Profile for Jadetober > Reviews

Content by Jadetober

Jadetober

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Children's Book: "Just The Way I Am": How to Build Self Confidence & Self-Esteem in children's books for ages 2 4 8 (Bedtime Stories for Early Readers - Picture Books in Kids Collection Book 3)
Price: 0.77

1.0 out of 5 stars Not well thought through..., 25 Jun 2014
I am glad I read this through before I read it to my son, the surprise is that the mother blames some magical being"god" for putting a birthmark on a child because he loves them. We do not believe in god or blaming him for things that are very easily explained, the fact that the mother doesn't notice the birthmarks on the boy or father makes it seem like something that needs to be ignored.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 25, 2014 2:21 PM BST

Puzzle Retreat
Puzzle Retreat
Price: 0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars nice little time waster, 31 May 2014
This review is from: Puzzle Retreat (App)
Fun little game to stretch your brain a little bit. Not too challenging, my three year old likes to play and sometimes accidentally gets it right which he gets very excited about. Not one for hardened puzzlers.

Beautiful Demons Box Set, Books 1-3: Beautiful Demons, Inner Demons, & Bitter Demons (Peachville High Demons Book 0)
Price: 0.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting twist, 24 May 2014
It's a nice twist on the normal black and white goodies and baddies type of story you normally get with this type of book. It has me hooked enough to seek out the next instalment in the series so it can't be too bad.

Gelli Baff Blue Lagoon
Gelli Baff Blue Lagoon
Price: 4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars We love it!, 18 Mar 2014
This review is from: Gelli Baff Blue Lagoon (Toy)
There is no doubt this is messy but that is part of childhood! We have used this numerous times and there is definitely a way of doing it. Fill the bath with about an inch or two of really warm water then add the jelli and mix mix mix! Break up any lumps, it will go very thick, slowly add more water until it is at the consistency you want. Play your heart out, we use toy sauce pans cups etc. When your done put in lots of extra water mix in the second powder if it doesn't turn back to water add two or three big tablespoons of salt to warm water and add to the bath and mix mix mix!

If your child doesn't like gooy or is nervous let them stand outside of the bath and slowly get used to it, no one said you had to get in...but in our house the grownups argue over who is getting in to play! It has never stained, blocked our plumbing or brought our very sensative skin out in any rashes.

Shrek Forever After: The Final Chapter (2010) [DVD]
Shrek Forever After: The Final Chapter (2010) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mike Myers
Price: 3.00

3.0 out of 5 stars bit darker than the rest..., 27 Feb 2014
Not as funny or fun as the rest of the shrek films. It was very dark and not nearly as'feel good'as the others. We don't watch it often, a bit of a disappointing end to a great run of films.

Madagascar 1-3 [DVD] [2005]
Madagascar 1-3 [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Ben Stiller
Offered by mecodu-uk
Price: 14.50

5.0 out of 5 stars classic family favourite, 27 Feb 2014
This review is from: Madagascar 1-3 [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
Just the thing for most kids and lots of adults! We watch all three fairly often as it isn't annoying for adults and little ones find it hilarious.

Zombie Tsunami
Zombie Tsunami
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars addictive beyond belief., 27 Feb 2014
This review is from: Zombie Tsunami (App)
This game has kept me occupied for hours and is easy enough for my 3year old to have a go too. Not at all bad for free although lots of in game things that cost real money.

Power Rangers Megaforce Dx Gosei Morpher
Power Rangers Megaforce Dx Gosei Morpher
Offered by Appods
Price: 12.12

5.0 out of 5 stars I think it's a hunk of plastic...3 year old thinks it's amazing., 27 Feb 2014
Well made and apparently the best toy our three year old has ever had in the whole world ever. So far its been dropped bashed and repeatedly slammed shut and it is still working well with no marks on it. I personally can't see what is so amazing about it but little man has been glued to it night and day since he got it.

The Gift
The Gift
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent read, 12 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Gift (Kindle Edition)
I rarely get pulled into a book so completely as I did with this one. on two occasions I got totally lost because of the complexity of the explanations however it didn't detract from the storyline so I coasted through.
The book is si-fi end of the world, aliens approaching, certain doom, fight against the government etc with a twist and some good characters. It is a shame some of them weren't developed more but you can't have it all. I almost want a sequel so that I can read more about the secondary characters. all in all I read the book over two days and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I would recommend it to si-fi lovers but perhaps not for those who like more realistic stories!

Clay Jam
Clay Jam
Price: 0.61

5.0 out of 5 stars addictive, 11 Dec 2013
This review is from: Clay Jam (App)
I only downloaded this for my three year old....he hasn't played on it much, Not because it isn't suitable, I haven't been able to put it down! it's simple and fairly easy to get the hang of but very addictive!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3