Profile for Jambles > Reviews

BlackBerry Charging Pod for Bold 9900 - Black
BlackBerry Charging Pod for Bold 9900 - Black
Offered by MOBILEPARTZ

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth buying, 18 Nov. 2011
This is a great case of faulty design. I mean it does work, to the point where you have to gently place the device in and check that it is indeed charging. The depth of grasp on the device is awful. It feels like each time you put your phone in, its like trying to balance a 10 pence piece on its side. You can make a cup of tea by pouring hot water from a boot... Doesn't mean it is a good cup of tea. This charges... Just not very well. Has one job and does it badly.

Seriously, don't bother people.

I gave it 2 stars mainly because it came pretty quick. Two days after ordering free delivery.

The Flip Mino Pocket Guide
The Flip Mino Pocket Guide
by Christopher Breen

1.0 out of 5 stars Page one: Turn it on. Page two: Film, 17 Jun. 2010
Seriously, if you have to buy a book teaching you how to use the worlds easiest camcorder then I feel for you. Another get rich plan by the author. Not on my watch buddy. You can learn all you need by either picking it up or reading the instruction guide.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 5, 2011 9:26 PM GMT

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Totally Life Changing., 2 Jan. 2010
I ordered one of these things the other month. It arrived super quick and with in moments I was holding a gateway I always assumed was all an elaborate hoax.
I switched off all the lights and lit my room with a few candles and literally in a few minuets I had summoned up a spirit. I know you are probably reading this thinking "Yeah right!" but I did! Turns out that some dude named Tim lived in my room many years ago and had died due to a faulty gas tap!
At first I was all scared and that seeing as talking to a ghost is all new to me and I have seen movies like the poltergeist and don't fancy having to tidy up all the messy stuff they get up to with chairs. Turns out he's just a regular guy. But invisible. We have since spent many a night playing board games (Not including the Ouija Board) and I am yet to beat him at chess. It is only recently that I have been thinking of laying him to rest again. I mean he is a nice guy but when you live with someone for too long they can get on your nerves. I have considered counseling or selling my place because he can't leave the room he was summoned in.
Last week I went out for a few drinks with the other half and we got a bit drunk and stumbled in around 3am. As she was getting ready to go to bed she screamed saying that Tim had pinched her. Now I am as manly as the next manly man and I cant put up with that. So I grab my Ouija Board from under the bed and ask him what he was up to. He told me that she had walked right through him and that it was weird. Then he went on to tell me (In front of my girlfriend I may add) that he was sitting in the corner of the room whilst I was having a shower and he was watching her and that she was texting her ex-boyfriend! I mean I have had my suspicions about the relationship I was in and now, thanks to Tim I am having serious doubts. My girl has denied it all but I don't know... Why would the spirit lie to me? Unless he just wants to play chess.
All in all this is like some crazy mess. It's a bit like when you don't trust your girlfriend and notice that she has left her phone on the side and take a peek and find something that you don't agree with. I was happy before I knew that she was texting her ex and it could all be in innocence. I think Tim is just jealous of the time I spend with her. Who can I trust?
I have to make my decision by midnight tonight... Not for some spiritual reason it's just that Channel 5 are showing re-runs of CSI and I missed an episode from the last season.
Whoa! Just had a crazy chill come over me...
Anyway, I give this 4 stars as it causes you to doubt the ones you love. Other than that, it needs no recharging. The battery lasts for ever! lol! It has a nice finish to it and even has two hooks so you can hang it on the wall to help your kids learn the alphabet and numbers when not in use!

I best go now... I can smell gas.
Comment Comments (11) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 5, 2013 1:11 AM BST

Guitar Pick Up for Round Hole Steel String Guitars
Guitar Pick Up for Round Hole Steel String Guitars
Offered by imustbuy

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great but for the money..., 9 July 2009
the main problem I have with this is the clip. It doesn't grip the guitar all that well on its own and requires a little modding to do so. On my Yamaha FG700S I have used rail cards to fill the gap between the clip and the body. Even then not great. Though for the price I wasn't sure what I was expecting. Maybe a little functionality. Sounds alright though in the end.

Logic3 MIP159 - Microphone For iPod
Logic3 MIP159 - Microphone For iPod

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for guitar, 9 July 2009
I got this about a year ago now and I use it a lot. I have been recording my acoustic guitar with it and the sound is great! Clean and easy to review back. The fact that it records in wav makes it so much better as it is uncompressed and is universal with all programs including Acid Pro (recording/mixing software).
The down sides are that you cant listen to the recording during only playback and when I used the line in function on the mic it is in mono which is not all that good. If you want something to record acoustically then great if you want something that you can line in not good.

Over all its a nice thing to have as it makes the ipod that much better.

BlackBerry 8220 Smartphone (UK, Black, QWERTY)
BlackBerry 8220 Smartphone (UK, Black, QWERTY)

5.0 out of 5 stars Pocket wonder, 3 Dec. 2008
I got this mobile on the day of UK release and am still amazed by it! I have previously used an XDA Orbit along with an Ericsson C902 and given both up for this.
Reception is a dream on it which makes it better than most xda's and the keyboard is quick and easy. It's flip design makes the phone more compact and easy to see basic functions like time and alerts makes it better.
As my first Blackberry handset I am over the moon about it. Camera lacks in terms of other mobile's on the market but it seems those high pixel phones are actually marketed as cameras now. So this is a phone...
Thing that sealed the deal was the wifi capabilities on it. It's a piece of cake to jump onto free wifi hotspots.

The battery could do with a longer usage life and the bluetooth gets some getting used to. Also, as this is my first blackberry I routed around for some cool new apps for it... Still searching! I don't want to pay the earth for some extra functionality!

Who knows?... I may end up one of those sad cases where they find themselves chained to the almighty Blackberry!
If I do, then it's no wonder with this!

ADVENT 4211 Intel Atom N270 @ 1.6 GHz, 1024 Mb, 80Gb 10" Qwerty, XP Home English

5.0 out of 5 stars Mini Wonder., 20 Oct. 2008
Yes, a Wonder. I have had this piece of kit now for about three weeks and use it constantly. I deccided to go for the xp world of net books as Linux would not support some of the programs I use. I can honestly say my lap top has pretty much retired.
I use it to surf the web, check emails and write movie scripts. The keyboard was a bit of a worry, but now I can use very little movement to type long pieces of text due to the small size. The added intergrated bluetooth has been a suprisingly good touch. Easy networking via that as much as wifi or cables. With 80gig's of space, it's more than enough room to download or upload files.

A few things that could be better would be the battery life. I get around 2.5 hours. But then I am using the net and a few other programs running along with it. There is no back light for the key board and with the screen size it does not compliment low lighting and lastly, remember this is windows. I say this as if you have windows and you are taking it online, which obviously you will... then you will need an anti virus! Which given the fact that there is no disk drive... Could be a pain in the... advent!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 11, 2008 2:24 AM GMT

O2 Xda Orbit
O2 Xda Orbit

4.0 out of 5 stars No i-phone for me!, 7 Nov. 2007
This review is from: O2 Xda Orbit (Electronics)
I have had this phone for around three months now and have never looked back.
At first I was going to use it plainly as an XDA pocket P.C. Having had an older model which almost fell apart due to constant use.
Only I tried my sim card in it being a bit unsure about it having read a few reviews saying about poor reception and the likes, However it's great.
The packaging alone is enough to get you excited and the software and installation is quick and easy.
Within minuets I was playing away.
Wifi is great and browsing is easy as is running third user apps. (which you can't do on the iphone.) The battery life could be better but I think it depends on what it is you mainly use it for. On standby you can get a good few days out of it.
I would recommend buying a screen protector (which you can pick up quite cheap.) as the screen can be sensitive to scratches. Also you get two stylus' in the pack but I am still on the first. The camera lacks the quality you would prefer for the money it is but I have never had the need to use it. Plenty of internal memory and very smart looking.
All in all a great piece of kit. One I will never live without... (until the next model comes in! ;-) )