Profile for D. Boyes > Reviews

A Monster in Paris [DVD]
Dvd ~ Adam Goldberg
Offered by Discs4all

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical, 23 July 2012
This review is from: A Monster in Paris [DVD] (DVD)
Possibly one of the best animated films I have seen in a really long time. Unlike a Pixar or Dreamworks film I find that nothing in this film screams childish. Its good family fun and gets a good laugh! An brilliantly original story and the musical numbers I supremely enjoyed.

30 Days
30 Days

5.0 out of 5 stars Good solid song!, 20 May 2012
This review is from: 30 Days (MP3 Download)
Dunno why these girls get such a bad wrap, reading up on them I think whilst they are clearly not the most amazing singers they are good business woman, they would have to be or else I don't think they will still be around after all this time.
As for the song, not my fav. Saturdays song but they just can't top "Higher" for me!

Lark Rise To Candleford - Series 1 & 2 Box Set [DVD]
Lark Rise To Candleford - Series 1 & 2 Box Set [DVD]
Dvd ~ Julia Sawalha

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality viewing at its best, 17 April 2011
It is a simple program to follow, but the stories are written with care and the acting is supreme. It probably will not be everyone's cup of tea but it certainly entertains to the max for me. It was money well spent. I have collected all 4 series and each is packaged well and none of my deliveries have been damaged.

Come And Get It
Come And Get It
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars The most played album I own!, 28 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Come And Get It (Audio CD)
I think that the albums under performance is one of the things I like about it. It feels like you get to experience something that is so good and others are too ignorant to be enchanted by the same source!
Favorite songs on the album are Crazy Boys, So Good, Funny How and Nothing Good About This Goodbye. Not to say I don't like the other songs, because I do only we all need favorites.
Again I agree with what everyone else says, the wrong songs were chosen as singles. So Good was probably on my choice list too, but Funny How and Nothing Good About This Goodbye should have been other singles.
What I would have loved had this album been a chart smasher was to imagine what a tour would be like. Would have been crazy, but alas no tour.
It's a good buy if your reading this now. Been nearly 6 years since it's release and the album still sounds as fresh as the first time I listened to it.

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader [Blu-ray]
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Ben Barnes
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Magical, 27 Jan. 2011
I watched this on big screen, and even though Price Caspian is my favorite of the 3 films I have to say this was a good film. True, there were some risks taken with the story line versus the book, but that happens with any adaption. I am sad that Andrew Adamson did not return as the director as his version did seem more magical but there were great elements brought to the new film too. Sadly I did not like all the effects, but after the budget that was thrown into Prince Caspian it's not surprising that the same feel could not be pulled off with a almost halved budget. A must buy, please support the continuation of the film series.

On The Up - Complete Collection Box Set [DVD]
On The Up - Complete Collection Box Set [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dennis Waterman

5.0 out of 5 stars A Classic BBC production, 25 Aug. 2010
Things I love about Brit TV is how all the characters are normal people, unlike Hollywood where actors even have portray famous people on television. On The Up has now been added to my all time favorites list for portraying great humor. Well written and I love every episode!!

Pongwiffy: Back on Track (book 7)
Pongwiffy: Back on Track (book 7)
by Kaye Umansky

5.0 out of 5 stars All Time Children's Fav!, 16 April 2010
If you have never read Pongwiffy then I suggest you do ... that is if you are a child. I picked up my first one in 4th grade so the story sticks with you. It's as echanting as the Faraway Tree series, as adventerous as Harry Potter and just an alround good book. If you want your child to read - then buy Pongwiffy (but get the first one mind you).
Back On Track keeps up with the Pongwiffy pace and does not dissapoint!