Profile for Bobble > Reviews

Content by Bobble

Bobble

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Byzantine Gold (Dangerous Waters Book 2)
Byzantine Gold (Dangerous Waters Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars An fitting follow up, 15 Sep 2013
I had been looking forward to this book since I read the first part. The character of Atakan intrigues me and this book didn't disappoint in that respect. Sexier, more action packed and with more humanity in the characters, this is a must!

Torment of Life (Terminus X Book 1)
Torment of Life (Terminus X Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Promising but..., 26 Feb 2013
I wanted to give this story a higher score but there are elements of it that grated on me. Having said that, Ward has made no bones about the fact this story is Part One of a larger series. He is introducing a futuristic world with a complex environmental and political climate and that may have proved too much for a short story. As this series progresses and is given room to breathe there is a chance it will become something special.

I will be reading further parts because it did intrigue me and I would love to know more about the HumaniX, Xigen and the caste based system that evolved in the aftermath of a massive natural disaster.

Brilliant? No. A series to look out for? Most definitely.

Orphan on my Doorstep
Orphan on my Doorstep

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant read, 18 Feb 2013
When a storm throws an ailing Amy into Rod's arms (quite literally) love follows in its wake. Both Rod and Amy are emotionally damaged; Amy from a life in foster care and Rod from discovering (at 33!) he is adopted. They encounter and befriend Ollie, who is convinced he is a freak and rescue Uncle Ned from a nursing home. Together they create a new life for themselves...

I was gripped by this book. The characters were engaging and I could identify with each of them in some way (even if I did want to grab Rod by the collar and shake him at times!)

I have no problem in recommending this book to anyone who is in the mood for a good romance.

The City of the Mirage
The City of the Mirage

4.0 out of 5 stars A great story of a hateful land, 13 Feb 2013
I must admit a weakness of 'stranger in a strange land' stories and this tale of a downed pilot being transported to another world didn't disappoint. The culture of the land he ends up in is barbaric - slavery is rife and women are very much second-class citizens. The fact I reacted so strongly against the land is a credit to the Brooke's writing. There were a few typos/grammatical errors that slipped through the proof reading process but these in no way reduced the impact the story had on me or my enjoyment of it. I will certainly be reading more of his work.

The Fire
The Fire

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed this!, 29 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Fire (MP3 Download)
I'm not ashamed to admit I loved Matt Cardle's voice ever since the X-Factor. I had already bought the album he did with his band (which I do prefer to this album) but didn't hesitate in picking this up. The opening track "It's Only Love" is worth the price of admission on its own! A good (if not brilliant) album.

Jake Bugg
Jake Bugg
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a convert, 29 Dec 2012
This review is from: Jake Bugg (MP3 Download)
Radio 1 had been gushing about Jake Bugg for a while but he didn't really excite me, I heard "Two Fingers" without realising who it was and was hooked. The album is outstanding and each track delivers whether it be musically, lyrically or emotionally. Brilliant.

Until Now
Until Now
Price: 9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars I want to be on *that* night out, 29 Dec 2012
This review is from: Until Now (MP3 Download)
I thought that "Until One" was an almost perfect album and that "Until Now" would be nowhere as good. I am happy to say I was wrong! Individually, the tracks are great but the continuous mix is wonderful and great to exercise to.

Sibelius: Symphonies Nos. 1-7; Kullervo [LSO/Colin Davis]
Sibelius: Symphonies Nos. 1-7; Kullervo [LSO/Colin Davis]
Price: 21.87

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 29 Dec 2012
I stumbled across Sibelius while listening to Classic FM (I was avoiding something on Radio 1). Having never heard of him before I was surprised by how much Symphony 6 grabbed me and I bought this instantly. I listen to Sibelius as I write and it has conjured so many images for me, Breathtaking.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 25, 2013 11:53 PM GMT

USB Charger Lead Cable for Xbox 360 Wireless Controller
USB Charger Lead Cable for Xbox 360 Wireless Controller

5.0 out of 5 stars A necessary replacement, 29 Dec 2012
I ran over my existing lead with my wheelchair and annihilated it. As I had discarded the original battery for my controller I was suddenly in a race against time! I am glad to say the replacement lead arrived before my controller had ran out of charge so I was able to keep on gaming. Very reasonably priced, delivered in a excellent time frame and 100% working. What more can you want?

Black Friday
Black Friday

5.0 out of 5 stars Dark and unexpected, 21 Oct 2012
This review is from: Black Friday (Kindle Edition)
Joe is, as the story tells us, a predictable man. He works a disappointing job and has a cloying, overpowering wife suffering from depression. There are only two sources of light in his bleak life, his daughter and, of course, Black Friday.

This is not the first book I've read by Jennifer Steen and it didn't fail to entertain. Her prose is very descriptive and her descriptions of Joe's home life are so accurately written that the feeling of tension and despair is very real. His annual trip to the Black Friday sales (a phenomenon we don't have in England) is equally well written and the purpose of his trip, when revealed, is a cathartic burst of rage which is so wrong but feels somehow right.

I wait for the next book from Steen with great excitement!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4