Profile for love reading > Reviews

Content by love reading
Top Reviewer Ranking: 571

love reading "marsy" (Scotland)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
TensCare Perfect Tens
TensCare Perfect Tens

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for repetitive strain., 1 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This TensCare Perfect Tens is very effective with muscle pain. I have a repetitive strain injury and this is really helping it. It has also helped my husband's muscular pain in his back. You can feel it actually stimulating and working the muscles.
t is also very unobtrusive to wear and you can walk about with it to get full benefit.
This is very simple to use as the manual explains everything thoroughly and clearly and even without the manual, the pre-set programmes are easy to work out. It is also easy to apply to the skin but the big problem for me is that after a few uses the pads lose their stickiness and fall off.
It comes with batteries which is great so you don't need to charge it up.
Overall, I didn't like that it loses its adhesion but I love the pain relief it has given me. I am sure this will be a great seller due to the amount of people suffering from RSI due to the use of mobile phones, tablets and computers. This really helps with this and bring great relief.

The Girl on the Train
The Girl on the Train

5.0 out of 5 stars Very gripping, 1 Mar. 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed this book.
It is a very easy read and very gripping. The plot has a lot of twists although I had guessed the main twist quite early on.
I loved the main character of Rachel and thought she was very realistic and well drawn, although i found her actions very frustrating. The other females are all quite unlikeable but equally well drawn.
This is very similar to Gone Girl and that style of thriller, so if you like that, you should really enjoy this.

Braun Silk Epil 7 7561 Wet/Dry Cordless Epilator with 5 Attachments
Braun Silk Epil 7 7561 Wet/Dry Cordless Epilator with 5 Attachments

5.0 out of 5 stars The Queen of epilators! This is the one to buy., 28 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is probably the best epilator money can buy. It is fantastic in every way.
The epilator is solid and very easy to use. You charge it in a shaver socket and then it lasts about an hour of use, although they tell you to re-charge after every use.
There are various attachments: the shaver, precision, and economy.
My legs were quite hairy as I hadn't really been bothering too much over the winter, so I shaved them first with the shaver attachment which was very easy to use and pain free, and, to be honest, did a fantastic job. Then I used the main epilator attachment at the high setting. It quickly and painlessly got rid of all hair in a very quick time. To be fair, the pain free experience is probably only because I am used to epilating. I think the pain disappears after about the second time you do it. However, perhaps the best feature of this epilator is that you can use it under water which completely minimises any pain whatsoever.
The results of this epilator are fabulous and the hair takes ages to grow back. I am absolutely delighted with this product and thoroughly recommend it.

Ultrasport Women's Functional Alpine Outdoor Jacket Softshell Snowflake with Ultraflow 8.000, Black, XS
Offered by Ultra24Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly functional and attractive jacket, 20 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is an outstanding ski jacket.
It is very attractive with faux fur hood trim and bold white lines.
It is very easy to wear and is light and very warm, obviously due to all the snow gates and extra lining but I love that it is still light to wear.
The jacket has some excellent features. The hood is removable which is a great as a hood can be uncomfortable when skiing. The snowgates in the wrists and waist prevent snow getting in to the jacket if you fall, ensuring that you remain dry and warm. I particularly love all the pockets; it has a total of 8. The pockets mostly have zips to ensure safety. The pocket on the sleeve is excellent for magnetic ski passes. There is also a very nifty little pocket with a small hole so that you can use it with headphones for your phone or mp3 player.
The jacket is beautifully finish and extremely well made. I am nowhere near an extra small but even at that I would say it is still small made, so be careful about sizing.
Overall, this is a fantastic and very practical, functional and attractive ski jacket, that could be worn on the slopes or in the high street and look great wherever.

Clinique Anti Age Bag Set - 4-Piece Travel Set
Clinique Anti Age Bag Set - 4-Piece Travel Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent products but tiny, 15 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have to be honest and say I was very disappointed by the size of this as it is tiny. It actually looks like a free gift you receive when you buy a few full sized products on a special promotion and, in fact, it probably is. For instance, the foundation is only a sample in a sachet.
However, and it is a big 'however', when I actually used the products I was very impressed by their quality. The eye cream is pure luxury and I have paid huge amounts of money for eye creams that aren't in that much bigger pots. It is really rich and luscious and just what my skin needs in the midst of winter. The foundation is very fair and to be honest not enough for me to last all day; certainly it is very rich and creamy too and glides on to the skin. The coverage was good but not enough of the product. The laser repair serum is beautiful and it definitely does smooth out and fill light wrinkles, but it is a very small tub. The 7 Day scrub is also excellent and although it is exfoliating, it is still lush and creamy, moisturising your skin as it goes. It all comes in a little silver make-up bag which is made of gauze and is lovely.
In my opinion, this is a great way to sample these excellent products but you won't get much use out of them as they are so tiny. The eye cream should last longer though as you only need a tiny drop. All in all, this is a lovely and very effective product but beware that the sizes are very small.

The Murder Bag
The Murder Bag

3.0 out of 5 stars 3 and 1/2 stars from me., 8 Feb. 2015
This review is from: The Murder Bag (Kindle Edition)
I quite enjoyed this book but it was nothing special.
The story was good and it was something of a page-turner but there were too many weaknesses. I have changed the star rating from 3 to 4 and back again as I cant quite make up my mind. The characterisation was weak and none were developed well apart from the hero, Max Wolfe, who was so very clichéd. He was tough but sensitive with the little girl he doted on etc etc etc. He also entered into a form of a relationship that was completely unbelievable to me.
This is ok but I would not rush to read the follow up.

Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner - 5 g, N1 Black
Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner - 5 g, N1 Black

4.0 out of 5 stars This is different but I like it. It draws a smudged line which is ..., 8 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is not my usual eyeliner. I wear thick, glossy defined eyeliner. This is different but I like it. It draws a smudged line which is perfect for the smoky eye look. It is easy to apply and glides on but does not leave a dense line of colour. It is soft on the eye and doesn't drag. There is also a rubber end which you can make it even smudgier (don't think that is a word!) It really is lovely although very different from what I normally use.

Igenix Stainless Steel Catering Urn, 8.8 Litre, 950 Watt
Igenix Stainless Steel Catering Urn, 8.8 Litre, 950 Watt

5.0 out of 5 stars great value and competent urn, 5 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a great urn for the money. It looks good and is super shiney. It is not too tall or bulky considering it holds over 8 litres. I found it quick to heat up too, under an hour and it keeps hot as long as you want. It is very light making it very portable. We use it for a church group where there are not adequate catering facilities for the crowd and it is perfect for any large gathering.
It is also easy to operate as there are just the heat up and the maintain heat to consider. The gauge shows you clearly how much water is in the tank.
Overall, this is perfect for its job and at a very competitive price.

Remington H9096 Silk Rollers
Remington H9096 Silk Rollers

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic results; amazing heated rollers!, 5 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are amazing heated rollers that give fantastic long-lasting results.
They heat up very quickly and retain the heat for a long time. The rollers are easy to use and the hair just glides onto them and the wide clip tightly secures the roller to the hair They are also velvety so again the hair seems to adhere to the roller. The clip fits snugly with the roller so there are no bumps in the curls. I have used the Enrapture rollers which I love too and these are the same except there are more large rollers which is better.
They leave your hair bouncy and curly and the curl stays in. It really does give a great look and they are so easy to do. My hair is medium length and very thick. I can create a nice wave, a tight curl or just add body or volume depending on how I apply them. It is fun and easy to be creative with them.
The box is compact and it is all in one bit without the clips being separate.
These are absolutely fantastic heated rollers and I am sure they will be the best you have tried. I thoroughly recommend them as I love them and the results they give.

Revlon ColorStay Moisture Stain - Parisian Passion
Revlon ColorStay Moisture Stain - Parisian Passion

5.0 out of 5 stars Works but is lovely and soft on the lips, 5 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been looking for a lip stain like this for years. Lipstick stays on me for about 5 minutes, if I'm lucky so this is a godsend. The colour is rich and sophisticated, although personally, it is too dark for me. However, what I really like it that this is a lip stain that feels gorgeous on your lips. The others I have tried are tacky/sticky and feel disgusting on your lips; they also dry them out so I stopped buying them. This glides on and feels smooth but the important thing is that it works. I shall be buying more of these in different colours. Highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20