Profile for Gerald Carter > Reviews

Content by Gerald Carter

Gerald Carter "lolcar" (Baltimore, MD USA)

The Life And Loves Of A She-Devil - Complete Series [1986] [DVD]
The Life And Loves Of A She-Devil - Complete Series [1986] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dennis Waterman
Offered by Revival Books Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Why isn't this available on DVD in the U.S.?, 18 Oct. 2004
I have a very old VHS copy (on 6 hour speed no less) that is almost worn out and on the verge of breaking. This is one of the most biting and satirical stories I have ever seen (and read). Turned into a Fay Weldon fan after seeing this but might not have if I had only seen the U.S. movie version with Roseanne Barr and Meryl Streep. What a waste of money and peoples time. I have been dying for a crystal clear copy of this since I first tapped it before we got cable in my neighborhood. Had to settle for an extremely fuzzy copy of this and am hoping that it will be available on DVD in the U.S. soon. I am a guy and considering what the book/series/movie is about, I still think it an absolutely amazing piece of work. Well worth the money.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 19, 2008 7:22 PM BST

Nobody True
Nobody True
by James Herbert

5.0 out of 5 stars Help for American readers?, 21 Oct. 2003
This review is from: Nobody True (Hardcover)
Any chance "Nobody True" will be released in the U.S. soon (or at all)? Would order from amazon.uk but don't know exchange rate. Could you give me an estimate?
I have been a major, major fan of James Herbert since 1983 when I visited England, Scotland and Wales for about 21 days. Bought everything that I could get my hands on at the time and have kept an eagle eye out for anything new.
His publishers need better promotion for him considering he is considered to be England's equivalent to Stephen King.
As big a King fan as I am, James Herbert rates even higher.