Profile for Geofflazy > Reviews

Content by Geofflazy

Geofflazy "Pootle" (Leicester UK)

Willkommen: Student Book: A German Course for Adult Beginners
Willkommen: Student Book: A German Course for Adult Beginners
by Paul Coggle

1.0 out of 5 stars self learner? book won't work without the CD., 5 May 2010
The book itself is very nicely set out with clear pictures to relate words to. However, it does not work unless you have the CD that goes with it (unless your are using the book as an aid to German lessons). For a self learner, like myself, you are left with no idea regarding pronounciation as it is not explained (in most dictionaries there is some form of attempt in brackets to explain the word phonetically). As the CD is not sold seperately, I now have to send the book back in order to reorder one that comes with the CD. I wish this had been mentioned in the description. The back of the book actually states that it is only suitable with the support book and audio (so why sell this seperately?). For eg page 1 of the book asks you to tick the boxes in the order that the people photographed speak....Sigh waste of time having to send it back. I now have no time to reorder and have to buy from the highstreet.

Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix
Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 25 May 2009
Phoenix have once again excelled themselves. My favourite is Love Like a Sunset pt 1 - it started out by giving me a lump in the throat feeling, very serious sounding and then changes it's mood in the 2nd half, such a beautiful song. If you loved 'it's never been like that' then you'll love this just as much. Track 7, 'Rome' screams Phoenix. A happy upbeat feel to the rest of the songs. It was well worth the wait. I've got it on repeat so no doubt, I'll add a further update soon x

Cat Confidential: The Book Your Cat Would Want You To Read
Cat Confidential: The Book Your Cat Would Want You To Read
by Vicky Halls

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Advice, 2 Sept. 2006
Having looked after cats for over 18 years I thought this book was at first great. It gave you a cats point of view on things, being locked in all day and the only person they see is you when your home from work etc etc makes you understand that they are not toys - they need a varied life and food as humans do. However i was horrifed by the advice "blind cats can have a good quality of life as they still have some senses left" - if you woke up one day blind - would you not be scared? frightened? I could never ever consider letting my cat go blind and expect him to lead a quality life. real poor advice. very disappointing.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 18, 2008 9:42 PM BST

It's Never Been Like That
It's Never Been Like That
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Like 'United' but better !!!, 8 Jun. 2006
* OMG * I LOVE PHOENIX. i adore the previous 2 albums 'United' and 'Alphabetical' - i was worried that this wouldnt be as good, but when i heard it i couldve cried as its BRILLIANT. Its more upbeat than anything they've done - when my orer arrived I listened to it straight away from start to finish - time went by so quickly and my foot tapped throughout. Oh, its just WONDERFUL - I love their style sooo much.