Profile for love reading > Reviews

Content by love reading
Top Reviewer Ranking: 610

love reading "marsy" (Scotland)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Third Wife
The Third Wife
by Lisa Jewell

3.0 out of 5 stars a pleasant enough read but with a feeble plot., 5 July 2015
This review is from: The Third Wife (Paperback)
In my opinion, this was not the page turner that other reviewers claim it to be.
It is well-written and the characterisation was good but I felt the plot was very weak. I was waiting on the revelation of some big secret which when it arrived emtirely failed to wow and was a total anticimax. The theme of selfishness was really too much common knowledge to be dealt with in a novel like this and, therefore, there was no didactic element. I am not trying to say that we should leave all novels having been enlightened in some way but if the plot is weak and the writer is dealing mainly with a theme then it should be more subtle than here.
This was a pleasant enough read but lacked a good story or any depth and I would not rush to read anything else by this writer.

Beiersdorf Eucerin Aquaphor Soothing Skin
Beiersdorf Eucerin Aquaphor Soothing Skin
Offered by Acorn solution

5.0 out of 5 stars I wouldn't be without it., 5 July 2015
I think this is a miracle cream! My family swear by it. It soothes broken skin, spots, the very worst dry skin and eczema. It makes your feet soft and beautiful. It takes pain away from all sorts of skin ailments. My friend's deeply chapped hAnds were cured in days. I could go on and on but suffice to say, I wouldn't be without it.

H2D Magicurl Reverse Waver Hair Curling Wand
H2D Magicurl Reverse Waver Hair Curling Wand

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, natural hair. Amazing product!, 5 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the third H2D product I own and, like the others, it is of exceptional quality.
The problem is I can't seem to work a hair wand. I had to ask my niece to curl my hair with it and actually teach me how to use it. The results on both counts were varied. My hair was gorgeous with loose curls giving a very natural, yourself yet stunning look. The curls lasted for a few days. On the other hand, I still can't quite get the hang of the wand - no fault of the wand but my own clumsiness.
I have had my hair done with the standard conical wand which is tighter and less natural. In my opinion, this is a better look.
This is well made, heats up very quickly, with a long swivel cord and a heat glove all of which makes the process a whole lot easier to manage. I will keep practising to get perfection.

A Song for Issy Bradley
A Song for Issy Bradley
by Carys Bray

4.0 out of 5 stars well written novel that will stay with you for a long time, 4 July 2015
Mormonism, faith in general and the power of family are explored beautifully in this unusual novel. Even though the novel deals with terrible tragedy, it is still full of hope.
The writing is good and the characterisation is so authentic. I loved every member of the family including Iain. I think the book is a stinging indictment of Mormonism although I read somewhere that they have applauded it which was surprising for me. As a christian, it was very close to the bone and I was thoroughly familiar with all the little foibles and idiosyncrasies which can appear self-righteous, or are.
The real power of the novel for me was the strength of family even with the members' imperfections.
This was a stunning piece of writing but perhaps a bit slow for my liking.

Oral-B Stages Vitality Avengers Electric Toothbrush for Kids
Oral-B Stages Vitality Avengers Electric Toothbrush for Kids

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent toothbrush that takes all the stress away and makes it an enjoyable activity for both child and parent, 4 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is an excellent wee toothbrush. It is sturdy and very well made. The charge lasts for ages. The rotation is soft and gentle but effective. The brush head is soft and gentle too but it gets the job done so much more so than regular brushing. This is compounded by the fact that children actually want to brush with this brush because of the character and that it is electric. This has made what was previously a time of contention enjoyable and fun as well as an effective and easy way to ensure your child's teeth are getting the best possible care. Highly recommended.

H2D VI Professional Ionic and Infrared Wide Hair Straighteners
H2D VI Professional Ionic and Infrared Wide Hair Straighteners

5.0 out of 5 stars the best straighteners!, 1 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I use H2D regular straighteners every day and I love them. But these are even better! They have the same amazing features; the infra red technology, the ionic plates neither of which I am fully aware of but know they leave my hair soft and Sony. These give the same super fast heat up and the very easy to control digital heat panel. The wide panel is amazing and straightens my very thick curly hair effortlessly. They are also fantastic for root lifting and giving loads of body and volume because the panel is so wide. What I love more than anything though is that my hair is straight the next day and that never happens. These are fantastic straighteners and the best I have used and I have used most of the expensive brands. I love them and thoroughly recommend them.

WOW Toys Birthday Countdown Calendar
WOW Toys Birthday Countdown Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous idea, 27 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a fabulous idea just like an advent calendar for birthdays. My great niece is nearly 2 and she loved it but was too young to understand the concept so we opened all the boxes on the same night! Even doing that it was very exciting for her.
The wee toys themselves are great and well made. And they all make up a little birthday party. The box also included activities for each day. Again these were great but maybe a bit advanced for the ages specified ie. 1-5.
This is a fantastic gift for a child leading up to their birthday and I highly recommend this.

skinChemists Bee Venom Facial Serum 30 ml
skinChemists Bee Venom Facial Serum 30 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars tightens skin but is it worth it?, 27 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This certainly tightens the face which is especially good for me as my skin can be quite puffy in the morning. I don't know if it is a bit drying though and a rich moisturiser is needed on top. Be careful not to put round eye area as it stung like mad on me. It is also expensive and I am unsure if it is worth the cost.

AmazonBasics Premium 16-Piece Classic White Dinnerware Set, Square, Service for 4

5.0 out of 5 stars nothing basic about it!, 21 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is an excellent dinner set which is perfect as a wedding/engagement gift and for anybody needing new crockery.
It is very modern with the square shape and the plain white and looks great on the table. Food looks attractive on the plates. They are a good size as are the bowls and smaller plates which are perfect for snacks or small meals. It is very elegant and delicate and finely made. There is nothing basic about this set even although it is part of the AmazonBasics range; infact, it is quite luxurious.
I highly recommend this dinnerware set.

Igenix Baby Oil Filled Radiator with 3 Heat Settings, 500 W, White
Igenix Baby Oil Filled Radiator with 3 Heat Settings, 500 W, White
Offered by mopodo-uk

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't generate much heat but lightweight and compact, 20 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a handy wee heater that is lightweight and, therefore, very portable. The problem for me though is that it doesn't generate much heat. My living room is quite small and we have been using it these cold June nights with not much difference other than taking the chill out the air. I can't imagine that this would be much use in winter. It is ideal for a caravan or a small bedroom but that would be all. I do love that it is small and doesn't take up much room. The baby oil isn't overpowering but there is a nice freshness in the room when it is on. Be careful that you buy this for use only in a small room.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20