Profile for love reading > Reviews

Content by love reading
Top Reviewer Ranking: 609

love reading "marsy" (Scotland)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Think Yourself Thin: The Thin Woman's Brain - Proven Secrets to Permanent Weight Loss through Subconscious Empowerment

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter rubbish! Do not buy!, 20 Dec 2014
This is the biggest con in the history of books! All it does is tell you to eat healthily,without any advice on how to, and to exercise. It does not tell you any tips to change your thinking or your diet. It is complete rubbish.
I review a lot and I read a lot and I have NEVER read a more stupid book!

Something I Need
Something I Need

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic song for a fantastic singer., 17 Dec 2014
This review is from: Something I Need (Audio CD)
This is a fantastic song written by the super-talented Ryan Tedder and performed by the best X Factor winner, in my opinion. His voice is amazing and this song showcases it brilliantly. Excellent song.

Ultrasport Women's Galina Parka - Brown/Black, Small
Ultrasport Women's Galina Parka - Brown/Black, Small

5.0 out of 5 stars Style, quality, comfort, cosy and waterproof. Excellent parka, 13 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Having tried on so many parkas in the shops over the last few weeks, it was great to find one that feels like a nice fit as soon as you put it on. It also looks great, is very modern and a lovely rich brown colour. It is not too bulky or too heavy and it has a hidden adjustable elastic drawstring waist inside. It’s quilted inside, waterproof and windproof but breathable - which is great to keep you cosy but not feel like you’re trapped in a sauna. It’s a simple style and quality finish with 2 zipped pockets, 2 buttoned pockets and 2 inside pockets which I really like as one of them is concealed within the fastening zip flap. The black sweater thumb loop-hole cuffs keep the top of your hands warm but they’re not noticeable or annoying if you don’t want to use them. Overall, I’m really happy with this parka and it’ll go with lots of winter woollies.
This is a very high quality jacket, that not only looks great but is extremely functional. I highly recommend this parka.

Karmin Salon Series Ultralight Ionic Hair Dryer / Blow Dryer
Karmin Salon Series Ultralight Ionic Hair Dryer / Blow Dryer
Offered by Beyas S.A.S.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely amazing!!!, 9 Dec 2014
This is quite simply the most amazing hairdryer I could ever imagine!
It is so light and easy to hold. My hair is long and thick and my arm often gets tired and sore drying my hair. This is very light and petite.
It is gorgeous! How can a hairdryer be gorgeous? Well it is; it is white and black and glossy with silver buttons and it looks amazing. It is also beautifully boxed so would make a lovely gift.
However, the very best feature of this hairdryer is the speed and accuracy at which it dries your hair. It is superfast! But with the speed, there is also precision and it doesn't just blast at your hair but keeps it well under control. After using this hairdryer I do not even need to straighten my hair and that is a first, I don't know if this is because of the smoothing effect of the ions or just because it is so fast and precise. It has a very high heat but also a cool setting and a cold blast. There are also two power switches. I have also tried the diffuser which is even faster and made a lovely job of curls in jig time.
I hate having to dry and style my hair most mornings before I go to work but with the Karmin it is almost effortless. This is an expensive hairdryer but, in my opinion, it is well worth the money as there is nothing else like it.
I thoroughly recommend this hairdryer and I am convinced you will love it as much as I do!

BT Video Baby Monitor 7500 Lightshow
BT Video Baby Monitor 7500 Lightshow
Offered by BabySecurity

5.0 out of 5 stars Creme de la creme of baby monitors, 8 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is an exceptional baby monitor and in quite a different league from others I have used or seen. There are many amazing features and I don't know if I have used them all to full advantage yet.
The kit is small and compact. It is also sturdy and solid and I would imagine will be durable and long-lasting.
I love the talk back feature; when your baby cries you can reassure it before physically going to it. The sound is great both ways and you can even hear your little one breathing and gurgling. The sounds and music too is of a high quality and there are lots of songs and sounds to soothe baby to sleep.
The light show is lovely and the night light is soft and gentle.
Perhaps my favourite features are the crying alert, the monitor screen and the temperature gauge.
The range is amazing and you can use the monitor throughout the house which is very reassuring and is great.
Overall, this is ideal! It gives total peace of mind as well as helping baby sleep. This monitor is well worth the spend and it is excellent in every way.

MADAME LA LA Tan 200 ml
MADAME LA LA Tan 200 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Best I have tried and I think I have tried them all!, 7 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Since having skin cancer some years ago in the form of a melanoma, I have become a bit of an expert on self-tan and have tried most of the high end brands. My favourite of them all is he-shi and I didn't think it could be beaten. Madame LA LA is on a par or better depending on the look you want as it is less intense than he-shi. Madame LA LA is amazing! It is far better than any of the other brands i have tried and I honestly think I have tried them all. The results are perfect and I love that the finished result is not so intense and is perfect for winter when self-tan can look really fake and overdone. It gives a real sun-kissed glow which is subtle; however, for the summer you could just layer it to give it more depth. Some tans can look too golden which is unnatural or a bit dirty but this has an almost reddish ting to make it look very real. It doesn't have that fake tan smell. It glides on and is really easy to apply because you can see it going on. I have had it on for almost a week now and it is still perfect which is great.
Honestly, this is the best there is, in my opinion. You will not be disappointed.

Jaw-Dropping Geography: Fun Learning Facts About INTERESTING ICELAND: Illustrated Fun Learning For Kids

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative little book for teachers and for kids, 6 Dec 2014
This is a very informative little book. As a teacher, I will use it as a resource for my pupils. It is well written and chatty, although perhaps sometimes a bit too sophisticated for children. It is very interesting with lots of details. It is only short so does not take long to read. I definitely recommend this an educational resource but there will be books out there with much more content.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 7, 2014 11:14 PM GMT

The Lazarus Prophecy
The Lazarus Prophecy

5.0 out of 5 stars Great writer and this is his best!, 6 Dec 2014
I have read quite a few of FG Cottam's books and I love them but this is the best yet.
It has everything! It is a murder mystery; a religious thriller, a horror and it is a supernatural story. Cottam manages to achieve all this credibly which few authors manage well.
The story is very interesting and keeps the pages turning. The characters are well-drawn and plausible. However, for me it was the atmospheric writing which I loved the most. It really portrayed the Victorian era of the ripper so vividly. The prose was breath taking at times too and he writes with such ease.
The only downside for me was the ending because I didn't fully understand it which was very disappointing. I don't know if I'm just a bit dense but I didn't feel as though it was explained thoroughly and the solution was rushed. Other than that though, it was an amazing reading experience and I loved every minute of it.

Boira Sangiovese 2012 Wine 75 cl (Case of 3)
Boira Sangiovese 2012 Wine 75 cl (Case of 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely flavoured wine, 5 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am not a wine expert and , therefore, apologise for not using the standard descriptions. But I do know what tastes good and what I enjoy and this wine tastes really good. This was agreed wholeheartedly by my friend who shared it with me. It is beautifully mellow and not okay making it easy to drink. I think it would go well with any type of meat but especially a rich tomato based meat or vegetarian pasta. I also lime that this is organic as you know you are getting quality. I have to say we both agreed this as one of the nicest wines we have tasted. I would definitely buy this again and I thoroughly recommend.

Esselte Pendaflex A4 Vertical Suspension Files - Assorted (Pack of 10)
Esselte Pendaflex A4 Vertical Suspension Files - Assorted (Pack of 10)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great suspension files, 5 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are very strong and robust without being bulky. They are colour co-ordinated and are easy to differentiate between your documents. They come in turquoise, yellow, white, green and red. They also have a Perspex label to clearly see what your wallet contains. They fit into the drawer of a standard filing cabinet. These will last for a long time and are well worth it for important stuff.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20