Profile for love reading > Reviews

Content by love reading
Top Reviewer Ranking: 595

love reading "marsy" (Scotland)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Revlon PhotoReady Cream Blush -12.4 g
Revlon PhotoReady Cream Blush -12.4 g

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous blusher, 30 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a gorgeous blusher in so many ways.
It goes on like velvet, almost like a mousse and it is very light on the skin.
The colour is divine, without being too much. It gives a very subtle, dewy, youthful glow.
The jar contains loads and should last for ages as you hardly need to apply any.
This is just stunning.

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick, Pink In The Afternoon 4.2 g
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick, Pink In The Afternoon 4.2 g

5.0 out of 5 stars Luscious and beautiful, 26 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is such a beautiful lipstick. It is luscious and glides on the lips leaving them moist and shiny. The colour is subtle and has a dewy look to it. The colour lasts too but not as long as the matte variety as this is a much more subtle and gentle look. I love this lipstick for during the day and it really matches most looks as it is soft and unobtrusive but still gives a fair pop of colour. This lipstick feels so luxurious and good for you. This is really lovely and I will be buying this again as it is an every day wear for me.

Revlon Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick, Really Red 4.2 g
Revlon Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick, Really Red 4.2 g

5.0 out of 5 stars Bold and dramatic, 26 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a really luxurious lipstick. It glides on and because it is matte is lasts and lasts. I love this red which looks much deeper than it is on; it is softer on the lips and more orangey red than it looks in its case. It is bold and very dramatic and very on trend. I thoroughly recommend this lipstick.

Airfix 1:48 Scale Folland Gnat Model Kit
Airfix 1:48 Scale Folland Gnat Model Kit

4.0 out of 5 stars great fun and great value, 23 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am a teacher and I have built this with one of my pupils. He loved it and he will include his review at the end of mine. It was challenging without being too difficult and all the sections were co-ordinated and cross-referenced and although I was a bit confused by this, my pupil seemed to know exactly what he was doing. This took about 3 hours to complete so is good entertainment value for the money.
A feature which I felt let the model down was that we had to find our own sandpaper, glue and paints. Apparently, this is the norm though and model builders are aware of this.
Overall, I was impressed with this kit and recommend it; my pupil will add his review below.

The Catalyst
The Catalyst
by Helena Coggan

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent writing for young people, 23 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Catalyst (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a fantastic book for teens and young adults (and old adults!) It is extremely well-written with excellent language and description. The plot itself is fast and this is a real page-turner and very exciting. The characters seem realistic and are well-drawn. Helena Coggan is an excellent new writer and I shall be looking out for more from her. I am a teacher and I have been reading this book with reluctant teenage readers; they are loving it. I will be encouraging them to write their own reviews here so that you can understand exactly how well this book works with young and reluctant readers. I will add them as they write them. In my opinion, this is a winner and it is making these boys I work with see the pleasures available in reading!

Philips Sonicare HX9351/04 DiamondClean Rechargeable Toothbrush Black
Philips Sonicare HX9351/04 DiamondClean Rechargeable Toothbrush Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Best there is!, 23 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My husband has tried many electric toothbrushes but he says this is undoubtedly the best he has used.
The colour is a sophisticated black and it looks great. The features of the toothbrush are the best on the market. It has no less than 5 cleaning modes which are especially great as he has sensitive teeth and bleeding gums so there are options for these two problems. There is a polish, clean and white, which is amazing for all the tea drinking he does. The polish is the same standard as the dentist gives you which is about £50. The brush is perfect as it is not too hard but totally cleans your teeth and gets in all the wee bits. Your teeth feel amazingly clean after use, much more so than with any other toothbrush he has ever used. Another very handy feature is that it charges from any computer as well as the usual socket. It comes in a smart carry case and is, therefore, excellent for travelling.
My husband loves this toothbrush and he is vehemently claims it is by far the best he has ever used.

Mindfulness For Dummies
Mindfulness For Dummies
by Shamash Alidina

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely excellent resource for understanding and putting into practice a life-changing way to live., 22 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am a big fan of the For Dummies series and own most of the self-improvement issues. As always, the Mindfulness for Dummies is very well laid out and structured. It is broken into short, smart segments within a broader area. The areas covered include, Getting Started, The Benefits, Preparation - motivation and attitudes, Practising Mindfulness, Overcoming Setbacks, Uses of Mindfulness and The Top Ten Tips. Because the book is broken into such short and structured segments, the material is really easy to digest. There are also many practical exercises throughout as well as examples. For me, the best feature of the For Dummies, and this book is no exception, is the simplification of the material, sometimes difficult to understand normally but easy as the language and style of writing makes it easy to take in.

Mindfulness itself is an amazing way to live. It helped me come out of a very difficult period (although I don't always do it at all times!) It is excellent for depression and anxiety and I encourage all to try to adopt this way of living as it will enhance and improve all aspects of your life and that is now a proven scientific fact. Mindfulness for Dummies is perhaps the best way to approach this way of living and I thoroughly recommend this book.

The Judas Scar
The Judas Scar

4.0 out of 5 stars well-written, 13 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Judas Scar (Kindle Edition)
This is a very well written book which I quite enjoyed. I'm afraid I cannot rate it as highly as some of the other reviewers have done though as I found it quite slow and fairly dull until the end. It is similar in genre to Gone Girl, Apple Tree Yard, Before I Go to Sleep etc and it is certainly as well written as any of those. For me, there was too much description of the mundane; for instance, pouring a glass of water and drinking it seems to be described quite a bit throughout. Like the aforementioned books, the characters remain unlikeable and are realistically flawed as well as victims of their circumstances.
On a positive note, the themes of betrayal, bullying and guilt are dealt with in a thought provoking way. The climax is disturbing but not unexpected.
I am glad I read The Judas Scar. I am sure it will do very well but it was not the most engaging of books for me.

Philips HR1855/01 Viva Collection Juicer, 2 Litre, 700 Watt, Black
Philips HR1855/01 Viva Collection Juicer, 2 Litre, 700 Watt, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, no nonsense juicer for a great price., 7 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was told by a good friend who is seriously into juicing not to buy anything that wasn't an expensive masticating juicer as they are seriously second rate. I was, therefore, sceptical about this juicer as it is neither. However, I have been extremely impressed by this Philips Viva and in fact side by side, it is as good, and in many ways better than my friends much more expensive and complicated masticating juicer.
This is easy to use and fairly fast and the best thing about it, in my opinion, and what makes it superior to other juicers, is its ease of cleaning. That has what has always put me off in the past as they as so fiddly and difficult to clean. Not so with this, it is easy.
It is also uncomplicated which I love as other juicers have so many parts to them. This is so easy to assemble and to take apart to clean.
The juicing itself is first rate. The pulp left is dry so there is no wastage and it is also fairly quick to go through although the fruit has to be in quite small chunks to go through at the optimum rate. The juice itself is obviously delicious and I am looking forward to summer when I will use it even more, although we have still been using it every day to make some delicious recipes. I recommend Jason Vale's books as they are full of great ideas and plans if you want to use juice as your sole source of food for weightloss and health. However, there are many recipes for juices online and it is fun to be creative with your own.
As with all Philips products I have, this juicer is well made and sturdy and it is excellent value for money.
I love this juicer and I thoroughly recommend it in every way.

Perry's 5 (FYI: Fiction with Stacks of Facts)
Perry's 5 (FYI: Fiction with Stacks of Facts)
by Gareth P. Jones

4.0 out of 5 stars Got me to enjoy reading (Jordan Aged 13), 7 Jan. 2015
Barrington Stoke titles are the best for engaging reluctant teenage readers, in my opinion. I am a teacher in a secondary school. Here is a review from one of my pupils. Perry's 5 is an excellent choice.

Book Review by Jordan Chalmers, Aged 13.
Perry’s 5 by Gareth P. Jones
I really recommend this book because all of the characters seemed realistic. The language the writer used was not non-fiction it was chatty, realistic and to appeal to teenagers. I liked where it was set as it was in a high school. I enjoyed the story because the events seemed like they could actually happen and I like that the bad guy got what he deserved. I think you should buy this book because it’s brilliant for teenagers who started to like reading.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20