Profile for M. McDermott > Reviews

Content by M. McDermott

M. McDermott "McBishop" (Frenelum Way)

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fat Gripz indeed..., 27 Feb 2013
I could, of course, make all kind kinds of lewd remarks about how I already have an all natural fat grip of my own, but that would be juvenile. I do though.

Anyway, these things do place an intense demand on increased grip during pulling motions, you can really feel it in the forearms, in a good way. I used them on the sets moving up to the heavier working sets, having to remove them as my grip was going, in order to fully work the targeted muscle groups. My weak points were really highlighted.

My primary reason for purchase was to strengthen grip and alleviate tendonitis, which is working well so far. The cost of these is roughly one trip to the physio.

In short, I thoroughly recommend these to anybody looking for grip strengthening or perhaps overcoming plateaus in training.

A good buy and delivery was really quick too.

Tampax Compak Tampons Fresh Super Absorbancy x 20
Tampax Compak Tampons Fresh Super Absorbancy x 20

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning!, 26 Feb 2013
I thought I was smart, thought I had hit upon a novel solution to an age old problem.

I was wrong.

These DO NOT contain diarrhea!

I found out the hard way, don't make my mistake. Please.

I am now barred from my local swimming pool.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 27, 2014 1:33 PM GMT

Hand Chalk Block Magic - 50g/2oz block
Hand Chalk Block Magic - 50g/2oz block
Offered by Crux Adventure

5.0 out of 5 stars Chalk, 26 Feb 2013
This is chalk. You rub it on your hands to grip stuff better. If you really need to read a review on chalk you need to have a word with yourself. Now, stop reading this and go lift something.

Remington - Professional Nose and Ear Clipper
Remington - Professional Nose and Ear Clipper

5.0 out of 5 stars My nose whistles less now..., 26 Feb 2013
I suppose it had been creeping up on me for years, the inevitable, the shame. The subject of many a stand up routine.

As hair decides to disappear from the top of my head, like a retreating follicular army, it has reappeared in the most unfortunate of places, waging guerrilla warfare in my ears, nose and eyebrows. This could not go on. I could not become the man at the bus stop/post office queue/waiting room etc with bushy ears and mucus abseiling from his nose like SAS snotters storming the Iranian Embassy. Not me.

I had to take proactive measures - make a decision.

So I opted for these Remington bad boys and I am glad I did. The attachments are easy to change and seem sturdy enough, good quality. The round one it seems is for shoving up your nose (which reminded me of the implant removal device in Total Recall, but less painful) or in your ear, which is comfortable and sounds like it's getting the job done (I can't see in my ears). The straight attachment did the business tidily and easily on the old nostrils and eyebrows. No problem.

What they don't tell you is that it an also be used to trim the odd dangleberry etc. This is important as I had real trouble getting my Black & Decker hedgetrimmer into the ensuite to tackle that issue - not now! No buttock lacerations for me and my pants fit better!

The inclusion of the battery is a nice touch.

Bottom line is I would definitely recommend these to fellow gents of a certain age.

P.S. And old ladies to trim their wart hair. Or anyone on Embarrassing Bodies.

Everything You Need to Know About Fat Loss
Everything You Need to Know About Fat Loss
by Chris Aceto

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, informative... just implement for results., 17 Jan 2013
I came across this book on Rob Riches twitter account, where it was referenced. If you don't know who Rob Riches is, he is a fitness model, the kinda guy you see on the cover of Men's Health magazine etc. It is often said that no-one knows more about fat loss than bodybuilders, but you don't have to be a gym member to benefit from reading. This book is written in an easy to understand style, giving enough detail, but not too much medical jargon as to be confusing. The theory makes sense as the penny drops about how your body processes fuel.

Whether you are training and want to cut, or just want to lose bodyfat, this book offers the detailed information to help make the right food choices without gimmicks or false promises. Reinforcing that fad diets do not work longterm, this is for sustained, consistent fat loss at a steady rate.

No book an offer a quick fix, but the more you know about how your body works, the more efficient I hope to continue losing fat.

A work in progress for me, willpower required.

In short, I found this book very helpful.

Agent Zigzag: The True Wartime Story of Eddie Chapman: The Most Notorious Double Agent of World War II
by Ben Macintyre

4.0 out of 5 stars I thought it was about muppets..., 17 Jan 2013
Firstly, I was relieved that our wartime fate did not lie in the hands of the Big Breakfast muppets, because that would have been ridiculous. However, this Chapman character's real life story isn't much more incredulous! This is one of those books that is harder to put down than Rasputin or Glue Monthly magazine in an anti gravity chamber. What a life this guy lead, and what a tale. The tricks and misinformation pulled by the secret services detailed in this book were incredible, I wish History lessons in school covered this kind of stuff.

An absorbing, entertaining and very interesting read.

AB Sling With Hook [Misc.]
AB Sling With Hook [Misc.]
Offered by NWS SPORTS

5.0 out of 5 stars Sling yer Hook, 27 Dec 2012
This review is from: AB Sling With Hook [Misc.] (Misc.)
These things are great, well made and make ab work simple, allowing leg raises etc. to be done with isolation and keeping the upper body steady. A great buy.

Two (2) X Energizer CR1620 Lithium Coin Cell Battery 3v Blister Packed
Two (2) X Energizer CR1620 Lithium Coin Cell Battery 3v Blister Packed
Offered by Sivitec_Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Assault and Battery, 27 Dec 2012
The old key fob batteries were running low, my temper was running high. Everybody knows that when this happens the solution if to crush the button with every fibre of your being until you can get into the car, common knowledge. Alternatively, you can buy new batteries for the fob, which, after losing a thumb nail and receiving a caution for screaming seasoned unpleasantries at my car, seemed the sensible option. I can now shelter from the rain and engage in nocturnal dogging activities with consumate ease. Good batteries.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 20, 2013 5:34 PM GMT

Panasonic Retro Monitor Over-Ear Headphones for iPod, iPhone, MP3 and Smartphone - Red
Offered by Amy`s Schätze

3.0 out of 5 stars My friend Noddy, 14 Dec 2012
I have what some people would call "Elephant ears" - huge. In-ear phones seem to get caught in my unfortunate amounts of unsightly ear hair, it can really get me down. I was lamenting my single status last week whilst watching Enter the Dragon, when an idea struck me - Jim Kelly really pulls those oversized headphones off! So I looked up a few sets and compared prices, these jumped out at me, retro style (just like Jim's) large, and cool. Reasonable too, because truth be told I don't even really like music that much. I just wanted to hide my big ears. So, after folding my ear lobes in to fit, I can now walk the streets without shame or embarrassment, pretending to listen to urban beats whilst really listening to audiobooks. I am sure some passers by assume I am a footballer en route to a big match. Respect. These are quite light and even after prolonged listening aren't fatiguing, bass response could be a little better, but I suppose Dr Dre has to justify the cost of his headphones somehow. Worth a bash.

Hyundai 3.5 Litre Dual Deep Fat Fryer, Set of 2
Hyundai 3.5 Litre Dual Deep Fat Fryer, Set of 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Gluttons, 9 Dec 2012
I have a BIG family. By that I mean there are four of us but with a collective mass of 127 stone. This fryer is a Godsend, no more standing frying our meals in laborious batches, we can eat ourselves into a stupor in one sitting (anything to save effort). This fryer heats reasonably quickly and is easy to clean, if I felt like it. Huge batches of chips, chicken, fish or anything else I can cram into it are done to perfection, which to me means fried in lard. A good fryer, though my silly doctor thinks I should have bought a steamer!

Page: 1 | 2