Profile for T. Rose > Reviews

Content by T. Rose

T. Rose "Sienna" (Los Angeles)

Colin Firth: The Man Who Would Be King
Colin Firth: The Man Who Would Be King

5.0 out of 5 stars A definite buy!, 27 Nov. 2011
I just finished reading Sandro Monetti's bio on the great Colin Firth. What a fantastic read! I read a lot of biographies but this is an author who does his research. I had no idea Colin was such an interesting actor. Sandro has this exquisite panache when writing about stars as I read his last book on the life of Mickey Rourke. He makes us feel like we're right there with them. I love his writing style and I highly recommend you buy this for a Xmas pressie or just for yourself. Three thumbs up!

Mickey Rourke: Wrestling With Demons
Mickey Rourke: Wrestling With Demons
by Sandro Monetti

5.0 out of 5 stars You won't regret this read!, 7 Nov. 2009
I didn't know much about Mickey Rourke except that he had disappeared off the face of the earth at the height of his fame and came back not only with a new face, but with an Oscar in tow. Sandro Monetti writes his biography with true passion - he must be a huge fan - and he writes it with such panache that you can't put it down! I read this book in one sitting on a recent 10 hour Transatlantic flight. It's the amount of research Sandro has done which has created some of the best unbelievable and highly entertaining anecdotes in the book.