Profile for JB > Reviews

MIO Mivue 388 Omboard Cam, PC / Mac
Offered by RH LTD
Price: 159.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Great build quality but there is a 'but'!, 15 Aug 2014
Firstly I love Mio products and the solid build of this is no different but unfortunately the support service from Mio stinks! I have waited an age to get one of these but after much research and finally taking the plunge I have been grossly disappointed.
Like one of the other reviewers has commented, the calendar and time function will not retain when configured and defaults. Oddly enough a different time and date to that programmed in memory is recorded along with the footage. This makes me suspect a firmware issue. I have the latest firmware installed and have reinstalled it again but the problem still persists?
I tried to call Mio support but no response, I have repeatedly emailed my issue to the support team again no response so I am reluctantly returning my unit for a refund (not Amazon).
Would I accept a replacement? probably not the device is a little on the large side and cannot be hidden inconspicuously. It is reminiscent of a sat-nav perched on the screen.

Price: 19.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little gadget, 10 Jan 2014
I am using the Mobilite in conjunction with an Iphone 4, a 2nd gen Ipad and a Windows 8.1 laptop. All 3 devices work great for streaming video. The Mobilite is only let down when trying to stream to a big TV via the Apple devices and an Apple digital adapter. This is due to the Kingston App not fully utilising the Apples TV out function to give a full wide screen picture. I have found that using a 3rd party App such as the O player (purchased through Apples app store) is a great alternative that brings out the best in this device.

I have successfully used the wireless bridge mode with both the laptop and Ipad meaning that I can still surf whilst being connected to the
Panasonic Windows 8.1 Laptop
Iphone 4
Ipad 2
Transcend 32GB Premium SDHC Class 10 Memory Card

Canon Remote Control RC-06
Canon Remote Control RC-06
Price: 14.65

3.0 out of 5 stars ok for Canon 100D, 10 Jan 2014
I bought this to trigger my Canon 100D remotely and can confirm that is does indeed work. Select self-timer:10sec/remote from the menu and away. If anyone knows of any other menu settings that remote will work with then please let me know?

HQ by Nedis Good Quality 1 Metre Toslink Cable
HQ by Nedis Good Quality 1 Metre Toslink Cable
Price: 3.89

3.0 out of 5 stars watch out for anything metallic nearby, 25 Dec 2013
I have been having a few issues with my current set up and decided to replace my TOS link and cables. Needless to say I still have issues after replacing them with these new cables. I am not so sure that the quality of the cables is questionable but more the uninsulated metal ends? I have a 2TB Sky STB that has a metal Belling Lee coax connection This is very close to the S/PDIF out and I believe between this connection and the new Tos link cable connection there has been a short circuit causing intermittent loss of sound. I don't understand why this would be the case when dealing with light and I am not sure why gold plate ends are strictly necessary but a simple process of elimination swapping the cables around and replacing the TOS cable with a shrouded one has solved my issues. I would say it might be worth wrapping electrical tape around the gold ends in order to insulate it if anyone else experiences issues like mine?

David Buschs Canon EOS Rebel SL1/100D GDE Digital SLR Photography (David Busch's Digital Photography Guides)
by David Busch
Price: 12.91

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for all Canon 100D owners, 4 Dec 2013
I have read a few of David's books now and have to say this is without doubt an exceptional well illustrated manual for the D100 that is also so much more! It is a comprehensive Digital Photography guide without being too over the top. I am sure that most people like me that are starting off on the first step of the Digital SLR ladder will appreciate the plain speaking terminology and bite sized topic sections.

2 x T10 8 SMD LEDs Canbus error free LED front sidelight bulbs side indicators 501 W5W
Offered by Dabhees
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a set worth buying, 17 Nov 2013
I have just ordered a couple more sets of these following a successful error free 7 months of ownership for my VW and Mitsubishi vehicles. I have lost count the amount of poor quality LED bulbs I have purchased none of which have lived up to my expectations. These are the best, extremely bright and fill the headlamp when used as a sidelight bulb and equally as good when used for number plates (if not a little on the long side). Champion product, thoroughly recommend.

Lowepro SlingShot 102 AW Photo Sling Pack
Lowepro SlingShot 102 AW Photo Sling Pack
Price: 59.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Strange strap arrangement., 12 Aug 2013
The sling is curved and comfortable when slung over the left shoulder but for someone who prefers the right shoulder you might find this a little awkward unless worn over the head like in the product feature.

I am a bit unsure of the sling due to the way it is manufactured with just a thin material stitched under the top seam taking all the strain of the bag. There is a limited lifetime warranty on all Lowepro bags so hopefully if it does fail you might be able to claim for faulty goods?

I love all the little pouches and zip pockets, the stitched in microfibre that nicely protects my LCD screen and the shower proof cover that is hiding in the bottom of the bag. I like the tripod holder and SD card pouches and all the separate compartments for mains chargers etc.

Overall a nice little bag for my neat little Canon 100D camera that sits firmly in the centre with its 18-55mm lens and hood attached. I also have a 10-22mm EF-S wide angle and a EF-S 55-250mm zoom lens and hood (reversed)in the lens pouches.

But only 4 stars because it is expensive and the hand strap at the top is not centred correctly and could be made more comfortable to hold.

Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Lens
Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Lens
Price: 439.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fitted to EOS 100D, 8 Aug 2013
I just got my new lens today and wanted to let anyone know that might be considering trying this lens out in conjunction with an EOS 100d that it fits and works quite nicely. The lens has quite a tight fit in comparison with my other lenses. This worried me a little at first. The lens naturally makes the compact 100d feel quite different and frontal and downward tilt alongside the limited grip of the camera will not suit everyone's taste. I would strongly recommend the use of both hands at all times. I have wanted this lens for a while now and I am pleased I waited, the lens is now at a more reasonable offer price and has the added bonus of a pinch cap which I find really useful when working with a hood.

I am now off to look for a soft bag and the EW-83E Lens Hood.

LUPO NOOSY Nano Sim Card Cutter For iPhone 5, 5S (SILVER)
LUPO NOOSY Nano Sim Card Cutter For iPhone 5, 5S (SILVER)
Offered by LUPO STORE
Price: 10.00

4.0 out of 5 stars easy to use and works well, 5 April 2013
The first thing I should mention is that a pair of tweezers were supplied with the cutter and they were tucked away underneath the handle. There wasn't any reference to them being supplied in the kit and they had actually been wedged in tightly between the mechanism and the handle. I struggled for some time to release them and the only way I could get them out was to bend them. Had I not noticed they were there I believe I would have broken the cutter

I have used micro sim cutters before but not a nano sim cutter. I had a certain amount of trepidation but needn't have worried because the whole process went very well and the sim continues to work perfectly. There are markings in the cutter that shows the correct way to insert the sim so the whole process is more or less fool proof. Good product.

Premier AV-3MHD Premium 24K Gold Plated 3M HDMI to HDMI Cable
Premier AV-3MHD Premium 24K Gold Plated 3M HDMI to HDMI Cable
Price: 5.29

5.0 out of 5 stars I have several of these, 4 April 2013
I have used this product many times and just keep coming back for more as they are so good. Very reliable, does the job, no visible losses what more can I say?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5