ARRAY(0xa4443b10)

Dvd
Offered by Lovefilm UK Limited
Price: 2.49

1.0 out of 5 stars WHY!?, 25 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Sweeney (Amazon Instant Video)
I recall the original TV series, saw a few episodes and remember watching the film on VHS, but I'm not reviewing this as a fan, upset at what has been done to it, I'm reviewing it as someone who wants to pour bleach into their eyes and drink enough to expunge it completely from their memory

Nick Love makes films that seem to be based on watching 8 year old boys, out playing with their mates. This was right up there in terms of that amount of realism. A very lazy “plot”, (not sure it even qualifies as one), appalling clichéd script and ridiculous over the top action. I can only imagine the brief was “Make everything look cool”, and then the meeting ended

The idea on Hayley Atwell having sex with Ray Winstone was the most unbelievable part of it all and made me sick in my mouth.
I can’t give a -5 Star review, so it gets +1 Star and that is only because it doesn’t have Danny Dyer in it

A vacuous, soulless empty husk of a film… enjoy

Smart Lunar 35 Lux Front Light - Black, (2xAA batt. inc.)
Smart Lunar 35 Lux Front Light - Black, (2xAA batt. inc.)
Price: 15.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Blinding, 31 May 2013
I can't fault this product.

I do a lot of cycle touring, including on the continent and have one of these lights, either side of of bar bag. They provide excellent cover, (even on a pitch black night, on windy roads in the Dolomites).

I've seen lights that cost two or three times as much, that weren't as good. Well worth the money

PowerBee  Explorer Pro solar phone charger pack for nearly all UK mobile phones, iPhone 2G 3G 3s 4, Ipods, PSP's, Nintendo DS, Sony PSP, Tom Tom, mp3 players, and nearly all handhelds in the UK
PowerBee Explorer Pro solar phone charger pack for nearly all UK mobile phones, iPhone 2G 3G 3s 4, Ipods, PSP's, Nintendo DS, Sony PSP, Tom Tom, mp3 players, and nearly all handhelds in the UK
Offered by PowerBee Ltd
Price: 69.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Bike Touring, 16 Aug 2011
I do a lot of cycling, regularly cycling one day, camping out and then cycling back the next, so the ability to charge electronic devices such as my Garmin and my mobile is essential. I did a few experiments before doing a review so that I would be able to report accurately on my experience...

The Charge Pack:
I completely drained my phone (Motorola Atrix) and then plugged the fully charged pack into it. I had a 90% full battery in 2 hours and a completely drained pack. Now bearing in mind that I have a 1900mAh battery in my phone, that is good. I can use the phone on medium use over a weekend and it will still have about 15% charge left on a Sunday night, it takes a bit of draining and equally a fair bit to charge from scratch, so I was very impressed with that.

Large Solar Panel:
I have used this in a few different ways, firstly to trickle charge the Charge Pack. I clipped it securely to my rear panniers and connected it to the Charge Pack, (which was inside the pannier), and set off as normal. The clips and the strap kept it very secure and the Charge Pack was full when I arrived at my destination 8 hours later. I didn't check on it periodically, so I don't know how it actually took, but it did what I wanted it to do, which was charge as I rode.

The other way I use it is by attaching the Solar Panel to my handlebar bag, then connecting it to my Garmin bike computer. Again, I rode for 7-8 hours and it kept the Garmin topped up. That is massively important to me as I am riding to Italy in September and will be camping at nights with little access to plug sockets for charging.

Overall:
Well pleased. It is far lighter than putting a dynamo on my bike, it can be used when I am stationary and it won't hamper my progress by applying friction to the wheel as I travel... I love it!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 30, 2012 9:26 AM BST

The Man Who Cycled the Americas
The Man Who Cycled the Americas
by Mark Beaumont
Price: 12.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, 27 May 2011
The first thing that pleased me about the book is that it was the same cover type as Mark's first. I was worried that it might be a hardback and they wouldn't match on my bookshelf...lol.

The second is that it is every bit as inspiring as The Man Who Cycled The World and yet a very different read. The first book was all about the world record, the efforts in achieving it and he often commented at how little time he got to spend experiencing the places he road through, this is very much about the journey, the people and the places, as well as the small matter of what Mark actually achieved himself. There is so much to be gained from reading this book, even if you watched the programmes about it.

I met Mark last year when he did a tour, talking about his two rides, he signed the bike I will be riding to Italy later this year. Whenever I'm struggling up a hill, or into a headwind I look at it, remember what Mark went through on his rides and dig deep. Reading this book inspires me to push that bit further than I think I'm able... I can not recommend it strongly enough.
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 6, 2011 10:44 PM GMT

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Can't see..., 5 Nov 2009
It certainly protects the screen, it fits perfectly and it goes on easily. It even looks cool as a mirror, the issue starts when you operate the phone in a well lit environment, because you can't see the screen.

Indoors it works fantastic and the mirror almost disappears, outside you can't even tell if the phone is on. I tried to use my camera, but just kept seeing myself looking back at me, squinting, trying to see what I was filming.

So my review... Only to be used if you are nocturnal, or live in a dimly lit cave

The Greatest Show on Earth: The Evidence for Evolution
The Greatest Show on Earth: The Evidence for Evolution
by Richard Dawkins
Edition: Audio CD
Price: 15.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Better written down, 5 Nov 2009
It might be hard going initially for someone unfamiliar with evolution and certainly makes more sense on the second listening. The first time seems like a long list of long words, second time, it all sinks in...

I have the book, which I have read and thoroughly enjoyed, so I bought this to listen to at work and perhaps learn it from a slightly different perspective. In this respect it definitely worked. However, as with all abridged works, you get a lot more from the whole thing. There are some great things missing from the book, other examples of evidence that can be given to how ridiculous creationism is and how TRUE evolution is.

I would still thoroughly recommend it though