Profile for iain - Bristol > Reviews

Content by iain - Bristol

iain - Bristol "Iain" (Bristol)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Bosch Rotak 43 Ergoflex Corded Rotary Lawnmower (43 cm Cutting Width)
Bosch Rotak 43 Ergoflex Corded Rotary Lawnmower (43 cm Cutting Width)
Offered by Garden4Less

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very good, 5 May 2014
I like the cutting width as it means fewer trips up and down, but it does mean that the mower struggles if the grass has got a bit long or is even slightly damp, you then have to take it quite slow. My main complaint is the grass collector; while it is quite large it has 'overhangs' all around so when it is full you turn it upside down and nothing comes out as the overhangs hold it in. I end up really having to shake it and then you always get grass caught behind the overhangs so you have to shake it this way and that to get all the grass out. The back of the actual mower where the grass collector fits is also a very odd shape with lots of nooks and crannies which fill with grass and if the grass is at all damp then it is a real pain to clean.
The combs are not that great, they probably get more than a mower without combs, but as they leave some long grass against the side of my raised decking I have to go round with a strimmer anyway.
To end on a positive, it does leave nice stripes on the lawn.

Velveteen
Velveteen

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes me back, 15 Mar 2014
This review is from: Velveteen (Audio CD)
I really like this album it takes me straight back to the late 80s as soon as I hear any song from it. Its always nice to feel19 or 20 again when you are in your 40s !!

Marines (Crimson Worlds Book 1)
Marines (Crimson Worlds Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great start to series, 15 Mar 2014
A great start to a brilliant series. I find all Jay Allan books to be real page turners and they leave me really wanting the next installment. There are a few threads running through the series so you are always what is going to happen next.

A Little Rebellion (Crimson Worlds Book 3)
A Little Rebellion (Crimson Worlds Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 15 Mar 2014

The Martian
The Martian

5.0 out of 5 stars really enjoyed it, 15 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Martian (Kindle Edition)
I really ended up cheering him on, I found it a real page turner. Nothing too sci-fi about it, the technology is very believable.

Man on Fire (A Creasy novel Book 1)
Man on Fire (A Creasy novel Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 15 Mar 2014
Shame they are keeping the prices of the AJ Quinnell books so high or I would have bought all of them by now.

MITSUGAWA CE/BS1363 certified Dual USB 2A mains power adapter charger plug for iPad, MP3 players, iPods, iPhone and mobile phones etc
Offered by Sunkin

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't seem like a 2amp charger, 15 Mar 2014
2amps should charge most phones quite quickly, but this one seems slower than the 1amp charger I already had. I would recommend the Portapow range over this one.

Skullcandy Titan 2.0 In-Ear Headphones with Mic - Red/Black
Skullcandy Titan 2.0 In-Ear Headphones with Mic - Red/Black
Offered by WorldTech UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 15 Mar 2014
Dampen out external noise quite well and the sound quality is great. people at the other end of the phone say they can hear me fine so the microphone works well.

Colour Changing Floating Fruit Spa Bath Mood Light
Colour Changing Floating Fruit Spa Bath Mood Light

3.0 out of 5 stars Switch a bit dodgy after 1 month, 15 Mar 2014
Worked fine initially, but the switch had become harder to work now. I usually end up taking it apart to turn it on. thinking of sending it back, but it does work and once it is on the lights are fine- at least my wife like it.

Mobilizers: High Speed 7 Ports USB 2.0 HUB With 7 Power Switches And Led Lights For Laptop / Notebook / PC / Computer / Tablets - WHITE
Offered by Fonezilla

4.0 out of 5 stars Feels a bit cheap, but it was!, 15 Mar 2014
Does not come with its own power supply , the cable to the computer is fixed (about 0.5m long) and white. The unit was cheap and it feels it, but it does work (i've had it a week with no problems so far.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4