Profile for Melanie > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Vale Valhalla
Vale Valhalla
by Joy Chambers

5.0 out of 5 stars The third book that I have read by this wonderful author. Really enjoyed the historical elements to the ..., 29 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Vale Valhalla (Paperback)
The third book that I have read by this wonderful author. Really enjoyed the historical elements to the book, fantastic characters, great epic story. Highly recommended.

Mayfield
Mayfield

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read!, 7 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Mayfield (Kindle Edition)
This is a blockbuster epic novel. If you love family sagas then this book is for you. Very enlightening historical facts add to the depth of the story. Having finished this book I have now ordered two other books by Joy Chambers. Her books are lengthy and would be great as a holiday read. Highly recommended.

White Gardenia
White Gardenia

5.0 out of 5 stars ... several books written by this author and I have enjoyed them all immensely, 2 Feb. 2015
This review is from: White Gardenia (Kindle Edition)
I have read several books written by this author and I have enjoyed them all immensely. For those who enjoy family sagas then this is for you. very enjoyable.

The Seven Sisters (Seven Sisters 1)
The Seven Sisters (Seven Sisters 1)
by Lucinda Riley

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, wonderful, 16 Dec. 2014
Amazing, wonderful, an incredible achievement!

I am a huge Lucinda Riley fan and have read all of her books. To my mind this is by far the best. I agree with a previous reviewer that this book transcends to another level. I read it in 2 days and am now bereft, I can't believe I will have to wait until end 2015 for the next book. The astronomical/mythical elements to the series certainly add another really interesting and educational level to the series. Once again thank you to writers such as Lucinda who bring such joy and pleasure to her readers. This would make a great Christmas present for anyone who loves family sagas.

Pack-Away Bucket Colour: Red
Pack-Away Bucket Colour: Red
Offered by The Friendly Lifestyle Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 Nov. 2014
Great, very handy and practical for a caravan, small spaces.

The Truth about the Harry Quebert Affair
The Truth about the Harry Quebert Affair

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Genious!, 20 Oct. 2014
I have been completely blown away by this book! I absolutely loved it. I see it has mixed reviews but I would urge you to read it. It is a complex, long novel but so rich in content. My partner has been abandoned all weekend whilst I locked myself away unable to put the book down. This book for me was pure GENIOUS. The translation for me worked well. Brilliant read that I highly recommend.

The Shadow Line [DVD]
The Shadow Line [DVD]
Dvd ~ Chiwetel Ejiofor

5.0 out of 5 stars Fans of Line of Duty will love this. Very good indeed., 21 May 2014
This review is from: The Shadow Line [DVD] (DVD)
Brilliant story line and fantastic acting! Surprising conclusion. Gripping. Hope that there is a follow up. Highly recommended. Be warned contains violence

Apple Tree Yard
Apple Tree Yard
by Louise Doughty

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it!, 13 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Apple Tree Yard (Paperback)
This book was recommended at my local Book shop. It is not the type of book I would normally read but I have to say I was hooked immediately! I finished the book in a day unable to put it down. I don't often give 5 stars and I don't write many reviews! The story is mainly told by the lead female character and works well. I won't repeat the storylines as that is evident from the reviews below. Don't be put off by the negative reviews and give it a go. I hope that you won't be disappointed. I recommend it!

Gardens of the National Trust
Gardens of the National Trust
by Stephen Lacey

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful coffee table book, 16 Oct. 2013
Wonderful photographs. Bought this for a friend in Finland who loves our English gardens and it did not disappoint. Great choice

White Collar - Season 2 [DVD] [NTSC]
White Collar - Season 2 [DVD] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Matthew Bomer

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, brilliant!, 16 Oct. 2013
I bought this after watching Suits and actually I thought it was even better! Have now watched all 3 series on DVD and feel bereft and in mourning it is brilliant you cannot but love the characters. Buy now!

Page: 1 | 2