Profile for P > Reviews

Content by P

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Pictek Mini Air Dehumidifier 500ml Capacity ( Max. 250ml/Day ) Compact Portable Low Energy and Silent Home Dehumidifiers Moisture Absorber Dryer for Damp Mould Moisture in Kitchen Bedroom Caravan Office Wardrobe Car Garage-White by
Offered by YongTop

4.0 out of 5 stars Good dehumidifier at a great price, 21 April 2016
A very good dehumidifier that's does what it is supposed to. It collects the moisture from the air and condenses it down and stores it away in the small tank at the base of the dehumidifier.
I haven't ever had much use for one of these as I have never had a problem with damp but over a 12 hour period of using this dehumidifier the device collected approx 20ml of water. Obviously this will differ from house to house but I have no doubt it will collect up to a couple hundred ml's a day at peak humidity. If you are looking to dehumidify large houses or areas prone to moisture I would prefer to invest in a larger unit with a higher level of moisture exchange.

The noise produced by this unit is minimal and is no louder then my laptop when it starts to overheat and the fan kicks in. In my opinion it is fairly quiet but if this is a major issue for you. I am aware of quieter models on the market.

P

iPhone SE Case, BRG® 2 in 1 Detachable Magnetic PU Leather Folio Flip Wallet Case Built-in 6 Card Slot Holder and Lanyard for Apple iPhone 5/5s/SE Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 28 Dec. 2015
A very good case that is made from high quality PU leather. The magnetic clasp and phone holder is very strong and holds perfectly!
I recommend this case to anyone that is looking for a phone case with a wallet!

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Very poor quality!, 28 Dec. 2015
Very poor quality cushion cover. The background of the cover is more of an off green and the detail in the image of the cover is fairly poor and a bit blurry. I wouldn't recommend this product and hope you find a better one than what I did!

Intocircuit 11200mAh 5V Dual USB Ports External Battery Pack
Intocircuit 11200mAh 5V Dual USB Ports External Battery Pack
Offered by Elecsmart

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favourite Power Bank On The Market!, 23 Jun. 2015
I received this product in return for an honest and fair review. This is said review.

This USB charger, far exceeded all expectations. From the sleek and modern design to the efficient and speedy charging of my usb devices - mainly iPhone and Samsung tablet. I managed to charge both devices 6 times from a full charge.

The charger features two very useful female USB ports (OUTPUT) at two different ratings. One 1.0A and One 2.5A. The 2.5A socket is very useful for charging tablets or to charge your phone faster.

My iPhone 5S will power on and charge up from 0%-100% in approx 1-2 hours (depending on which amperage you opt for).

Another feature of this charger that I like is that it comes already charged. To me there is nothing worse than receiving a product like this, that you wish to test straight out of the box and find that it has 0% power. GOOD JOB!!

It took approx 5-6 hours for me to charge up the USB charger from 0%-100%, which compared to similar devices I have owned in the past, is pretty damn good!

I am really happy with this product and would recommend it to anyone who is occasionally away from a power supply. 10/10!

P

KINGSOLAR 14W Foldable Solar Panel Portable Solar Charger Dual-Port Solar Power Charger for Camping Hiking Travel Compatible with iPhones, Samsung Galaxy Phones,Sony Ericsson,LG,Nokia,Tablet,GPS,Bluetooth Speakers, Gopro Cameras,External Battery,Power Bank and all 5V USB-Charged Devices(Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great solar panel for use outdoors!, 18 Jun. 2015
I was very kindly offered this product by the manufacturer in exchange for a free, honest and impartial review. Here is said review:

Wow! Finally a decent solar panel that actually charges a USB gadget/phone! I have been testing this solar panel for a few weeks now! This only really means I have tested it 10 or so times (as the weather really hasn't been that nice!)

The solar panel works perfectly in strong sun and provides power at a slower rate, when overcast. My best charging session with this solar panel has been on a strong sunny day and I managed to charge my USB power bank from 15% to 35% in 2 hours.
I continued to check the solar panel every hour for a further 4 hours and noticed a gradual decline in power being produced. I think it was down to the sun getting weaker as the day went on. At the end of a 6 hour charging session, my power bank went from 15% to 51% (only an extra 16% in 4 hours).
It should be noted that I have tested this solar panel indoors and outdoors. As with the majority of solar panels, they struggle to achieve the required power, through double glazed windows. I soon found that it would only charge 1-2% in several hours of sun (indoors).

In cloudy conditions I have been receiving around 3% charge/hour. This is pretty good considering the light levels were fairly low.
The overall design of the foldout solar panel is very pleasing. The "fabric" that houses the 4 mono-crystalline solar panels and USB charger is made from "heavy-duty polyester canvas" which looks, feels and is water resistant. The 4 solar panels are also covered in plastic PET-Plastic which adds to the water resistance.

The USB power supply that is securely fixed to the solar panel seems a bit to exposed to be waterproof/resistant. It would be possible to conceal the USB socket inside of your bag or in a dry area to prevent water damage if you needed to charge during rain (pretty pointless as very low power will be generated)

Personally I wouldn't like to try submerging the solar panel in water and seeing if it function but I am very confident that if you had the panel hanging from your rucksack and it starting to rain, that you would have several minutes to fold it away and protect from potential damage.
As well as the look of the panel, it is also very well constructed. Around every panel is a double row of strong stitching and the USB power supply socket is firmly fixed to the foldout solar charger. The pocket that is situated next to the USB socket is slightly too small for my iPhone 5s and my 11200mAh???? Power bank. This means that I have to prop the phone and power bank underneath the panel to prevent the devices becoming to warm from the sun.

So far I have been able to successfully provide charge to my GoPro, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6 and 11200mAh USB power bank. The solar panel has no problem providing power to all of the devices at a constant rate, but it may have a tendency to loose power in cloudy conditions. You will just have to be patient!

I hope this review helps and I can't recommend it enough! Any questions, just ask and I will do my best to answer them!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing quality for a very low price!, 17 Jun. 2015

In the box:
- Bluetooth speaker.
- Instruction Manual.
- MicroUSB to USB charging cable (approx 50cm in length).
- Aux Cable (50cm in length).
- USB Plug (not included in the box, but packaged separately). The plug is in the style of the ones provided with Apple iPhones.

I have been using this speaker for over two weeks now, for roughly half an hour every day. The battery is still going strong, although it will probably benefit from a charge soon!

The overall design and look of this speaker is very pleasing and well built. The speaker is rugged and shows no signs of weakness. The clear part of the speaker (as seen in pictures) is made from a hard plastic and displays the light very well (even more so in the dark).

The front of the speaker features 4 very responsive buttons. These buttons are; Light, Phone (answer/hang up) + Play/Pause (only functional when bluetooth is connected) and 2 volume buttons. The light button allows you to cycle through 7 different colours or the option to turn the light off completely. By holding the light button for a few seconds it will cycle through all of the colours slowly.

Sound quality is 9/10. It has a generic sound which seems to be able to handle every type of music I played through it. The bass is slightly lacking, but it still sounds very good and clear. Phone conversations, over this speaker are 8/10. The only issue I encountered is that the person on the phone had a hard job to hear me.

Overall I am really happy with this speaker. It is one of my top portable speakers! I recommend it to anyone that is looking for a way of playing good quality music, at all volumes.

If you have any questions about this product, feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer them!!

Comment Comment | Permalink

Aukey 2.4G Wireless Cordless Handheld Barcode Scanner / Reader Kit Scanning Barcode with USB Receiver, 32-bit Decoder, Anti-interference, Mobile Moveable, Optical Laser, Rechargeable Battery - Gray, BS-W1

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing quality for a very low price!, 14 Jun. 2015

This barcode scanner is much better than I expected. The feel of it alone and look of this scanner is very professional and has a nice weight to it.
I have been impressed by every aspect of this product with it exceeding all expectations!

In the box:
-Barcode Scanner
-USB dongle receiver
-Instruction manual/system barcodes
-USB power cable to charge the battery inside of the scanner

The drivers required to pair the scanner and computer were very easily and quickly installed on my Windows 8 Laptop. As soon as the drivers were installed, I was ready to go!

I tested this scanner out by opening up Microsoft Excel and using the scanner to input the long barcodes into a spreadsheet. Everything worked perfect and I have no doubt in saying that this would work wonders with cataloguing software or Point of Sale software. All this scanner needs is software that is capable of working with keyboard input.

The range for scanning is stated to be 30m. I had no trouble scanning products around my house which relayed to my laptop upstairs.

The instruction manual included with this barcode scanner is definitely something you should keep safe and handy! Apart from the very clear and easy to read instructions, a large collection of barcodes that control and alter the function and settings of the scanner, is included. Below is a small list of some of the barcodes that are available.

-Battery Status.
-Channel Selection.
-Inventory Mode/Transfer Data (For offline scanning).
-Scanner Language
-Read Mode (Single Scan, Multiple Scan, Continuous Scan, Pulse Scan).
-And Many More!

I had a little play with the "offline" mode for this scanner and it is flawless. The scanner is capable of storing up to 10,000 barcodes. Once you are ready to upload these barcodes to your chosen piece of software, you will need to scan the "Transfer Data" barcode. This instantly uploads the barcode data straight to your computer.

I cannot safely say how long the battery will last on this scanner, but I have been using it (messing around in other words) for several hours now. The kids have also had a very long play with it, scanning everything in sight. In theory the battery should last several days, with moderate use. The battery life can be extended by using a faster sleep mode (barcode setting for this can be found in the instruction booklet).

Overall I recommend this handheld barcode scanner to anyone that wants to catalogue a collection or for use in a commercial setting.

If I have missed anything or there is something else you would like to know. Please leave a comment and I will get back to you!

P

iClever Himbox HB01 Bluetooth 4.0 Hands-Free Car Kit for Cars with 3.5 mm Aux Input Jack (Convenient Siri / Voice Activation, Dual USB Car Charger and Magnetic Base Included) - Black
Offered by Elecsmart

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my tractor., 8 Jun. 2015

This is a great little hands-free kit. I have been using this in my tractor (yes you read that right!) for over a month now. I am often on the phone and needed a better solution to "one handed driving". I have also used this product in my car.
The design and build quality are very high and the bluetooth receiver is nice and solid. The buttons on the receiver are also very user-friendly and easily identified, without looking at the unit.

The hands-free kit comprises of:
- A round bluetooth receiver (approx 42mm diameter). On the receiver, there are three buttons. Two for skipping through music and one for answering/declining calls.
- A magnetic fitting for the transceiver which comes with a 3M sticky pad on the back.
- A 1.4m USB/Aux cable. The USB + Aux are both gold-plated.
- In-car cigarette plug with two USB sockets (1x 1.0Amp & 2Amp).

Pairing the device was very easy. I connected to the hands-free kit from my iPhone 5S. The pairing code is '0000' for anyone that cannot be bothered to read the instructions.

The microphone on this is very clear and the other caller can hear me very well.

The magnetic fitting for the receiver is a simple 'plate' that fits snuggly to the back of the unit. It is a fairly strong magnet and has only come of once or twice on me. In reality that has exceeded my expectations as, with a tractor. I am forever going over rough ground and being shaken alive.

Overall I am very happy with this Bluetooth hands-free kit. I recommend it to everyone!

P

AUKEY Charge Cable USB 2.0 to Micro Data Sync Charge Cable 6.6 ft for Android Cellphones, Samsung, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, MP3 Players and More - Black
Offered by AukeyDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant cable!, 7 Jun. 2015

The 'build' quality of this cable is very high and far more superior to some of the cheaper models on Amazon.
The cable sleeve is very strong and durable which goes hand-in-hand with the strong collar going to each end of the USB. I have had several charging/data transfer cables for iPhones and tablets that have failed at the collar, due to general wear and tear. The cheaper models rarely last more than a couple of months.

I haven't really seen many reviews cover the fact that these cables are capable of transferring files from your device to PC/Mac.

The model I am reviewing is the CB-D9 2m (6'6") Black Micro USB Cable. Don't underestimate how useful a 2m cable is! I often find myself struggling with a short charging cable. I always opt for a cable at least 2m long.

I have full faith in this cable to be long lasting and durable. I recommend it to anyone that needs to charge devices that have a MicroUSB port. You won't regret it!
Comment Comment | Permalink

SanDisk SDSDQUN-016G-FFP-A Ultra Android microSDHC UHS-I Class 10 Memory Card + SD Adapter up to 48 MB/s read FFP - 16 GB

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Job, 5 Jun. 2015
A great microSD card. I always try to buy Sandisk. They have never let me down yet! (I hope I haven't jinxed it).

I already have several of these cards and use them in tablets (Samsung), GoPro and an in-car dash cam. These cards have a good data transfer speed which allows recordings/pictures to be stored faster.

The adapter included with the MicroSD card allows you to view files straight from the card via a card reader. I rarely use these as it's easier to just plug the device into a computer/laptop via a USB cable.

I don't think there is much more I can write about the product. If you have any questions that I may be able to help with. Please feel free to ask!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9