There are so many other gadgets these days. Recommended.

Gro Hush Baby Calmer
Gro Hush Baby Calmer

5.0 out of 5 stars The Gro Hush Baby Calmer was pretty amazing when tested on my niece, 24 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My son had a sleep sheep when he was a baby. The noises seemed to soothe him at bedtime, and I was interested to see that gro had come up with their own take. The Gro Hush Baby Calmer was pretty amazing when tested on my niece. Sent her straight off to sleep. The calmer has a soft side which you hold against baby's ear. The noise is volume limited so that there is no danger to baby's hearing. To turn it on, you have to hold one of the buttons down for a few seconds so there is no possibility if it accidentally turning on. The carry case is also a useful touch to keep it clean. Really impressed. I had a listen to the rain on the tin roof option - really soporific! Highly recommended.

Mark and Chappell Ltd Vet IQ Flea Guard, 90 Tablets
Mark and Chappell Ltd Vet IQ Flea Guard, 90 Tablets

2.0 out of 5 stars ... alternative to the regular flea treatments would be a good idea. But I hadn't reckoned on just how ..., 21 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I had thought that trying a herb based alternative to the regular flea treatments would be a good idea. But I hadn't reckoned on just how long you'd need to dose your dog before the product reaches full effectiveness. 14 weeks. If you're willing to dose your dog day in, day out, all year round against possibly limited efficacy then go for it. I want to be reassured that something works. 90 tablets tested on two dogs aren't going to get us to the 14 week limit, and we won't be hitting prime flea season to test them... Can't really recommend.

Graco Swing n' Bounce 2-in-1 Swing (Benny & Bell)
Graco Swing n' Bounce 2-in-1 Swing (Benny & Bell)

5.0 out of 5 stars This feels like a quality product, 21 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This feels like a quality product. Reasonably easily assembled, I was impressed by the functions available. Baby was swung off to sleep very rapidly and it looks like the sort of product that will suit baby for a good few months (top weight limit 9kg). Nice muted colours which is nice to see amongst all the garish baby stuff available! Recommended.

Cafe Pod Nespresso Compatible Intense x(Pack of 4, Total 40 Pods)
Cafe Pod Nespresso Compatible Intense x(Pack of 4, Total 40 Pods)

5.0 out of 5 stars I really like the taste, 21 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Very pleasantly surprised by these pods. They fit well in my nespresso machine and work well with it too. No problems with pressure of flow. I really like the taste. Perfectly strong enough. Recycling isn't simple with these pods though which does sit hard with me. Recommended.

CafePod Nespresso Compatible Arabica Colombia (Pack of 4, Total 40 Pods)
CafePod Nespresso Compatible Arabica Colombia (Pack of 4, Total 40 Pods)

5.0 out of 5 stars but I did really like the taste, 21 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Very pleasantly surprised by these pods. They fit well in my nespresso machine and work well with it too. No problems with pressure of flow. I couldn't detect the nuttiness in this coffee (as the product description), but I did really like the taste. Perfectly strong enough. Recycling isn't simple with these pods though which does sit hard with me. Recommended.

GOODOGS TREAT Dogs Snack for Dogs, Small
GOODOGS TREAT Dogs Snack for Dogs, Small

5.0 out of 5 stars Good little can of treats to be used with dogs, 21 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Good little can of treats to be used with dogs. In fairness I don't think dogs are that choosy on the size of treat offered - a treat is a treat after all and the weimeraner who tested these was happy with them and came back for more. A different shaped container might be good; easier for putting in your pocket when out for walks. Recommended.

Orthopaedics and Rheumatology on the Move (MOTM)
Orthopaedics and Rheumatology on the Move (MOTM)
by Terence McLoughlin

4.0 out of 5 stars Highly commended revision guide., 18 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Readily accessible revision guide supported with a complimentary mobile app which ensures quick referencing. Targeted to the student cohort, but equally of merit for a generalist who wanted a baseline reference point on the subject. A great series of guides by CRC Press and I would imagine that these will become increasingly seen as the market standard at this level of detail. Highly commended.

Psychiatry on the Move (MOTM)
Psychiatry on the Move (MOTM)
by Molly Douglas

4.0 out of 5 stars Credible Revision Guide, 18 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Paired-down and short revision guide which is logically and thematically structured and supported with a good baseline of confirmatory questions. The availability of a quick referencing app for your mobile is a nice touch and compliments an already revision-optimized and student friendly product. Highly recommended for both the student and for anyone who requires an accessible and very portable initial reference point on the basics.

Distant Love
Distant Love
by Ulrich Beck

4.0 out of 5 stars Globalizing the Personal, 18 Sep 2014
This review is from: Distant Love (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a considered and at times provocative study on what essentially constitutes a growing number of intimate and personal relationships in the 21st Century. While it deserves a broad and general readership, I suspect that the book's themes will only be of immediate interest to those studying the socio-political impact of globalization. It is one of very few books on the subject, is readily accessible and always thoughtful and nuanced. It provides 11 studies covering amongst them cultural misunderstanding, migrant mothers, baby tourism, transnational family networks and perhaps the most poignant a study on the pressures of distance and closeness on relationships. Recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20