Profile for Jefferson Moreira > Reviews

Content by Jefferson Moreira

Jefferson Moreira "Jeff" (London, UK)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good!, 15 Feb 2013
It's quite big, it's colourful and easy to stick on the wall.

It arrive well packaged and the stickers are very good.

My daughter loves them!

Mini joystick for touchscreen phones
Mini joystick for touchscreen phones
Offered by Friendly Badger
Price: 5.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite nice..., 15 Feb 2013
I've bought it exclusively to play emulator on Android and I must say that it is quite nice to play and way cheaper than getting a controller, also it much more portable as you can carry it in your pocket.

You, obviously, have to get used to use it, at the beginning you might struggle a bit but after a while you will be playing the games like a pro!

Wall Stickers Kids/Nursery/Boys/Children Room Decals Mickey and Minnie Mouse
Wall Stickers Kids/Nursery/Boys/Children Room Decals Mickey and Minnie Mouse

3.0 out of 5 stars Stickers are very nice but..., 15 Feb 2013
I hope they would be a bit bigger...

They look and stick very nice on the wall but they are very small so we had to stick them next to the our daughter bed.

If you are planning to buy to stick it far away from the bed or high on the wall don't buy 'cos you won't see it.

New Retro iPHONE 4G Cassette Tape Case Cover WHITE By V Direct Accessories
New Retro iPHONE 4G Cassette Tape Case Cover WHITE By V Direct Accessories

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks cool but..., 8 Aug 2011
The case looks very cool and the quality of the product is very good but you cannot charge your iPhone if you don't remove the case!

Would be ask too much to make a hole for the charger? it wouldn't make any difference.

I can see that soon enough the case will rip apart due to the process of removing and putting back the case...

Shame, could be 5 stars product.

LG Optimus 3D P920 Sim Free Touch Screen Android Mobile Phone - Black
LG Optimus 3D P920 Sim Free Touch Screen Android Mobile Phone - Black
Offered by George and Freddie
Price: 292.80

4.0 out of 5 stars From iPhone user..., 12 July 2011
I have to say that I was an iPhone user since its first generation but I wasn't happy anymore with Apple's OS (iOS) so I decided to go to Android OS.
So I chose the LG Optimus 3D and couldn't be happier now!

Let's start talking about what you are going to get:

- Screen: it's big and it makes easier to watch videos or play games, the resolution is also very good and I don't have any problems while reading pages on internet (I recommend you to get the Dolphin browser from the market). Everything is very clear and crisp and the colours are vibrant. This screen gives more pleasure while watching or playing a game than on the iPhone 4 that I had, seriously, Apple has to do something regarding the next iPhone screen because, in this case, size matters.

- Battery life: well, here is the thing, the LG Optimus 3D has a very powerful spec and in addition to that it has two cameras on the back to record videos in 3D so, obviously, if you use it a lot you battery will not last long. I usually use my phone when I'm on the train to go to work, on my break and going back home so the battery is less than half which means I have to recharge it every night. While using it I'm always listening music and either playing a game or surfing on the internet.
Charge the mobile phone every night it's not a problem for me but might be a problem for some people...

- Sound quality: the speakers are very good. I can hear the call clearly even in a noise environment. Something that I have noticed is while listing music with headphones you can clearly hear the sound coming from the left and right sides of your headphone, this is something that didn't happen with my iPhone 4 or, at least, it wasn't noticeable.

- 3D: the 3D in my opinion is better than the one offered on the Nintendo 3DS, the sense of depth is very good and the 3D is clear. You can adjust the 3D using a bar that appears on the screen. Also the right position to be able to see in 3D (sweet spot) is quite good, I can use it while on the train and even with the shacking I'm still able to see the 3D effect.
One thing that I notice though is that after playing a while you do feel fatigue but that is not a problem of the mobile phone, it's something that happens with 3D in general.
The phone will come with NOVA 3D installed and Asphalt 6 and Let's Golf 2 are pre-installed so you have to download the game when you try to play it.
There is also an interactive Gulliver's Travels book that it's pretty cool and I hope more books like that will be available! The weird thing here is that it's a book but it's under the 3D games section.

- Android: this system was the main reason that made me leave the iPhone. I wanted an OS that could let me customise my own phone the way I wanted. This is not possible with iOS and those "dead tiles" are not interesting. On Android you have the famous widgets, basically, they are live apps that are very helpful. For example you don't need to open the weather time to know the weather, the widget is there, live, an tells you the current weather situation or you don't need to open the facebook app to check the updates on this phone you have a native widget where you can easily see the updates at all times!
On Android you also have a real multi-task where you can open lots of app and they will keep running until you close them, this might be tricky though `cos you might open a lot of apps and it might influence your phone performance.
Something very cool is the live wallpaper! These wallpapers are animated and you can choose a range of them (i.e. Matrix effect, fish tank etc) on the market.
The OS is very good and easy to use and it gives you the option to download apps from your computer straight to your mobile phone so you don't have to have your phone all the time to download apps, you can do that using any computer.
Many apps from App store you will find on Android Market for free!! and the market is as good as the App store.
The phone comes with Android Froyo which is not the newest one, but LG has promised that it's going to update the system very soon!

- LG Optimus 3D handset: it's well built and doesn't look cheap. The quality of the materials are nice and the phone is not as big as you might read in some reviews about the phone. It's definitely bigger than the slim Galaxy S2, but it's not a brick monster. The size is good if you think about that it has two cameras on the back.
The phone is also very, very fast I didn't have any problem with lag or crashes so far. Even when I've just got the phone and started to download apps like crazy it didn't got slow! It's amazing really!
The handset comes with 8GB internal memory, so it's already a good start and you can add on the top of that a micro SD card up to 32GB! Plenty of space for sure!

- Camera: as I mentioned above, the phone has two cameras of 5MP on the back with a LED Flash between them and a front camera for video calls. Recording videos in 2D can be done with a resolution of 1080p and 3D videos up to 720p. Both have a fantastic quality and so are the pictures that you can take.
Basically you can play around with 2 and 3D while taking photos or recording videos and everything is very simple to use, there is absolutely no complications and again you have a side bar where you can adjust the 3D effect to more or less.

- "The Weird Things": there are few weird things on the phone that irritates me some times. Usually when you press the sleep button on the top the phone, it takes a while to light up the screen, not something horrible, it takes a bit more time than the iPhone 4 that I was used to have.

Another thing, the keyboard might need a calibration, sometimes you typing a txt message or dialing a number, you might see that everything appears twice so it's very sensible. Apparently there is no option to calibrate the sensitivity and I found that if you restart the phone this problem will get sorted.
The buttons menu, home, back and search only switch on their light when you press it which is a bit weird, especially if are in a dark place and cannot see the button without pressing them.

- Tips: careful with apps like Task Killer (used to close apps that you are not using), this kind of app can close your Alarm Clock app and you might miss the time to wake up in the morning.
While using a app use the button menu to see options for that application, usually the app will not show you any option on its main screen and if you want to check the settings for example, you have to press the menu button and this button is physical and every android phone has. I didn't know that the menu button had that purpose on Apple's iOS it's complete different.
A good idea is the back button, very useful and Apple should copy that just like they did with many functions from Android.

All in all it's a great handset with few weird things that might irritate you but I don't regret changing my phone and OS.

Would recommend this handset to anyone!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 14, 2011 11:32 AM BST

GreyMobiles SCREEN/LCD SCRATCH PROTECTOR For LG Optimus 3D P920 (PACK OF 5)
GreyMobiles SCREEN/LCD SCRATCH PROTECTOR For LG Optimus 3D P920 (PACK OF 5)

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong design, 10 July 2011
I'm not sure if it was the item that I have received is going to be the same for everybody but my had a design problem.
The little gap on the top of the protector should be on the right side to keep the camera and proximity sensor uncovered, my problem was that the covers that I received had the gap on the top on the left side, which means it would cover the sensor and camera.

At first I though I was doing something wrong, but after wasting 3 protector covers and "re-use" them just to check what I was doing wrong I realised that I wasn't wrong. My "solution" was to cut the shape for the camera/sensor on the side that it should be in order to apply the protector. It worked but doesn't look as good as it should be.

Apart from that I have to say that the quality of the protector is good, it's easy to apply and doesn't block the 3D effect at all!

One star only because of the wrong design that can be sorted so you might have no problems with it.

X-Men: First Class (DVD + Digital Copy)
X-Men: First Class (DVD + Digital Copy)
Dvd ~ James McAvoy
Price: 4.93

4.0 out of 5 stars CAREFUL REVIEW WITH SPOILERS, 6 Jun 2011
My review does have spoilers so if you did not watch the film do not read it!

First of all the X-Men "First Class" doesn't have much of "first class", that bit of the film it's not the main story, the main story is about Xavier and Magneto/Eric, the first class is not even the secondary story, the secondary is about the war.
So you won't see much of the first students, not that it's a problem, they are not even the original team from the HQs, so I guess the X-men fans won't get so mad!

Xavier and Magneto are fantastic in this film, they steal every scene and the drama between them is also nice, the actors really did a good job here!
The villain (Kevin Bacon) doesn't stay behind and also delivers a good performance. The rest of the cast are okay, they just do their jobs and that's it.

I really liked this film and I think it's the best of all X-Men films but, there is still some points that are kind of annoying.

I didn't like to much the fact that the film changes the locations all the time, every new scene they are in a different country! It's unbelievable! Seriously, if you blink for some reason longer than 5 seconds you will be lost in the film already, because they will be in a different place and you will never know how that happened!
Just to list some places that they visit in two hours of film: USA, Cuba, UK, Russia, Switzerland and Poland.
And they go back and forth in these countries several times! They travel more than James Bond!

Chronologic it has several mistakes...

If I'm not wrong in the end of Wolverine's film; we can see Xavier walking and bald, the same in X3 when they visit Jean in her house when she is young but here, in First Class, he is shown already in a wheelchair and with hair. That can't be possible because FC comes before the other two films that I have mentioned.
Also, Beast is shown on X2 film on the TV screen and he is in his human form so in FC he couldn't be transformed.
Emma Frost can be seen in Wolverine's film as a teenager but here she is shown much older and , again, FC comes before Wolverine.
Alex Summers is Scott Summer's (Cyclops) brother but in the HQs he is Scott's younger brother not older.
Even though Mystic lives with Xavier for many years in the original X-Men films she seems not have any kind of connections with him.
Moira appears in X3 (pos credits scene) with more or less the same age as she is in this film so, basically, she didn't get older even though she is not a mutant.
It's been said more than once in the X-Men original trilogy that Magneto helped to construct/create/design the Cerebro, here we see that the Beast is the one that did everything!

Well, these are few of the mistakes that they made and didn't try to correct it.

Also what annoyed me a lot is the fact that Mystic keeps changing her mind, she is in love with Xavier, after with Beast and then with Magneto. In the end of the film when she decides to go with Magneto it's also strange...she spent a good part of her life with Xavier and leaves him in a moment that he needs help? He's just got shot for Christ sake! Take him to the hospital and check if he will be fine and then go whatever you want to!

Anyway, as I said even with some problems the film is in my opinion the best of them all and it's worth to watch. If you are a diehard fan you might want to scream after the end but I reckon that you will be less upset than when you watched Wolverine (rubbish film).
BTW you can see the young Storm and I think that the boy with glasses and holding a baseball ball is Cyclops (you can try to find them when Xavier is using the Cerebro).
Wolverine also has a very funny cameo!
4 stars if you ignore all the mistakes and 3 stars if you don't ignore it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 26, 2011 6:20 PM BST

Samsung HT-C453N 5.1 500W DVD Home Cinema System with 2 x Tallboy Speakers
Samsung HT-C453N 5.1 500W DVD Home Cinema System with 2 x Tallboy Speakers

4.0 out of 5 stars WoW, 3 Jun 2011
I must say that when talking about home cinema systems I don't have much experience but as far as my ears can hear the sound of kit is very, very good!
I've never had a home cinema before and the ones that I have tried were from electronic stores so I cannot guarantee that the sound it's perfect on this unit but as I mentioned before, for someone without experience on home cinemas this one has a great sound and price!

I'm used to normal speakers and when watching a film using the system the difference is unbelievable! Every sound is clear and when you put de volume up, wow, I reckon it will be the closest experience that you will have out of the cinema!

The upscaling is very nice but in my opinion it's still not as good as blu-rays, for our own luck we have the option to use a USB so you can plug you external hard disk/memory stick and you can watch your own HD films, the mobile phone HD videos are perfect for it!

Few things that you should know is that in the box you will have only the video cable (yellow colour), the radio cable - I didn't use it buy I guess it's for you to be able to listen FM radio - and all the wiring for the speakers.

So, basically, they do a nice advertisement on Amazon saying things about the HDMI connection but the cable is not included, also, I have seen another review saying that the kit didn't come with the screws, well, mine didn't come with it either and I have looked the whole packaging from inside out more than once and couldn't find it, so I had to run to a shop to get them, not very nice really.

To setup the whole thing it's a piece of cake, the wires for the speakers have colours so it's very easy to do it.

So everything works fine with the DVD player but I also want to use the home cinema speakers instead of my TV speakers (I have a Samsung PS50C450) I have bought the audio cable (red/white) and configured the DVD as AUX but no luck, the sound from the TV is still coming from the TV speakers.

Now I bought the HDMI cable and a Digital Optical Cable, these two I'm still waiting to arrive so I haven't tried them it and they are my last hope to listen TV from the home cinema speakers. Does anyone know how to set it up? Any advice will be good!

All in all is a very nice home cinema and I would recommend it!

Marvel vs Capcom 3 (Xbox 360)
Marvel vs Capcom 3 (Xbox 360)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing fighting game!, 20 Feb 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Playing the game for two days now I can say that I'm loving it! at the moment I'm ONLY playing the off line mode, so this review is based on that option.

The game changed again in some aspects. The first MvC had 3 punches and 3 kicks, the second MvC had 2 punches and kicks and one of the punches/kicks had the function to be the Low and Medium button.

Now, in MvC3, you have Low, Medium, Heavy Attacks and a Special Attack. It's a bit weird to play at the beginning. If you had played the other games before you will have to learn how to play this one again but I must say that it's not hard to get back on track again if you are familiar with all the crazy stuff that you can do.

Also you have got a lot of new characters to choose, so you are unlikely to have the same team from the other MvCs.
I must say that I do miss some characters like: Venom, Gambit, Silver Samurai, Cyclops, the heavy Thanos, Omega Red, Captain Commando and many other cool ones that are not around anymore.

But you have a lot of cool new ones to choose, my team now is Dante, X-23 and I'm still picking the third one, but those two are very nice to play if you are a fast type of gamer.
One character that might let you down is Thor, he is slow, perhaps even more than Hulk and Sentinel! such a shame 'cos he really looks nice...

MvC3 has also characters to unlock and to do so you have to earn points while you are playing, the first one to unlock is Akuma followed by: Sentinel, Hsien-Ko (from Darkstalkers) and finally Taskmaster.
From these characters I liked Akuma and Hsien-Ko most, they are really cool to play and to create combos with them is just fun!

Graphically speaking, the game looks beautiful and the backgrounds/stages are really well made, specially the one based on the game Ghouls and Ghosts.
The game has a mode for beginners as well but I haven't used it so I cannot say anything about.

Galactus is the final boss and he is kind hard to defeat in the Medium mode that I play, but I guess it's just a matter of time to get used to him, once you know his weakness it's going to be easy :]

All in all it's a great return for MvC series and a must buy if you are fan and like fighting games!!

Diesel DZ9030 Gents Black Label Analogue Black Leather Strap Watch
Diesel DZ9030 Gents Black Label Analogue Black Leather Strap Watch

3.0 out of 5 stars Strap ripped!, 3 May 2010
Hi,
This watch is one thing that I've been looking for a long time ago, and I kept holding myself not to buy 'cos I've already have two others watches.
But, I couldn't resist any more so I decided to buy it.
My first surprise when I got the item was the strap falling a part 'cos the "glue" wasn't holding it together with the watch, but, I managed to fix it using super glue and so far it's okay.

That's is the only reason I'm giving a 3 stars to this watch, otherwise would be 5! the watch is beautiful and people look at it and say "Nice watch", when going out it really helps boost your presence among others watches =]