Profile for G. Muirhead > Reviews

G. Muirhead (UK)

Cigala & Tango
Cigala & Tango

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings, 22 Oct 2013
This review is from: Cigala & Tango (Audio CD)
I love Diego el Cigala's collaboration with Bebo Valdes and was excited by the prospect of a similar project with some of the great names in contemporary tango. There are some outstanding performances on this live recording, but there are some tracks I find difficult to listen to, namely those with the great guitarist Juanjo Dominguez who has one string (the D string maybe?) excruciatingly out of tune. Maybe non-guitarists wouldn't mind but I can't listen without wincing!

Soluzioni: A Practical Grammar of Contemporary Italian (HCG)
Soluzioni: A Practical Grammar of Contemporary Italian (HCG)
by Denise De Rôme

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 2 Jan 2011
This book was the recommended text for the evening class I am doing. I can't recommend it highly enough if you're a serious student and are also studying with a teacher or using a book/CD combination. I have a good knowledge of written Italian but I don't speak it regularly, so I've found this book really helpful in clarifying a lot of the niggly little doubts I often have. It goes into great detail about usage but because it signposts each section according to whether it is core grammar or advanced, you can stop at the level that is approppriate without getting into too much detail if that's what you want. The exercises (with answers!) are useful for consolidating what you've learnt. I love it!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 10, 2011 6:53 PM BST

Scholl Footcare -  Met Arch Supp 1Size 2
Scholl Footcare - Met Arch Supp 1Size 2

1.0 out of 5 stars uncomfortable, 23 Oct 2010
I bought this product after emailing Scholl for advice about the best insoles for metatarsal pain. They recommended these instead of an insole. Just opened them and they are impossible to wear - they're very hard and press into the sole of your feet, like walking on a stone. I get no relief from them at all. I think they could probably cause other problems if I persisted in wearing them I appreciate there may be conditions that will be relieved by them but my advice would be to avoid them unless recommended by someone qualified.

Bosch Collection Bag/Cover for all Shredders
Bosch Collection Bag/Cover for all Shredders

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, 16 July 2010
This product was described as a collection bag/cover for all shredders and was sold by Bosch. I assumed incorrectly that it would be Bosch branded. It's not - it could be any old bag from the local DIY/garden centre. Quality is pretty poor - can't see it lasting more than a year before branches etc start to tear through.

30 Años
30 Años

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 20 Feb 2009
This review is from: 30 Años (Audio CD)
I bought this CD to get an overview of her career but was disappointed in the lack of information about the tracks - no dates or performing credits. Six of the tracks are live recordings of variable quality and annoying, tinny applause, sometimes during the music. I think there must be better collections out there.