Profile for love reading > Reviews

Content by love reading
Top Reviewer Ranking: 899

love reading "marsy" (Scotland)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Maybelline Push Up Drama Mascara, Very Black
Maybelline Push Up Drama Mascara, Very Black

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't go wrong with a Maybelline mascara; best value for money and excellent product., 31 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As with all the Maybelline mascaras I have tried, I absolutely love this! It glides on and gives you thick and long lashes in two coats. It doesn't clump and it is very intense black which I love. It comes off easily with eye makeup remover and doesn't rub off without it. To be honest, I wouldn't say it is any more dramatic than the other Maybelline mascaras and think the name 'Push Up' is probably a bit of a gimmick. But that aside, it is excellent and it is every bit as good as, if not much better than the upmarket brands like Dior.
I thoroughly recommend this mascara unless you like a light subtle look.

Revlon Travel Chic Manicure Set
Revlon Travel Chic Manicure Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Great tool and would make an ideal gift., 31 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is an excellent gadget and contains everything you need to shape your nails, buff them and remove hard skin. It is all held together in a neat little case that holds all the attachments.
My only problem is that I find it quite confusing knowing what they are all for and remembering what to use them for but when I get sorted, it really is excellent. It makes a lovely job of your nails and is so much quicker than doing it manually.
This would make a lovely gift but I am keeping mine for myself!

The Bones of You
The Bones of You

3.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for fans of the Lovely Bones, unfortunately not for me., 30 Jan. 2016
This review is from: The Bones of You (Kindle Edition)
This book was not to my taste for a number of reasons. However, I will start with the positives. I think the novel was well written; the writing flowed, was natural and the plot was a page turner. With that in mind, I would certainly consider reading anything else the writer produces.
I didn't enjoy the actual structure of the book with the narrator being the dead girl; it reminded me of the Lovely Bones which most people loved but I hated quite passionately as I found it depressing beyond words. I also found the characters too damaged and again, thoroughly depressing. I also guessed the conclusion long before the end which always disappoints me somewhat.
Overall, this book was not for me but is perfect for fans of the Lovely Bones....

AmazonBasics Poly Cotton Duvet Set with 1 Pillowcase, Single - Candy
AmazonBasics Poly Cotton Duvet Set with 1 Pillowcase, Single - Candy

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly recommended and not basic!, 29 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a lovely bed set. It is very fresh and clean looking. The design would really go with anything as there is an assortment of colours such as yellow, turquoise, egg shell blue and pink ; these would match in with lots of different colour schemes. The material is nice and washes easily with minimum ironing required. I will be ordering more of these for across the bedrooms as they match anything, they are extremely pretty, fresh and they are just excellent value for money. This is an absolutely excellent buy that I cannot fault and they are of an extremely high quality for the price.

Go Stationery Woodland Kraft Pheasant Exercise Book
Go Stationery Woodland Kraft Pheasant Exercise Book

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice jotter but overpriced, in my opinion, 14 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
In my opinion, this is not worth the money. It has very few pages and is, essentially, a jotter. The cover is fairly attractive and the paper quality is excellent but the company's other products are better value for money.

Amy Snow: The Richard & Judy Bestseller
Amy Snow: The Richard & Judy Bestseller

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 10 Jan. 2016
I really loved this book. It was a great story and very well written although perhaps a little drawn out but that just made the pleasure of reading the book last longer.
I loved the characters and the historical detail. It really was a fantastic book and I will be waiting keenly for Tracy Rees next novel.

Go Stationery Art Icons A5 Power To The People Notebook
Go Stationery Art Icons A5 Power To The People Notebook

4.0 out of 5 stars Very high quality notebook with beautiful paper., 10 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very tidy little notebook with a picture of (I think) Che Guevara on the front! The notebook is well bound with a spiral clip and sandwiched between thick plastic type covers. The paper inside is beautiful and of the highest quality. It is lined. This is special to keep notes such as favourites recipes or to use as a journal. I do think for the size of it though it is fairly expensive but it is of the highest quality.

L'Oreal Paris Glam Bronzer - 9 g, Golden Bronze (Number 06)
L'Oreal Paris Glam Bronzer - 9 g, Golden Bronze (Number 06)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very natural bronzer., 9 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a lovely bronzer that is very natural. I personally like it because it doesn't have a shimmer which, although lovely, looks quite fake. This looks like a real sun-kissed look. It goes on lightly with a brush and you can build it up. I have a fairly dark skin and a sweep across my nose and cheeks with a blusher brush does the job perfectly. Perhaps in the summer when I have a real sun-kissed look, I will need to apply more or go a shade darker. It is a lovely golden natural bronzer that I am sure would suit most skin colours.
The packaging is good too. I especially love the fantastic mirror which is concealed underneath the bronzer. The mirror is really clear and very handy. It also stores a dinky wee brush, although I prefer to use a larger blusher brush.
There is also a lot of product for the money. 9g is very generous and so it should last a long time as you only need a little drop.
I recommend this unreservedly.

The Watchers
The Watchers
by Neil Spring

2.0 out of 5 stars Not to my taste, but other readers may well enjoy it, 6 Jan. 2016
This review is from: The Watchers (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Unfortunately, this book is not for me. I found the whole political premise to be dull and confusing. I didn't engage with the main character and I found the supernatural plotlines to be too much. I do realise that this genre will always be far-fetched but, in my opinion, it lacked any credibility and just seemed ridiculous. I did like the religious elements of the novel however, and felt that added an interesting dimension. The actual prose is well-written though and I have heard great things about his other book but, unfortunately this one just didn't work for me as it was too far-fetched.

SoundPEATS M10 in Ear Stereo Metal Earphones, Noise Isolating, Flat Cable, Rich Bass In-ear Headphones with Microphone
Offered by SOUNDSOUL Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent earphones. I love them. Great value!, 6 Jan. 2016
These are absolutely fantastic earphones. They are extremely comfortable in the ear as the ear piece is very cushioned and padded. They are easy to adjust. The cable is long. Most importantly, however, is the sound; it is fantastic! The sound is crystal clear and it is a pure joy to listen to music with these as you hear every single nuance of sound. It totally has changed my experience of listening to music I have been listening to for a long time. These also seem quite sturdy and well made. With a metallic and black finish, they also look great. They are excellent value for money.
I love these earphones, they really are fantastic in every way.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20