Profile for G. Anderson > Reviews

Content by G. Anderson

G. Anderson (Kelso, Scottish Borders)

The Rider
The Rider

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly formatted for the Kindle, 25 Oct 2010
This review is from: The Rider (Kindle Edition)
I bought this for my new Kindle and started to read it last night.
It is very poorly formatted. It obviously hasn't even been proof read.
It is so bad in fact that I had to give up reading it. It starts off okay then the mistakes start to appear, then the font sizing starts to go all over the place !!!
Very disappointed

Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display
Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display

5.0 out of 5 stars What a superb bit of kit !!!, 21 Oct 2010
What can I say? I had my doubts about buying an electronic book reader after being unhappy reading books on my itouch and just not getting to grips with reading books on either my p.c. or my laptop.

Anyway, I decided to buy one of these (WiFi version) for my wife who reads 1 to 2 novels a week (poor sleeper)

It arrived yesterday, and I promptly set it on charge and purchased a couple of books. Whilst waiting for my wife to get home from work i thought I'd lie on the couch and try it out.

Wow!!!

What an excellent bit of kit! After reading 2 chapters of the lates Lee Childs novel, I was hooked. It is BETTER that reading an actual book! I found it so comfortable to hold and read, that I have just purchased another one for myself :-)

Outstanding

Pyramid
Pyramid
by Tom Martin
Price: 5.96

3.0 out of 5 stars Started off well... but didn't last !, 26 Sep 2008
This review is from: Pyramid (Paperback)
The story started well and the plot was pretty intense to begin with. Although it didn't last long. The plot seemed to be over in just a couple of chapters. I also felt the dialogue was witten in a somewhat unnatural way. Some of the sentences had me shaking my head and i'm no best selling novellist!

I too was bamboozled by the Catherine / Rutherford naming convention.

As the book progressed I had the distinct feeling that the author was beginning to rush things. The ending was indeed a bit of a let-down. It all seemed to be over in an instant in one big Crash, Bang, Wallop... Happy ever after...

Having said all this. This type of storyline does interest me and I will be reading his next novel "Kingdom", which is due for release in January 2009.

Build Your Own Website The Right Way Using HTML & CSS
Build Your Own Website The Right Way Using HTML & CSS
by Ian Lloyd

5.0 out of 5 stars What an excellent introduction to xhtml and css, 2 May 2008
Well after reading the excellent reviews on here for this book and browsing through the sitepoint.com website itself with the huge forum. I finaly decided to order it from amazon.co.uk. I ordered it on Monday at 06.20am. It arrived the next morning. (Excellent service) It's only taken me until today (Friday) to complete the book and the website that you get guided through to completion on. What a great book. I feel as though i've learnt loads in just 4 days ! I've just this morning received my next book "CSS - The missing manual".

Highly recommend this book