Profile for vk > Reviews

Needle Painting Embroidery: Fresh Ideas For Beginners
Needle Painting Embroidery: Fresh Ideas For Beginners
by Trish Burr

4.0 out of 5 stars discovering needle painting embroidery, 5 Nov. 2011
This book caught my eye in my local library. Having borrowed it I knew I would have to buy the book and learn the technique of needle painting. I was impressed by the clear guidelines and the choice of different levels that as a beginner I could attempt.

I have embroidered a few of the designs from the book and have surprised myself that as a beginner I have done better that I thought I would and have gone on to level 3. Family and friends have been impressed and I even had requests for me to do some of the designs for them.

The only problem I came across was when involved in one of the designs I found that the stitch diagram differed from the photograph which was confusing. Despite this small hiccup which I overcame I would certainly recommend this book for anyone who is interested in learning an exciting way of presenting embroidery designs.

I cant wait for her new book 'Colour Confidence in Embroidery' out March 31st 2012