Profile for ThermalSteve > Reviews

Content by ThermalSteve

ThermalSteve

Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi (Previous Generation - 5th)
Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi (Previous Generation - 5th)

3,222 of 3,333 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars A review for the glass half full persuasion......., 3 Jan 2013
Buying a bog standard, lower end kindle for myself with Xmas money was purely on the basis of money available at the time. That said, I would have no intention of buying any other reader when this one eventually expires because I've thrashed it too much. ;-)

My reason is simple. I have an ipad but for reading, the glass screen tended to glare after a while. Don't get me wrong i adore the ipad but I wanted a book reader that does that and that alone.

The screen is built for no glare and reads just like a book.

The keyboard has been removed and put 'on-screen' to make for lighter reading. And if you just want to read this a big plus.

The buttons on the side to move forward or backwards a page are so subtle that it will become second nature and not interfere with your attention to the story. (Buttons are on both sides for lefties and righties too. God I love this product)

There is no backlight so there is absolutely no artificial leanings to the reading experience. It reads like a book should and buying a case with light feels like a book with a lamp on when you're in bed snuggled up.

For some, what I have said above may seem like they have 'left out' certain perks so they can reach the budget buyers but for me all the above confirms (and will to the readers who love a proper book and are unsure whether to change), is that everything that is unnecessary when all you want to do is read a book isn't there.

The best way to sum it up is.........

This Kindle is bog standard. It does nothing more than 'be' a reader. There's no fancy asides. It is what it is. And it does it perfectly.
Comment Comments (20) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 11, 2014 6:03 PM BST

Assault of Killer Bimbos [DVD] [US Import] [NTSC]
Assault of Killer Bimbos [DVD] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Elizabeth Kaitan

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh Hell Yeah......, 6 Nov 2012
If you love your trash from the 80s, like your women to be the strength in film, and have ever wondered what a b-movie version of Thelma and Louise would be like (although this badboy predates it by 3 years), then this is a no-brainer.

I won't go into the plot as its so similar to Thelma and Louise but change Geena Davis and Susan Sarandons characters for go-go dancers and bring in some help on the lam from an idiotic (albeit loveable) surfer trio.

The film itself is really low budget but its only with this type of budget where, when you get a game cast and crew that the inspiration comes to make up for what is lacking in the dollar department. This film is no exception as it shows on screen what I adore most about these types of films............the love.

So much of it has gone into making this movie possible and like so many other b-classics of the time, you can see how everyone just went with it and had the time of their life doing so. It's not a classic by any means but you didn't get to this review by typing in Twilight or Michael Bay so I'm sure you don't expect it to be. But you will watch it again and again. As I will.

Happy B-Watching folks. :-)

Puppetmaster (BLU-RAY) [1989]
Puppetmaster (BLU-RAY) [1989]
Dvd ~ Paul Le Mat

5.0 out of 5 stars 88 Films does it again., 27 Sep 2012
I have been collecting all of 88 Films (Full Moon) movies as they have been released and am constantly in awe at how great these awesome cult films look when they've had the 88 treatment. Puppet Master is no exception.

I watched it last night and it blew me away. I am somewhat of a caveman when it comes to technology so all I can say in my own way is........it looks frackin sublime. The movie, some have said, is really slow paced at first but I don't feel it is. It gives you enough time with the characters to develop them and the story so that when you finally can't hate the bad guys any more, the little guys can't drill, leech, and sucker punch them enough. ;-)

Just awesome.

2-in-1 iPad camera connection kit USB-Adapter + SD card reader
2-in-1 iPad camera connection kit USB-Adapter + SD card reader
Offered by TOPCITY

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for an occasional traveller, 5 Mar 2012
Brilliant product. For the price you can't go wrong. Some people expect too much when the official one is £25. Loaded over 400 photos onto my iPad from a memorable travel in seconds. Now I get to relax and reminisce using the photo frame thanks to this lovely device. £4.00 for everlasting memories. And the delivery time was exceptional too. I give 5 to the seller. 4 for the brilliant product.