Profile for jonathon troop > Reviews

Content by jonathon troop

jonathon troop

Page: 1 | 2
Character Building Doctor Who Micro-Figures in Display Brix Variety (Pack of 5)
Character Building Doctor Who Micro-Figures in Display Brix Variety (Pack of 5)
Offered by Hoombletoys & Collectables
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Better Display, Easier To Collect, 18 Feb 2014
Not only is this variety pack cheaper than buying individually, but is also guarantees you will get 5 different figures. As a collector for a long time now, it can get very frustrating buying 5 packs at 2.00 each to find that 3 are the same, and this puts an end to this problem, making them, for me, nicer to collect. The display stands are brilliant too, are compatible with Lego and even stack up to display well. The designs, although some are the same as before, are all really nice too. On top of this, when you take the base off to open it, you'll find the parts to the figure are all in a nice little plastic bag, meaning that you can open them wherever and not have to worry about losing pieces. Very impressed.

To give an idea on how figures vary, I got The 9th Doctor, The 10th Doctor (Long Coat), The 11th Doctor (Fez), Gold Dalek and Dalek Sec in my variety pack.

Stunning Flameless Candles Real Wax Vanilla Scented 3pk with Remote Control & Flickering Mode
Offered by Universal Homeware
Price: 14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Product, But Look Around First, 30 Oct 2013
I was really excited to find these at such a great price, and so decided to buy them. Unfortunately, soon after this I was looking around for something similar and saw this product with 12 extra buttons on the remote to change the colours on top of everything this version gives you. Not only that, but it was 3.00 cheaper. Although this is a great product, I do recommend looking around a lot first before you buy.
That said, these ones are excellent. They really do look like real candles, and the effect is fantastic. They are not just finished with wax, but actually made from it, and so it's even the same weight as you'd expect a candle to be. The different brightness settings, however, do not seem to have much of an effect. Very little change happens between high and low brightness, however the flickering effect is very convincing and looks great. If you're worried about the scent either being too weak or too strong, there's no need. The vanilla is really a very soft smell, and withing just a few minutes it will fill the room with scent like a real candle would do, even without being turned on.

LEGO Games 3862: Harry Potter Hogwarts
LEGO Games 3862: Harry Potter Hogwarts
Offered by Toybroker-UK
Price: 25.95

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best So Far, 30 Oct 2013
I have purchased quite a few of the Lego brand games, and this is the best so far. The game is fairly basic, but it can be made more interesting by the exciting adaptations exclusive to these games. It's really very enjoyable to build, and easy to adapt. It also gives you 5 extra playing pieces (Plus Mrs. Norris the cat) to incorporate into the game yourself using the extra tiles. Not only does it look great, but it is actually really fun to play. A great buy.

Dr Who Tardis Tea Pot
Dr Who Tardis Tea Pot
Price: 19.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Bigger on the Inside, 30 Oct 2013
When this arrived I was very pleased with how big it was. I was only expecting a miniature teapot, however this is definitely full sized and holds a lot of tea. This said, it does seem very prone to chipping, so I don't think it will be used often. More of a display item really. Still, I am very pleased with the overall quality and detail on it.

The Magical World Of Harry Potter
The Magical World Of Harry Potter
Offered by mrtopseller
Price: 1.75

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Nice Soundtrack, 29 Oct 2013
Whilst browsing for a cheaper way of getting hold of the Harry Potter soundtracks, I stumbled across this. It is an absolutely brilliant CD, with a wide selection of music from the first 3 films that will take you straight back, reminding you of the magic of the series. It's made me realize how much the music changes the atmosphere of the films, and how it creates such a magical atmosphere. I personally can't see any difference between the tracks on here and those of the official soundtracks. A fantastic bargain.

Lord of the Rings: Complete Trilogy
Lord of the Rings: Complete Trilogy
Offered by Springwood Media
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Most Beautiful Music Ever To Have Met My Ears, 29 Oct 2013
Okay, so maybe I can't go into as much detail about the music as other reviews, but after reading them I decided I wanted to buy these soundtracks. All I need to say is that they're even better than the reviews make them seem. The music is really emotional, and makes you feel a part of the story. It's as if they actually transport you to another world. If you're debating whether or not to buy them, don't even think about ignoring them. This is the most beautiful music to ever have met my ears.

On top of the music, the presentation of this set is fantastic. The box is really nice and very durable, and the lovely character cards slip into the cases nicely to change the cover if you wish.

Looking at the price as well, this is definitely the best purchase I have ever made. I seriously recommend you do the same.

Harry Potter House Pen Ravenclaw Gold Plated
Harry Potter House Pen Ravenclaw Gold Plated
Offered by filmandtvstuff
Price: 19.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, but worth the price?, 29 Oct 2013
I have been interested in buying this for a while now, and so when I finally bought it I was excited to see how it lives up to its description. It is an absolutely beautiful pen, with both shine and detail. It writes very well, but as it is made of metal it is very heavy in the hand. It's definitely more for display. It is obviously of a very high quality, plated with silver (Not Gold as in the description), and although it is a bit smaller than expected it is definitely a lot nicer. My only real issue is whether it's worth the price. Obviously it's not made cheaply, and is absolutely beautiful, however before buying you need to consider how much you would be willing to pay for a pen, even if it is plated in silver.

Doctor Who: Series 7
Doctor Who: Series 7
Price: 9.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Emotive, 29 Sep 2013
This review is from: Doctor Who: Series 7 (Audio CD)
Every time I play this soundtrack it feels like I am stepping back into the fantastic stories of Series 7. It's made me realize how much the music actually makes the show what it is. Almost every piece is instantly recognizable, and there is music on here to suit every mood and preference. Each track really does add an atmosphere to the room, from the excitement and adventure of "Market Day" from The Rings of Akhaten to "Goodbye Pond" from The Angels Take Manhattan, which brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it. Overall, it's what both I and the 9th Doctor would describe as a truly "Fantastic" album.

Dark Gold Edible Food Pen for Cake Decorating
Dark Gold Edible Food Pen for Cake Decorating
Offered by The Baker Shop.
Price: 2.40

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 29 Sep 2013
This is nowhere near the standard I was hoping for. I'm not sure where to start. Personally I wouldn't even describe the colour as being gold. It's more of a dark-ish yellow, but I could let this go. The tip of the pen was very dry, and wouldn't write to start with. When I finally sorted this issue, I realized that the ink is very thin, and has the consistency of a cheap felt-tip pen. The fact that it was so dry also meant that it made a mess of the icing on the cake. The writing ended up being more inscribed into the icing then written on. I really do hope that this was the case only with the one I bought and not generally representative of the product in general, as from the packaging it looked quite good.

Luxury 50th Golden Wedding Anniversary Napkins
Luxury 50th Golden Wedding Anniversary Napkins
Offered by Goods Online 24/7
Price: 3.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Great Quality, 29 Sep 2013
When these arrived I was surprised at how nice they were. The napkins feel really nice and soft, and you can tell they are of good quality. The design is also printed really well, and has a really nice golden shine to it. They looked brilliant on the table, and I would definitely recommend buying them.

Page: 1 | 2