Profile for love reading > Reviews

Content by love reading
Top Reviewer Ranking: 629

love reading "marsy" (Scotland)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Tefal Cook4Me Electric Multi Cooker with Delay Start (50 Pre Programmed Recipes) 6L
Offered by Lakeland

5.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps the greatest kitchen invention ever! Absolutely fantastic!, 17 Sep 2014
This is an absolutely amazing invention! I actually cannot express how delighted I am with this brilliant appliance.
Anybody can now cook perfect and delicious meals. I like to cook but can be lazy and tired when I come home from work; this is a complete remedy and it is easier than going for takeaway! It also makes everything be cooked to perfection in a fraction of the time it would normally take to make the same meal on a regular cooker.
The Cook4me can make most food but doesn't seem to cook pasta. There are 50 pre-programmed recipes from a range of starters, mains and desserts. I have tried loads of them including dahl, various soups, curries, sweet n sour pork, Greek lamb, Beef & Ale Casserole, Green Thai chicken curry, Thai spicy pork, and a bread and butter pudding. All of these dishes were cooked to total perfection. The Greek lamb is the nicest lamb I have tasted and melts in the mouth. They are ready in minutes and taste delicious. You do need to thicken some of the sauces with thickening granules though.
As well as the built in recipes, there are also loads of single ingredients you can cook. you weigh your ingredient eg a bit of meat, pop it in, press the weight and ingredient and it cooks it to perfection. I made delicious roast pork that way and stick in potatoes and vegetables all the time.
You can also make your own recipes in this; anything that would go in a slow cooker would work but would cook in about 20 minutes instead of 8 hours. The meat comes out succulent and tender.
I honestly cannot recommend the Tefal Cook4Me enough. It is by far the best kitchen appliance ever invented. I absolutely adore mine and wouldn't be without it now. If you need any advice, contact me and I will try to help - I am so excited about it.

Babies Firsts Coolmax®  Quad-Fold/Folding Travel Cot Mattress 119x59cm
Babies Firsts Coolmax® Quad-Fold/Folding Travel Cot Mattress 119x59cm

5.0 out of 5 stars very portable and comfortable, 14 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a super lightweight mattress that folds very easily. It is lovely and soft and bouncy. It is also easy to carry for travelling but it is just as good to use as a regular mattress. I love the fact that it washes so easily too. It is also safe with breathable fabrics and has passed all the stringent controls.
This is a great buy and I think a necessary buy for your baby and you. This is a fantastic product; it is very well made and very comfy and light.

Melissa & Doug Peel and Press Stained Glass Undersea Fantasy
Melissa & Doug Peel and Press Stained Glass Undersea Fantasy

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely activity, 14 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a delightful way to spend time with children. My nieces aged 6 and 9 did this under my supervision and they loved it. I do think the 6 year old needed quite a bit of guidance but it was no bother to the older one. When they got started it was easy and fun. They were delighted with the end product which is vivid and colourful and very attractive. The frame was also fairly sturdy and this is quality. I will definitely be buying more of these as they are excellent value for money and also a lovely way for children to spend a rainy afternoon, As a teacher of teenagers I will also be trying to buy a more complex version too as this product is of such high quality.

Dr. Rocket's Talk Yourself Slim with the Self-Chatter Diet: Behaviour Focused Weight-Loss Success

4.0 out of 5 stars good advice but clumsily delivered, 7 Sep 2014
This book is full of awesome advice. It is actually jam-packed with snippets which will help you lose weight. It also gives you a new way to think regarding how much you eat and why you actually eat but for me it still doesn't really help me fix the reasons for my overeating even if I know why I do it.
On a negative note, I felt it was repetitive, although the writer claims this is a necessary part of the programme, and to me it was unstructured and jumbled. I also found the prose quite heavy, disjointed and ungrammatical at times.
Overall though, if you follow the advice in this book, you will lose weight. Some of it is new to me and makes so much sense for instance sipping water instead of gulping down 2litres at a time keeps us hydrated.
I am going to try to practice the principles in this book but as the author says, there is no magic pill.

Jamie's Comfort Food
Jamie's Comfort Food
by Jamie Oliver

5.0 out of 5 stars mmmm, heaven!, 7 Sep 2014
This review is from: Jamie's Comfort Food (Hardcover)
Another cracker from Jamie!
This is a delicious cookery book in the usual wild, flamboyant and colourful style of Jamie. The pages are full of bright, vivid photographs tempting you to try the recipes which are headlined with alliteration and tempting titles.
The food itself is amazing! It is very appetising and delicious. Personally, I found the structure of the recipes a bit all over the place and lacking coherence but I suppose that adds to the flamboyant style of the book. I tried the Chicken Tikka Masala and it was easy and absolutely delicious, as was the Shepherd's Pie. I also loved the Mushroom Soup Pasta Bake that combines the two dishes! All are delicious and easy. These are all I have tried so far but they were gorgeous. The others that I will be trying in the coming weeks include Chicken Sharwarma, Katsu Curry, Massaman Curry, all the pastas and risottos, Mousakka and all the cakes!
The recipes in this book really are comfort foods; all sound yummy and satisfying and yet he has a calorie count for each recipe and many are surprisingly low. The recipes are cosmopolitan and highly flavoured dishes.
This book is a real winner and although I love all Jamie's books, this is already my favourite.

Fly London Women's Yaz Court Shoes P500025136 Dundee Stone 4 UK, 37 EU
Fly London Women's Yaz Court Shoes P500025136 Dundee Stone 4 UK, 37 EU

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely sparkly court shoe, 5 Sep 2014
I love these sparkly court shoes. As with all Fly London, they are beautifully made and extremely comfortable. These shoes really go with anything and they are very attractive. I love these.

Fitflop Kys (leather) Flip Flops - Black
Fitflop Kys (leather) Flip Flops - Black
Offered by SOLETRADER

5.0 out of 5 stars Undoubtedly the comfiest shoes i have ever owned. I absolutely adore these and they are the best buy ever!, 5 Sep 2014
I have been on a mission for years to find the ultimate in comfort and I have finally found them. My second in comfort is Skechers Go Walk but these are much comfier and look much better too. I literally have worn them all summer! I also own a pair in another colour and wish fitflops would make a full shoes like this for the winter because I love them so much.
Your foot just bounces in them and standing all day is effortless. I have always suffered from sore feet and legs especially when standing but not at all with these. I honestly cannot express the comfort of these shoes; they are bliss!
I think they look fairly nice too and I wear them with dresses and trousers. Normally extremely comfortable shoes can be ugly eg crocs and gowalk but these are perfect!
I adore these shoes and I never want them to wear out! I'll be lost without them!

Fly London Women's Andy Black Comfort P142617004 4 UK
Fly London Women's Andy Black Comfort P142617004 4 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable and gorgeous!, 4 Sep 2014
These are great shoes and are extremely comfortable considering they are high. They are as comfortable as wearing flat shoes. The leather is soft and the sole is springy and easy to wear. They do tend to slip off though when walking but I wear them to work where I have to stand all day and I find them comfortable. Overall, they are lovely shoes and I love mine.

Fly London Women's Yury Peep-Toe P500482012 Red 4 UK, 37 EU
Fly London Women's Yury Peep-Toe P500482012 Red 4 UK, 37 EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning colour of leather., 4 Sep 2014
These are beautiful red sparkly shoes. They are so well made as with all Fly London shoes. They have a good sized heel but are easy to walk in as they are a wedge. The sole is rubbery so they are comfortable. They are extremely sturdy and are quality shoes. The leather is gorgeous!

Fly London Women's Beau Fashion Sandals P500441004 Black 4 UK, 37 EU
Fly London Women's Beau Fashion Sandals P500441004 Black 4 UK, 37 EU

5.0 out of 5 stars beautifully made shoes, 4 Sep 2014
These are so well finished and good looking. They are shiny black leather with a sturdy sole. They look lovely and they are also extremely comfortable. They look great with skirts or trousers. They are not flat but not too high. Typical great quality and attractive shoes from Fly London

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20