Profile for Pompom > Reviews

Content by Pompom
Top Reviewer Ranking: 671
Helpful Votes: 2090

Pompom (Devon)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Mao: A Very Short Introduction (Very Short Introductions)
Mao: A Very Short Introduction (Very Short Introductions)
by Delia Davin

5.0 out of 5 stars Mao, 16 Oct 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this book to assist me in a course I am currently on. With the amount of revision and study I have to do, these 'very short introductions' are ideal for giving me a initial flavour of a subject which I can then flesh out at a later date. Really good overview of Mao. Highly recommended.

The Countryside Companion: The perfect country walking companion (Pathfinder Guides)
by Dennis Kelsall

4.0 out of 5 stars A good overview, 16 Oct 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Countryside Companion does what it says on the cover 'Identify common tress, flowers, birds, mammals etc'. This isn't encyclopaedic coverage, but you should get the most common foliage, birds and beasties which you spot on a county outing. It's small enough to fit into a rucksuck or large pocket. The photos are good. Highly recommended.

PRO PLAN Dog Duo Délice Adult Rich in Chicken With Rice, 2.5kg
PRO PLAN Dog Duo Délice Adult Rich in Chicken With Rice, 2.5kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Peppa, 16 Oct 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We used to have two dogs, but after losing one earlier this year we are sadly down to one. The loss of her companion has really hit her appetite, and we have tried all sorts of tactics and titbits to encourage her to eat. This dog food has really tempted her and she tucks in happily and clears the dish. Very happy us, and very happy Peppa. Highly recommended.

The Abominators: Number 1 in series
The Abominators: Number 1 in series
by J.L. Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Jolly good fun, 16 Oct 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a jolly book about a gang of boys called 'The Abominators'. Full of good hearted fun and pranks, my 5 year old laughed his proverbial socks off as I read it to him. I am sure he'll devour it himself in the future, and I will probably track down the whole series so that he can carry on following the gangs adventures. Highly recommended.

LeapFrog Read with Me (Violet)
LeapFrog Read with Me (Violet)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely toy, 25 Sep 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Read with Me (Violet) was greatly enjoyed by my niece (just shy of 2 years old). After choosing a book, she would pat Violet on the head to hear the story. The stories can be read along in the relevant book whilst Violet reads. It's a cuddly, attractive toy too and did not leave her arms all day. Highly recommended.

Orgran Free From Buckwheat Spirals 250 g (Pack of 7)
Orgran Free From Buckwheat Spirals 250 g (Pack of 7)

4.0 out of 5 stars Buckwheat Spirals, 18 Sep 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These buckwheat spirals were surprisingly nice. I was expecting something distinctly 'chewy', but what we got was basically tasty pasta with a bit more bite. Very tasty. Highly recommended.

Does Spelling Matter?
Does Spelling Matter?
by Simon Horobin

4.0 out of 5 stars Very knowledgeable, 18 Sep 2013
This review is from: Does Spelling Matter? (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Simon Horobin obviously knows his subject. This book is full of fascinating information about spelling and language, but I did not find it as easy to read as I had expected or hoped. A bit of a chore to wade through, but perseverance was rewarding in places. Recommended.

My Cat Pip: Pip, Pip, Hooray!
My Cat Pip: Pip, Pip, Hooray!
by Hachette Children's Books

4.0 out of 5 stars Pip Pip Hooray!, 18 Sep 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A marvellously busy book, full of flaps. Lots going on for children to look at (and count). My 5 year old little boy thoroughly enjoyed it. Highly recommended.

Elle By Beurer FCE75 Pureo Skin Clear Pen
Elle By Beurer FCE75 Pureo Skin Clear Pen
Offered by George and Freddie

3.0 out of 5 stars Not convinced....., 18 Sep 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I gave this product a good go. The science seems to be that the combination of heat and a blue light will magically heal your spots. It doesn't. Well not in my experience. It wasn't unpleasant to use although it did seem to take a while when you're holding it pressed against your spot. I may use it again if I'm desperate, but it's not good enough to use regularly!

Philips Visapure SC5265/12 Facial Cleansing Brush
Philips Visapure SC5265/12 Facial Cleansing Brush

5.0 out of 5 stars Big difference!, 18 Sep 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I suffer from roseacea and this product has made a big difference to my skin. I use it whatever foaming skin cleanser I have to hand, and I also purchased one of the exfoliating brushes as I found the brush that came with the product a little soft. My skin is so much better since I've been using it - smoother, less break outs, less redness. Highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20