Profile for S Drowne > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
For iPhone 5 LCD Display Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement Black
For iPhone 5 LCD Display Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement Black
Offered by Shiny&Shiny

4.0 out of 5 stars Sharp screen and very cheap - but mine has a blue tint so doesn't seem as bright as the original, 27 Aug. 2014
I bought this screen from a 3rd party seller called 'phone screen trader' - who I've used before and had the best 4S screens on the market in my opinion.

However, their suppliers haven't quite mastered the iPhone 5 screen yet. The screen is clear and sharp, but it has a slight blue tint to it compared to the original- I'll add a picture later. Otherwise the screen is pretty decent and fit perfectl

Nintendo Mario Back Pack Mario Kart DS
Nintendo Mario Back Pack Mario Kart DS
Offered by Game World United Kingdom

4.0 out of 5 stars Lighweight bag, surprisingly room with handy side pockets for water bottles, 27 Aug. 2014
Lovely little school bag for my 5 year old - side pockets are really useful for water bottles. It's quite roomy - he can fit his school sandwich box in there, along with his book and swim kit. Front pocket perfect for pencils, glasses and/or snacks!

Bag is very light and feels cheap, and probably not very waterproof hence the 4 stars. He'll probably have gone off Mario by then anyway.

BRAND NEW IPHONE 5 REPLACEMENT REAR BACK HOUSING BATTERY COVER ASSEMBLY BLACK
BRAND NEW IPHONE 5 REPLACEMENT REAR BACK HOUSING BATTERY COVER ASSEMBLY BLACK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent replacement housing - for a small cost you can have a beaten old iPhone 5 looking brand new!, 27 Aug. 2014
I've done several repairs on iPhone 4 & 4S's now for friends and family, but this is the first iPhone 5 I've done - I replaced the screen and back housing and it probably took me 3 hours to disassemble and reassemble.

Ordered the rear case from a seller called 'clewco' - was expecting the replacement to be really shoddy, but it was indistinguishable from the real thing. For a total of £50 (I did the screen too) and using the iFixit guide - I've done a complete overhaul of my knackered looking iPhone 5 and it looks brand new!

As a bonus, this housing was supplied with spare power, volume and silencer switches - however, the volume and power buttons were missing the silver back contact pieces that come with the phone, so they don't actually work as a straight swap. I imagine there is a way to remove the tiny silver contacts from the old buttons, but I'm not sure how. This review is about the housing anyway, so the buttons were always a bonus - I've just had to put the old scratched buttons back on.

DB POWER® For IPhone 4S Replacement LCD Screen and Touch Glass Digitizer Assembly + Free Tool KIT

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacement ccreen is closest to original manufacturers I have found, 17 Mar. 2014
I've repaired several iPhone 4/4S's screens recently and I have to say the one I purchase from "phone screen trader" has been the brightest and most like the original I have seen.

- Screen is as bright and clear as the original, some are slightly dimmer
- There are no pressure points - some replacement screens tend to flare as you press the screen

There is a pre-fitted phone-speaker mesh which is markedly different from the original, but if you are replacing the original screen, it is possible to refit.

Shipping was quick, even with standard, I received it with 48 hours of ordering along with tools

4.0 out of 5 stars Great shorts put an end to the chaffing legs!, 24 May 2012
I bought these shorts for a recent marathon and they were great. Having trained throughout the winter in running tights I got a bit of an unwelcome shock when I did a 13 mile run in normal shorts on a warm day. My thighs are quite large and rub together when I run - not usually an issue under 5 miles but anything over it becomes a problem as they start chaffing and I was in agony for a week.

I opted for these as they were closest to the leggings in terms of comfort and style. However the material is thicker than the running tights and they don't have the plastic rubber strip round the bottom of the inside legs that the leggings have.

Despite that they without doubt rescued my marathon training and were worth the money - just wear a long thirst or vest if you're feeling modest!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for running, 13 Feb. 2012
I ran a half marathon in these at the weekend, was initially worried about chaffing and discomfort, but they are very very comfy and provided an extra layer of warmth on what was *ahem* a very, very cold (-2c) day!

Will make sure I always have these on when temperature dips below 5c in future !!

Animal
Animal
by DK

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent Animal Encyclopaedia for children & adults of all ages, 2 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Animal (Hardcover)
I bought this book for my inquisitive three and six year olds, who have suddenly and thankfully, finally found a love of all things animal! We have been taking them to zoos since they were babies and maybe, with the distraction of the playgrounds and ice cream stalls, have never taken much of an interest in tired and bored looking captive animals.

Thankfully exposure to shows like Planet Earth and Frozen Planet, as well as Barneys Latin America on CBBC (highly recommended too!) have shown him that animals can do a bit more than sitting motionless in an enclosure.

This book, as you can see from the Look Inside preview, has just about every animal from every continent, pictured and with just enough summary information to keep them interested, along with info on their size, habitat and geographical location. There is additional information and larger sections on more widely known animals like Elephants, Bears and Sharks.

For the price, this cannot be beaten, it is nearly 4cm thick and the pages are printed in thick durable paper. In my opinion this book should be regarded as the number one reference guide for animal lovers everywhere.

Stanley 077255 Intellisensor Stud Locator
Stanley 077255 Intellisensor Stud Locator

4.0 out of 5 stars Found my joists no problem, 25 Oct. 2011
I bought this primarily as I was sick of the toilet roll holder being ripped from the plasterboard and decided it needed to be fixed to a joist. After using this stud locator I found it and fixed it in no problem without rawl plugs, just two small drilled holes into the plasterboard and the screws went straight into the wood!

I don't agree that the device is that complicated as it only has one button, and if you read the instructions, the display does make sense. I played around with it quite a bit before I used it in areas I knew where joists and electric cables were in range (i.e above light switches). Locating a joist was a breeze, left to right you can locate both edges and plot them, then do the same right to left. You can then pretty much plot a central point from there by taking the average centre. As other reviewers have said, the electric cable warning is a bit annoying, as it does to tend to scream within a 30cm range, but it will pinpoint those pretty accurately too.

For this price, as you'd expect, the build quality is pretty poor, so I couldn't really see it being used much in a professional capacity. However, for the one or two times I am likely to use it in the year it is absolutely fine and will save me the grief of watching the toilet roll holder being ripped from the wall again by the kids
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 22, 2011 3:01 PM GMT

Diesel Men's Nostalgia Cotton Ivy Green/jungle Green Lace Up 00YD87PR012H3237 9 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfy lightweight canvas shoe, 7 Oct. 2011
Bought these shoes for lounging about in they're good, nice comfy cushioned insoles - very flat bottoms, and my only complaint would be that the rubber at the end of the shoe is quite thick so I tend to trip up once in a while when I walk about in them

Wouldn't want to be wearing these on a wet day either as they'd be ruined!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the few Transformers my son can transform by himself!, 6 Sept. 2011
Not a fan of these new wave Transformers, my 5 year old son really struggles with them, but this level 3 Dinobot is an exception. Quite sturdy, and once you've worked out how to transform it, it is pretty easy -and no fiddly little tabs to have to click together unlike some others we have; Transformers Animated Voyager Blitzwing and Transformers Revenge of The Fallen Voyager Optimus Prime which I would avoid as they are too hard for under 7's.

Advice for any other parents out there, although these say 5+ on the box, take note of the "Level" indicator. There is a level 1-4 marked on the corner of the packaging - steer well clear of anything that is a 3 or a 4 it's impossible and you will spend all day trying to work it out yourself and the rest of the week looking for the bits that have fallen off.

Unfortunately the original 80's Transformers reissues are the most sturdy and simple for young kids, but are sadly well out of our price range.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3