Profile for Leeanne Grant > Reviews

Content by Leeanne Grant

Leeanne Grant "Leeanne 'Tink" (not New Orleans at the moment)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Guardian of Honor
Guardian of Honor
by Robin D. Owens
Price: 8.30

5.0 out of 5 stars super cool read, 21 Aug 2007
This review is from: Guardian of Honor (Paperback)
I loved the Celta books, so I sort of resisted the summoning. They are not pure romance, but more of a adventure romance you see a lot starting to do. You might say, Owens really was one of the forerunners of this style of book.
The adventure was amazing, the emotions dead on, and I found myself really "seeing" her world building.

I really love the premise of women take from this world to save another. These would make a great movie.

My Noble Knight (Zebra Historical Romance)
My Noble Knight (Zebra Historical Romance)
by Cynthia Breeding

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it, 21 Aug 2007
Breeding first book really caught my imagination, but in her second, she scores a bullseye. The first book was just a little too long for my tastes. This one is a learner story and moves with a strong pace.

Coming from the bloodline of Mary Magdalene, Deidre sets out on a quest to find the Philosopher's Stone. Instead of the stone she finds a special book about a place called Camelot. She falls for these knights of old in the book, and dreams of having one for her own. Still bound to find the stone, she continues her quest and gets her wish.

Yummy delight! Kensington debut line is offering some fresh talent at reasonable prices and I have found several authors that are no one my auto-buy list.

Faery Special Romances
Faery Special Romances
by Jacquie Rogers
Price: 7.50

5.0 out of 5 stars a divine hoot!, 21 Aug 2007
This review is from: Faery Special Romances (Paperback)
this is a funny book, very original and well-executed. I loved the writing and the humor, and hope to read more from this author. A great gift to that friend who needs a giggle in her life.

Dream Man
Dream Man
by Linda Howard

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, 21 Aug 2007
This review is from: Dream Man (Mass Market Paperback)
I somehow missed this one, and sorry I did. She is psychic who is in tune with serial killer. He is the cop determined to do anything, even set her up as bait to lure the killer. He falls for her, but their romance is rocking all around. Howard kept me on the edge of my seat with tense, but more so with the emotions. She made it "real" to me.

I hated for it to end.

Sinful Between the Sheets
Sinful Between the Sheets
by Barbara Pierce
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful writer, 21 Aug 2007
This is a sequel (which I missed) but have now ordered. I enjoyed this Regency, with a a bit of suspense tossed in, really is one of the first Regency I have enjoyed in some time. The style is fresh, sexy and just the right book to curl up on lazy summer evening. She has a good understanding of woman's limited rights, provides the Alpha male that learns there is more to life through love. Pierce is a steamy writer that clearly is making her mark.

I look forward to more in this series.

Divine Fire (Paranormal Romance)
Divine Fire (Paranormal Romance)
by Melanie Jackson

4.0 out of 5 stars not goblins but still worth reading, 21 Aug 2007
Melanie Jackson is a cool writer, doing things most other romance writers would never tackle. While not my favorite read of this author, this is very different. Lord Byron meets Frankenstin? Who else but Ms. Jackson would have thought of this concept.

I appreciated her imagination and inventive story. Not her best, but a good change of pace.

Live In Concert
Live In Concert
Price: 12.09

4.0 out of 5 stars so much repeat, 21 Aug 2007
This review is from: Live In Concert (Audio CD)
I am big Clannad fan. Have everything they have done from the start. This concert is not much different than other concert versions they have out, and just more repeat of repeats. Some albums I now have 5 and 6 copies of the same song. Very good, but not worth the money if you have all their other stuff. Songs are not my favorites either.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 14, 2011 4:18 AM GMT

Silent Hill [DVD] [2006] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Silent Hill [DVD] [2006] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Radha Mitchell
Offered by supermart_usa
Price: 3.34

5.0 out of 5 stars ugly, compelling film, 21 Aug 2007
I have watched it several times, catch it on the dish. Very interesting movie, yet....

I don't play video games so had no idea it was based on that before I watched, so my impressions are on the movie alone. Well, acted, premise that is very complicated. A woman adopts a daughter. Later, the child is given to running away while sleepwalking. Becoming concerned when nothing helps, she is determined to unriddle what is haunting her daughter. So she journey's to Silent Hill to find the answers.

A female cop stops her. She's slightly too gung ho about people abusing kids, so jumps to the error that Rose is stealing her daughter, and chases them. They both crash. Rose awakens on the edge of Silent Hill, a bizarre town that is in perpetual winterscape (ash really) from fires burning underground. Cop chases her, she chases daughter. Slowly you see there is more wrong with this town and underground fires.

Highly imaginative, repugnant, yet, strangely compelling. Maybe someday I will figure out if I like it or not.

Not recommended for the weak stomach. It's was rough at time for me.

Hello, Gorgeous!
Hello, Gorgeous!
by MaryJanice Davidson
Price: 5.69

5.0 out of 5 stars struck me funny!, 21 Aug 2007
What would you do if you are out for a good time with friends, and then wake up some time later, and you are that lady from the bionic woman? This is cool premise and it struck me as just so funny. She is just like Lindsay Wagner ( I think her name was - only saw them in reruns). Sometimes it was silly, but it still had me laughing. And a good laugh is always worth the ticket. 4 stars for originality, 1 one star for fun.

Not sure how it will hold up as a series, but willing to go another book or two to see.

Writ on Water
Writ on Water
by Melanie Jackson
Price: 5.25

5.0 out of 5 stars pure Gothic designed to please, 21 Aug 2007
Okay, I like Jackson. She is always doing something different. She doesn't follow the herd. I loved the Goblins, what a howl. I wish that series hadn't ended. This time she is doing Gothic that is pure Goth. Take one heroine with a 'gift' of sight, and no idea what it means or how to control it, one really spooky graveyard, and one mean wicked granny, you have the makings of a super tale.

Choe has always feel different, alone, not normal, until she meets Rory Patrick. They shoot sparks off each other, but he doesn't really trust her too much. On the other hand, Rory is connect to her nightmares, so she is not too sure about him either. A murder happens (doesn't it generally in these sorts of stories) and naturally it points at Rory...so who do you trust?

Jackson delivers a delightfully spooky read, with a firm understanding of Gothic romances. Hope she does more in this style.

But couldn't we please have another Goblin, Ms. Jackson?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3