Profile for Mr J R Hartley > Reviews

Content by Mr J R Hartley

Mr J R Hartley (uk)

Page: 1 | 2
Sony PlayStation 4 Console (PS4)
Sony PlayStation 4 Console (PS4)
Price: 339.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent machine!, 1 Dec 2013
Improves on the Playstation 3 in every way and I mean every!

Updating was so quick (one of my main bug bares on the PS3)and took only 5 mins or so to update a huge first day patch. As is installing (hallelujah!) and although it is mandatory to install games upon first use, it allows you to start playing almost immediately (after installing about 5%) and will continue installing in th background as you play! Excellent touch! Graphics are pretty amazing and looks so much sharper that it's predecessor and things like multitasking is so slick and fast. For example, whilst playing in a game, pressing the PS button with instantaneously jump to the main Playstation menu where you can access anything you need, when you've finished pressing the PS button to return brings you back to your Game (again instantaneously) at the exact point of where you left and will continue without breaking a sweat like you never left! Very cool!

The game pad is worth a mention as although in pictures it looks very similar to the PS3's pads, in practice it is leagues ahead and much improved over its predecessor. It's slightly bigger and now boasts an excellent touchpad on the top, speakers in the middle and a headphone socket to use with the accompanying headphone/mic to control the ps4 with voice commands and to communicate with fellow gamers. The pad feels great in the hand and is much comfier to use for prolonged periods.

Overall, this is a great machine and comes highly recommend and can only get better!

Zyliss All Purpose Shears, Black and White
Zyliss All Purpose Shears, Black and White
Price: 13.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent kitchen shears., 1 Dec 2013
Impressive! Very sharp kitchen shears that come apart for easy cleaning. Makes light work of tough Salmon bones and breezes through chicken bones. Not tried on anything tougher but it's done well with everything we've thrown at it so far! If there is any niggle, is that the top handle could have a bit more of a recesses or be more 'grippier' as when it's wet, it's harder to grip tightly to get full leverage to power through tough items. Overall, very impressed!

Samsung Galaxy S4 Smartphone (16GB 3G/4G UK SIM-Free Unlocked) - Black
Samsung Galaxy S4 Smartphone (16GB 3G/4G UK SIM-Free Unlocked) - Black
Offered by hotdeals-no1
Price: 309.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Great phone but not a huge leap from S3..., 1 Dec 2013
I bought this phone to replace my broken Galaxy S3. First impressions were that it was a good looking phone that look more of a premium product than its predecessor. The screen is slightly bigger and even brighter and clearer and is very very impressive. First few days of using, I noticed a unusual self dimming effect on certain websites (even though all power saving options were turned off) but thankfully this has gradually gone over time and no longer a problem. Software wise, there's a few nifty gimmicks in its armoury but sadly are just that, gimmicks. Things like scrolling the screen with your eyes and flicking through pages through gestures are impressive to see the first few times but in real world situations just not very practical and not reliable enough to use on a regular basis.

To round it up, i'd say this phone is still one of the finest phones on the market today but not a huge step up from the S3 but I don't mean that in a negative way, only that they made such a splendid phone in the S3 the S4 had a tough act to follow...

eSecure - Stealth Infrared 3 Channel RC Metal Header Air Micro Mini Helicopter
eSecure - Stealth Infrared 3 Channel RC Metal Header Air Micro Mini Helicopter

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke after less than 5 minutes play., 1 Oct 2011
I bought this after breaking my Hobby Brand RC Heli. First impressions were good with a classy looking box and after unboxing the heli looked suitably classy, with a metal body and sturdy feel to it. I gave it a good long charge and tried it for the first time. It was pretty hard to control and lost charge pretty quickly. After another charge, I tried it again and found it no longer worked and just flew round in circles no matter how much trimming you did. Tried several more times and each time the same, just flies wildly in circles. Rubbish. Do not buy.

Zeemote JS1 Bluetooth Mobile Gaming Controller
Zeemote JS1 Bluetooth Mobile Gaming Controller

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes gaming on the go much more fun!, 1 Oct 2011
I bought this item after getting frustrated with playing games on my HTC HD's touchscreen. Although my phone wasn't listed on it's official website, I took a chance anyway and I am happy to report it works flawlessly on my standard HTC desire HD phone!

The product itself seems very sturdy and well put together although the buttons can seem a little bit plasticy and 'clicky'. The controller consists of an analogue stick, 2 main buttons and a recessed 'trigger' button, which is more than enough for most games. The controller can be used with one hand but because of it size, cramp fingers will be quick to set in, so I have found working it 2 handed works best (Left hand for stick control, right hand for button presses). So far I have only used it to run emulated games and it has made gaming on the go infinitely better!

Highly recommended (Especially at this price! Under [] when I bought it!)

PLASTIC BACK COVER FOR IPAD WIFI 3G: SOLID WHITE
PLASTIC BACK COVER FOR IPAD WIFI 3G: SOLID WHITE

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 23 Mar 2011
I was looking for a back plate for my new iPad, as it was getting a few scuffs and scratches. I didn't want a silicone case as I think it ruins the feel and asthetics of the iPad and I came across this. There wasn't many reviews and to be honest I didn't know anything about the product but for the price I thought i'd give it a try. When the product arrived i unpacked it and peeled off the protective film and snapped the shell in place and that was it! I'm happy to report it is a perfect fit and looks great! The plastic seems of high quality with a glossy sheen and is smooth to the touch. Its a very snug fit and has a cut out slot for where the volume button sits. It doesn't make the iPad any heavier but makes it ever so slightly thicker, which makes it sit a tiny bit more upright when sat in the iPad stand.

All in all, very happy with the product and will recommend!

Mad Catz PS3 Wireless Street Fighter IV FightPad - Chun-Li (PS3)
Mad Catz PS3 Wireless Street Fighter IV FightPad - Chun-Li (PS3)
Offered by gadgetsville
Price: 34.66

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok but flawed., 9 Sep 2010
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
I bought one of these to improve my game (as it has 2 rows of 3 buttons on the front) but it didn't live to expectaions. It has decent built quality but the D pad and ergonomics need improving (the pad game me cramp after 20 mins of hard play), but I could live with that. The deal breaker for me is that it is wireless and seems to work pretty well when the batteries are fully charged up or new but once the batteries started fading the inputs were flaky and would often skip button presses (and subsequently the character onscreen would get hit or even lose the game). If this pad would have been wired I would have given it 4 but as it stands its a 2.

Bic Crystal Ballpoint Pen, Medium Point, Black
Bic Crystal Ballpoint Pen, Medium Point, Black
Offered by Premier Life Store
Price: 0.94

2.0 out of 5 stars No extended warranty with this product., 15 Jun 2010
Recieved Bic Crystal a short while back and initially was very pleased with the product but after a couple of weeks usage it stopped working. There was no instruction manual, leads or power supply and didn't seem to be any way of charging it back up. I then decided to called the customer helpline regarding its warranty and to see if they would repair or replace it but the girl who answered my call just laughed and put the phone down on me. Very shoddy. Be warned.

Page: 1 | 2