Profile for love reading > Reviews

Content by love reading
Top Reviewer Ranking: 585

love reading "marsy" (Scotland)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Tacwise Electric 16G Finish Nail Gun
Tacwise Electric 16G Finish Nail Gun

5.0 out of 5 stars suitable for the novice and the professional alike, 23 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My husband thinks this is great. He is not very good at DIY but he was nailing bits on to our fence and he found it very easy to use and effective. He said it went through the wood easily and required little skill. He found it easy to handle. It is sturdy but not too heavy and he felt it was very powerful.
To give the buyer an insight into how a professional joiner found this nail gun, I let my brother in law who has a joinery business try this out and this is what he said from a professional viewpoint. It is a very robust nailer which is also very easy to handle. It comes in an attractive protective case which is good to carry. It will drive bards in and leave an excellent finish with very little marks to the timber. It is very handy and versatile for many nailing jobs including dado rails, facings beading and skirting. Overall, he thought it was an excellent nail gun and he will definitely buy it when he needs to replace his existing one and highly recommends it to other joiners.
My husband also recommends this nail gun to the handy man or not so handy man! I, therefore, believe this to be a high quality and effective product.

TOMY Stack n Play Lighthouse
TOMY Stack n Play Lighthouse

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great wee toy, 20 Oct 2014
This review is from: TOMY Stack n Play Lighthouse (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a great wee toy. It is very robust and sturdy and will stand the test of children whacking it about. It is bright and colourful and very appealing to the children. They will also gain benefits in their coordination with this toy. It is a good size and very worth the money as it is substantial. Excellent toy.

Strange Glory: A life of Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Strange Glory: A life of Dietrich Bonhoeffer
by Charles Marsh

4.0 out of 5 stars ... very well written book about a very complex and amazing character. The book is insightful and informative, 20 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very well written book about a very complex and amazing character. The book is insightful and informative. However, I felt some of the observations were merely that and portrayed Bonhoeffer in a less than favourable light at times. Considering what he did in his life, I feel this was unnecessary.
This is a heavy read and I am very glad I took the time to read it but I certainly wouldn't recommend for light entertainment value.

How to Stress Less: Simple Ways to Stop Worrying and Take Control of Your Future
by Benjamin Bonetti

4.0 out of 5 stars good if your problems are simple; not so good for complex issues with stress, 20 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a good book for a limited problem as the information is limited; however, that might be exactly what you need so I am not belittling this book or anyone's reasons for reading and using it. The focus is on understanding what stress is, some mind over matter common-sense techniques and improving diet and exercise. They are laid out in an easy to read, simple structure with key points highlighted.
I have had serious issues with stress in my life This book would, therefore, not be what I am looking for and there are more books which are far more detailed and have far more depth.

The Hairy Dieters: Good Eating (Hairy Bikers)
The Hairy Dieters: Good Eating (Hairy Bikers)

5.0 out of 5 stars By far the most enjoyable way to lose weight!, 9 Oct 2014
Yet another godsend from the Hairy Dieters!
I have been following the recipes from the other two books for a year now and they are my staple diet to be honest. I have lost 2 stones without effort and eating delicious and wholesome food by following the recipes. The concept of the Hairy Dieters is delicious food that is low in calories but high in flavour and they really are. They are also mostly easy to prepare and cook and everyone I have made is delicious and my family all love them too.
The new book looks just as brilliant. There are over 50 main meal recipes here as well as breakfasts, cakes, puds, sandwiches, soups and salads. They all look amazing and there are photos of them all with easy to follow instructions. This book has now expanded my meal plans and I will be able to eat a different delicious meal every night for months now and lose weight! I really and truly believe these are the best recipes I have ever tried and they are good for you!
Some of the most amazing recipes are Home made Fish Fingers (delicious with Actifry chips!), Smashed up Chicken, Lamb Dhansak, Caribbean Chicken Curry, Chicken Chasseur, Steak Pizzaiola, Irish Stew, Pork Saltimboca and Chicken Cacciatore.
As usual, the book is written with Si and Dave's humour but there are also lots of tips and good advice. It is an enjoyable and informative read.
I guarantee if you follow these recipes and the ones in their other books, you will learn how to cook, eat the best meals you have ever made and lose weight. Stuff the magic pill, give me the Hairy Dieter recipes anyday!

The Skinny Gut Diet: Balance Your Digestive System for Permanent Weight Loss
The Skinny Gut Diet: Balance Your Digestive System for Permanent Weight Loss

4.0 out of 5 stars Works on two levels: as low carb food plan and by getting healthy bacteria in your gut, 9 Oct 2014
This is a very interesting and well written book and one that is making a difference to my weight.
There is lots of scientific information here to support the writer's claims and she spends a long time on this (in my opinion, too long as I just wanted to find out what to do!) but obviously this is useful to give her work credibility and help us understand how our bodies actually work.
The actual eating part of the diet itself is old hat though and just another form of low carb so you would lose weight on it anyway. With this, I wasn't very impressed but I was very interested in her other claims about the bacteria in the gut and how they caused weight gain. I, therefore, decided to test this out without the actual diet as I knew I would lose weight with the low carbohydrate, so I bought very strong acidophilus to test the theory. I have been amazed at the results! I have become very regular, have lost weight without altering my diet at all and no longer feel bloated. It really is amazing. I have been so impressed with these results that I am going to give her food plan a go too although it is quite restrictive.
Overall, this diet works! I feel much better, lighter, less bloated and more energetic.

Rapesco 2200 Punch Heavy-duty 2-Hole Capacity 150x 80gsm Black Ref PF220AP1
Rapesco 2200 Punch Heavy-duty 2-Hole Capacity 150x 80gsm Black Ref PF220AP1

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent but very large paper punch, 4 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is an excellent paper punch. It can get through huge bundles of paper and is excellent for use in the school where I work as I have to put very large units of work in ringbinders and this does the job effortlessly. There is also a very handy measure to ensure your work remains accurate and the holes are in the correct place for the size of the paper. This tool is sturdy and well made. It is also very easy to use and very effective. It is pretty huge though so wouldn't recommend for home use or do light us in th office as it is too big to sit well on a desktop. Overall, this is an excellent product.

Webbox Chicken Fillets, 100 g, Pack of 15
Webbox Chicken Fillets, 100 g, Pack of 15

5.0 out of 5 stars Irresistible to dogs., 1 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These did not last long with all the dogs in my extended family. They scoffed them up very quickly indeed! Not one of the dogs we gave these to didn't eat them at top speed! This to me, says it all - thoroughly recommended by my dogs!

Tefal Cook4Me Electric Multi Cooker & Delay Start (50 Pre Programmed Recipes) 6L
Offered by Lakeland

5.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps the greatest kitchen invention ever! Absolutely fantastic!, 17 Sep 2014
This is an absolutely amazing invention! I actually cannot express how delighted I am with this brilliant appliance.
Anybody can now cook perfect and delicious meals. I like to cook but can be lazy and tired when I come home from work; this is a complete remedy and it is easier than going for takeaway! It also makes everything be cooked to perfection in a fraction of the time it would normally take to make the same meal on a regular cooker.
The Cook4me can make most food but doesn't seem to cook pasta. There are 50 pre-programmed recipes from a range of starters, mains and desserts. I have tried loads of them including dahl, various soups, curries, sweet n sour pork, Greek lamb, Beef & Ale Casserole, Green Thai chicken curry, Thai spicy pork, and a bread and butter pudding. All of these dishes were cooked to total perfection. The Greek lamb is the nicest lamb I have tasted and melts in the mouth. They are ready in minutes and taste delicious. You do need to thicken some of the sauces with thickening granules though.
As well as the built in recipes, there are also loads of single ingredients you can cook. you weigh your ingredient eg a bit of meat, pop it in, press the weight and ingredient and it cooks it to perfection. I made delicious roast pork that way and stick in potatoes and vegetables all the time.
You can also make your own recipes in this; anything that would go in a slow cooker would work but would cook in about 20 minutes instead of 8 hours. The meat comes out succulent and tender.
I honestly cannot recommend the Tefal Cook4Me enough. It is by far the best kitchen appliance ever invented. I absolutely adore mine and wouldn't be without it now. If you need any advice, contact me and I will try to help - I am so excited about it.

Babies Firsts Coolmax®  Quad-Fold/Folding Travel Cot Mattress 119x59cm
Babies Firsts Coolmax® Quad-Fold/Folding Travel Cot Mattress 119x59cm

5.0 out of 5 stars very portable and comfortable, 14 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a super lightweight mattress that folds very easily. It is lovely and soft and bouncy. It is also easy to carry for travelling but it is just as good to use as a regular mattress. I love the fact that it washes so easily too. It is also safe with breathable fabrics and has passed all the stringent controls.
This is a great buy and I think a necessary buy for your baby and you. This is a fantastic product; it is very well made and very comfy and light.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20