Profile for love reading > Reviews

Content by love reading
Top Reviewer Ranking: 672

love reading "marsy" (Scotland)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Battat Garbage Truck
Battat Garbage Truck

5.0 out of 5 stars Very well made and fun toy, 27 July 2015
This review is from: Battat Garbage Truck (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very sturdy toy. It is well made and has lots of detail such as the bins at the back. It is bright and colourful and will last a lot of roughhouse play. My nephew is loving this and it makes a great gift for any wee boy. This is highly recommended.

Brabantia FlatBack+ Pedal Bin, 30 L - White
Brabantia FlatBack+ Pedal Bin, 30 L - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Highest quality pedal bin., 27 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is class and will look great in the most ambitious kitchen. It is tall but it sits flat against the wall so doesn't take up a lot of room. It is a half moon shape so needs special brabantia liners. The lid closes slowly leaving you plenty of time to get your stuff in it This bin is so well made it really is a pleasure to use and to look at. It is of the highest quality and I thoroughly recommend this.

WOW Toys Special Day Countdown Calendar
WOW Toys Special Day Countdown Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing toy, will be loved, 23 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a wonderful idea. It is like a special advent calendar for any occasions such as birthdays, holidays or just for fun. My little niece adored it. I think it will also be suitable for older children too. The toys are excellent quality and are a surprise every day. There is also an activity to do every day.
This is well made and excellent value for money an It is a treasure for children to build up their excitement.

Second Nature Adult Grain Free Turkey with Sweet Potato
Second Nature Adult Grain Free Turkey with Sweet Potato

5.0 out of 5 stars dog loves it, 21 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is an excellent buy. It comes in a huge package so I suppose it would be best to check if your dog likes it before buying. My dog loves it. He is not usually so keen on dried food and we need to tart it up a bit for him but not so with this. He scoffs the whole bowl. I baby really comment on whether it is healthy or not but this dog food does make my job easier on his next day walk! I know it is specially designed with all the necessary nutrients for my dog so I am happy and it is great value.

H2D Black Magicurl Hair Curling Wand
H2D Black Magicurl Hair Curling Wand

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent curler with gorgeous lasting curls, 12 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As always with H2D they have produced another great hair tool. I use their straighteners and love them. This conical wand is also excellent. It heats up fast. It makes the most gorgeous curls especially if you alternate the direction of them. The curls are tight and last for days. The cable is long and swivels allowing you ease of movement.I love that they provide a thermal glove as this makes it much easier to use (I struggled before using a wand). Also the eons apparently are good for the hair.
I thoroughly recommend this conical wand as I do other H2D products; they are quality and better value than their competitors.

Black Rabbit Hall
Black Rabbit Hall
by Eve Chase

4.0 out of 5 stars slow burner but pace quickens to become a great story., 12 July 2015
This review is from: Black Rabbit Hall (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The first half of this book is very slow and, to be honest, I felt like giving up at this point but I am glad I didn't as the pace improves and it all comes together.
Ultimately, this was great read. I liked the characters and the story. It was also great writing and described the sense of freedom but also menace in the children's lives in Cornwall. The description if the setting was very real.
I did thoroughly enjoy Black Rabbit Hall but wish the first half had been more engaging.

Vidal Sassoon Infra Radiance Curler
Vidal Sassoon Infra Radiance Curler
Offered by pharmacysaver

5.0 out of 5 stars Great results and very easy to use., 8 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am obviously an old fashioned girl as I much prefer these to a curling wand. These are fantastic tongs. They make big ringlet type curls and if you alternate the direction of each curls, the result is gorgeous. I find them very easy to use because of the tight grip.
They heat up to 180 and you don't need to hold it in place too long to get result. They barrel lights up with the infrared which apparently is good for your hair. The end has cooler bit which make them easier to hold and work with. There is also a built in rest to protect your surfaces.
These are fantastic tongs with great results and very easy to use and affordable. Highly recommended by me.

Philips Series 5000 Hair Clipper HC5440/83 with DualCut Technology Cordless Use and Beard Comb Attachments

5.0 out of 5 stars saves a fortune on barber's and does a very professional job., 6 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have bought my husband many of these type of things over the years since he has been losing his hair and he is left with patchy uneven clumps of hair. Not so with this Phillips hair clipper. It has left his hair smooth and it looks as though it has been professionally done, saving a fortune repeatedly going to the barber.
It was easy for him to use and he managed it all on first attempt whereas with other clippers he has to keep practising. The beard clipper has also made a nice job of keeping his facial hair trimmed and even. The : it us also well made.
This is an excellent product of its type and makes a perfect job.

The Third Wife
The Third Wife
by Lisa Jewell

3.0 out of 5 stars a pleasant enough read but with a feeble plot., 5 July 2015
This review is from: The Third Wife (Paperback)
In my opinion, this was not the page turner that other reviewers claim it to be.
It is well-written and the characterisation was good but I felt the plot was very weak. I was waiting on the revelation of some big secret which when it arrived emtirely failed to wow and was a total anticimax. The theme of selfishness was really too much common knowledge to be dealt with in a novel like this and, therefore, there was no didactic element. I am not trying to say that we should leave all novels having been enlightened in some way but if the plot is weak and the writer is dealing mainly with a theme then it should be more subtle than here.
This was a pleasant enough read but lacked a good story or any depth and I would not rush to read anything else by this writer.

Beiersdorf Eucerin Aquaphor Soothing Skin
Beiersdorf Eucerin Aquaphor Soothing Skin

5.0 out of 5 stars I wouldn't be without it., 5 July 2015
I think this is a miracle cream! My family swear by it. It soothes broken skin, spots, the very worst dry skin and eczema. It makes your feet soft and beautiful. It takes pain away from all sorts of skin ailments. My friend's deeply chapped hAnds were cured in days. I could go on and on but suffice to say, I wouldn't be without it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20