Profile for SiMo > Reviews

Content by SiMo

SiMo

Page: 1 | 2
City of Heroes Deluxe (PC)
City of Heroes Deluxe (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Superhero game ever!..., 13 Feb 2014
Sadly canned by NCsoft in 2012. Short-sighted and selfish business decision by the South Korean parent company.
Do yourselves a favour and never ever buy an NCsoft game ever, they are not worth investing either your time nor money in.

The community has since moved on to Champions-Online as the next best thing and spiritual successor.

Kingdom Come: Ultimate Edition
Kingdom Come: Ultimate Edition
by Mark Waid

1.0 out of 5 stars Y-e-a-h....... thanks, product info could of mentioned it was in Italian....., 13 Feb 2014
I don't speak Italian. Disappointed. Returned.
Next to impossible to find this in English now, it seems all print-runs are sold out.

Life of Pi (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray)
Life of Pi (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray)
Dvd ~ Suraj Sharma
Price: 19.14

5.0 out of 5 stars A 3D film that is genuinely amongst the best (3D tech focused review), 13 Feb 2014
When James Cameron of 'Avatar' fame was interviewed once as one of the foremost pioneers of the 3D technology, he hand-picked and mentioned the films he thought that were really good conversions - amongst the films he produced he name-checked and applauded 'Life of Pi' as being one of the best he had ever seen.
Truely a great 3D conversion of a great and memorable film that has your TV transformed into just a window through which it looks like you are looking at the tale unfold in real-life. That said even the excellent depth to the 3D is not over-used as a gimmick and it is used subtly and never over the cinematic telling of the tale. Colours are rich and vibrant, the sound is beautiful and deeply immersive. Recommended.

The Nightmare Before Christmas (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray)
The Nightmare Before Christmas (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray)
Dvd ~ Tim Burton
Price: 12.50

5.0 out of 5 stars "Tender lumplings everywhere - Life's no fun without a good scare......, 13 Feb 2014
....That's our job, but we're not mean
In our town of Halloween"

Such a classic and gorgeous stop-motion animation film that is absolutely timeless.
If you are buying this in 3D then it is likely you are a fan and have already seen the film and sung along more times than you can count - so just let me say that the 3d blu-ray JUMPS off the screen and gives the effect of a multi-layered pop-up book effect - when it snows on-screen the snow looks like its landing on your carpet a foot and a half from the screen. The enviroments in the film have a genuine sense of crisp depth to them, colours are gorgeously rich and the TrueHD 7.1 / Dolby digital DTS delivers an enormously deep and rich punchy soundtrack that will have you cranking the sound up way too high to sing along.

Recommended for both the little-ones and big-kids alike. All the bonus features and materials from the collectors editions - Both 2D and 3D discs included in the box.

THE definitive experience that has you feeling like you are IN the Nightmare Before Christmas yourself.

Why Grizzly Bears Should Wear Underpants (The Oatmeal)
Why Grizzly Bears Should Wear Underpants (The Oatmeal)
by Matthew Inman
Price: 7.69

5.0 out of 5 stars There's something so funny about the oatmeal..., 13 Feb 2014
Its not just the brilliant observational social comedy that has you identifying and rolling on the floor with laughter, but the brilliant colourful art as well that has you grinning from ear-to-ear.
I am so happy The Oatmeal has taken off as a much loved site, brand and shop, it is so well-deserved.
This is a really nice collection of some of the best comic-strips / cartoons from The Oatmeal, and you get a free poster folded amongst it's pages as well.

Go to [...] - fall in love with the comic genius - then buy the book.

Long live The Oatmeal. :)

Indiana Jones And The Raiders Of The Lost Ark [Blu-ray]
Indiana Jones And The Raiders Of The Lost Ark [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Harrison Ford
Price: 8.50

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the jewel in the crown we've all been waiting for., 13 Feb 2014
Lets face it, for anyone who bought the blu-ray boxset a couple of years ago just to get their hands on the (at the time) exclusive blu-ray edition of 'Raiders'... you know you did. No one wants the turkey that is (even by Spielberg's and Ford's admissions) the second film, ..... the third's so-so, and don't even get me started on the abysmal fourth film.

THIS is the jewel in the boxset, the classic first and best - AT LAST available on it's own and at a great price to boot.
Gorgeous re-mastered picture, punchy crisp sound. I've waited years to get my hands on this singular title and was not disappointed. You will not be either!. Buy it! :)

"Wicked": The Grimmerie
"Wicked": The Grimmerie
by David Cote
Price: 19.71

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have for any fan of the musical, 13 Feb 2014
This was bought for the girlfriend and she as a fan of the musical (so much so she refuses to watch Sam Raimi's 'OZ') - she welled up with tears on opening this gorgeous book. As a graphic artist myself I have to say that the production value and care that went into the production of the book are second-to-none. Absolutely superb concept, execution, content and materials used are absolutely off-the-chart with regards to sheer quality. Definitely a book to be proud of.

Firefly - The Complete Series [Blu-ray] [2002]
Firefly - The Complete Series [Blu-ray] [2002]
Dvd ~ Nathan Fillion
Price: 15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - Funny - Inspired -, 14 Aug 2013
I doubt very much I can come up with anything profound or additional to say about this great TV series.
The sheer amount of positive reviews are testiment to this stroke of genius that has rightfully gathered such a cult-following.

Become a Browncoat today - you won't regret it!.

One Pound Fish (Radio Mix)
One Pound Fish (Radio Mix)
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I know you got sole!, 12 Jan 2013
I think this is the o-fish-al track from the artist and thought I'd review just for the halibut...
I first listened to this track in full after herring it round my mate's plaice and I reely thought it had sole. Spotting an oppot-tuna-ty to grab the brill-iant track for my self, i must say that now i am hooked!, and the guy is just krilling it with the bass-line, we listen to it whale we are getting ready to go out glubbin'.

I think this track dolphinately proves that any-fin is possible if you don't trout in yourself.
Have a listen!, mullet-over and let minnow if you like it, don't be koi and join in with the reviews!.

I was looking forward to the album, but i think one-pound fish man has been deported now, so the outlook looks bleak.

One Pound Fish
One Pound Fish
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I know you got sole!, 12 Jan 2013
This review is from: One Pound Fish (MP3 Download)

I think this track proves that any-fin is possible if you don't trout in yourself.

Page: 1 | 2