Profile for D. M. Topham > Reviews

Sakkas 75004 Arabella Embroidered Empire Waist Dress - Black - One Size
Offered by Sakka's
Price: 59.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice dress, 9 July 2014
...but, I would have to disagree with the one size fits UK size 6-22. I am a size 12-14 and while not tight it doesn't have much spare room around the hip and top of legs on the skirt (I am a pear shape).
I reckon the girl in the photo is about a UK size 8!
Having said that, it hangs well and is very pretty with a slightly shiny panel down the front.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars so so, 23 Aug 2013
The legs are a good length, a good few inches below the knee. They are held up by elastic. It is wide elastic so although it did fold a little when I pulled them up, it was easy to straighten. They feel securely up though so you don't feel like they will fall off. There is a small zipped pocked between the skirt and pants but it is very small. Nothing bigger than a key will fit in here.
Overall they fit well and feel good on. The only problem is the skirt bit. Before I even moved anywhere, the skirt slipped up and formed a fold at my waistband and the skirt hitched up to about halfway covering my bum. It slipped up immediately on pulling down. Either it's because the material is too slippy or it is designed for a flat bum! For this reason I returned the item.

Kuldip Unisex Factory Seconds Pashmina Scarf Shawl Wrap Throw Wine Red
Kuldip Unisex Factory Seconds Pashmina Scarf Shawl Wrap Throw Wine Red

5.0 out of 5 stars good value, 26 April 2013
Very pleased with these. For the price you can't go wrong.
I bought 4 and can only see one small fault on one, a little pull, and it's not very noticeable at all.
They say dry clean only, but I have hand washed them in cold water and they have dried lovely. They do run when washing, so keep separate unless you want the splodge dye effect!
Are a good size for hanging over the shoulders and arm as a little cover up.

PureFitness & Sports Exercise Bike 12-Programs with Heart Rate Control
PureFitness & Sports Exercise Bike 12-Programs with Heart Rate Control
Offered by PureFitness & Sports
Price: 199.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, 17 Mar 2013
I have had this bike a few months now so have been able to fully test it. For less than 200 it is good.
It arrived and was mainly built, only a few bits to fit together which I managed alone. The basic bike is robust but the cosmetic covers are a little flimsy. I managed to crack a bit off the cover on the feet my simply tripping over it!
I am 165cm and have the seat on number 6. The seat height goes up to number 8 and are spaced 3cm apart.
The computer readings seem a little out (when I compare to my Garmin readouts) for calorie and distance so I wouldn't rely too much on the computer readings.
It is a good solid ride; quiet and steady. I am fairly fit, and do a lot of running so wanted a bike to get some aerobic excercise when the weather is simply too terrible to go out in. There are many programs but even on full setting I find them a little easy for a decent workout. They're ok for variety.
I can safely say though, that after 1 hour of good pedalling on full setting I have a good sweat on and feel like I've excercised.
It seems to be wearing well, I guess time will tell but it looks and feels like it will last me a good long time yet....as long as I stop tripping up and landing on the covers!

The Home of Fashion Pleated Belted Long Jersey Maxi Dress Skirt
The Home of Fashion Pleated Belted Long Jersey Maxi Dress Skirt
Offered by The Home of Fashion UK
Price: 13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 13 Feb 2013
Very pleased with this skirt. I'm 5'5" and it falls to my ankles. It is elasticated at the waist and is gathered as well so it is full but it hangs well.
It is also slightly thicker material than the other skirts of the same type I have bought from Amazon so no danger of being see-through :)

WOMENS BELTED GYPSY MAXI SKIRT SIZE 8 10 12 14 16
WOMENS BELTED GYPSY MAXI SKIRT SIZE 8 10 12 14 16
Price: 3.34 - 10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars good for the price, 12 Feb 2013
For the price (9.99 on offer) this is good value.
I have a SM and am a size 10-12, it fits fine and is loose enough to hang well. For a summer skirt it's good, it wouldn't be keeping you warm in winter though.
The material is thin but I have checked, if I stand behind a bright light then yes, you can see the outline of my legs, but, under normal lighting, no you can't.
Another bonus, it said made in UK :)

Sugoi Women's Piston 200 Tight - Black, Medium
Sugoi Women's Piston 200 Tight - Black, Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars good compression, 4 Feb 2013
Very pleased with these. I am a size 12 and the medium gives me good compression level.
Certainly seems to be helping muscle recovery. It feels like it anyway, I suppose results will tell in time!

Update: March
While the leggings continue to be brilliant at compression, are lovely to wear and wash well, the reflective bits and the writing is coming off quite a lot already.

HIGH5 Marathon/Running Race Day Pack
HIGH5 Marathon/Running Race Day Pack
Offered by Discount Supplements
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars good value for money, 19 Jan 2013
This review is from: High5 Marathon Pack (Misc.)
There is enough in here for two full marathons at least. A good selection of gels and drinks powder for during, before and after the run. The gels included have caffeine in, mine came in orange and raspberry flavours.

Hanes Ladies Sports Tank Top Vest Black
Hanes Ladies Sports Tank Top Vest Black
Offered by Bags and Bags
Price: 6.75

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 19 Jan 2013
It fits me perfectly, and is made of the quick drying sports material, I am going to buy another for summer, It probably wouldn't be good for larger busted ladies though, not without going up a size or two from normal.

GILBERT Pulse Skirt , Black, M
GILBERT Pulse Skirt , Black, M
Offered by Millet Sports
Price: 17.24

4.0 out of 5 stars good, 19 Jan 2013
This review is from: GILBERT Pulse Skirt (Misc.)
It's not got built in shorts so be aware if you want to wear it alone.
I wear it over running leggings when I run so I don't feel so exposed, It's excellent for this as it's made of the quick wicking material.
The only slight downside is there is a little logo on the back which is coming off slightly now.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3