Profile for Mr. S. Spickett > Reviews

Mr. S. Spickett

Neewer Durable 1/4"20 Tripod Screw to Flash Hot Shoe Mount Adapter
Neewer Durable 1/4"20 Tripod Screw to Flash Hot Shoe Mount Adapter

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and Nasty, 20 Feb. 2014
Cheap and Nasty; thread snapped off.

AVOID; NOT DURABLE; POOR QUALITY ALUMINIUM....

The tightening screw is also poor and does not line up

Shure SE315 In-Ear Sound Isolating Earphones - Black
Shure SE315 In-Ear Sound Isolating Earphones - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Shure SE315 Black; Bass heavy but value for money!, 18 Feb. 2013
Purchasing these at the end of January I have been impressed by the overall quality, especially sound isolation. My Colleagues have to throw things at me to get my attention, often complaining that shouting won't work to get my attention!! My usual response, is 'well, what can i say, I'm locked in, and if you had earphones half as good as these, you would be too!

My gripes: 1. Well, they are bass heavy, too bass heavy, often muffling treble and middle at high volume; rarely do I have volume at full but still, the sound is isolated and I hear nothing from the outside world; next solution is to 'pay' up the range I guess but an extra £200 or so is a bit steep . 2. When using Ipod, on occasion it switches from mono to stereo, from one ear to another but most commonly right side, but by all accounts this is a known fault and all i do is just push the driver a little harder in to the socket; but with the two year warranty, get it back off to them.

My Praise: Sturdy, heavy weight kevlar lined cable; good little carry case; intelligent design to fit perfectly in the ear, just takes a few days to become accustomed, but they aren't meant for just popping out of your ear between conversations. Numerous ear buds to fit even the biggest lug hole and a handy 'wax pick' to clean them. The buds are a little deceptive and it seems that when changing them (the foam ones) you all but virtually destroy it, especially with sweaty hands, but low and behold, it reshapes itself..Great! ...also they have plasticy/rubber ones as well, but don't shape to your earhole as well.

Living in India, I can say that I have found these essential as I travel to the city centre by auto rickshaw, blocking everything out, (Traffic, barking dogs at night, e.t.c.) but as I said, what is missing is the clean treble at the top end; Great for psy trance, electronic, but a bit short on classical and clean acoustics... But, still for £130, I believe them to be excellent value for money!

Speck Aluminum Unibody See Thru Satin for 15-inch MacBook Pro - Black
Speck Aluminum Unibody See Thru Satin for 15-inch MacBook Pro - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Speck Case for MAC Book Pro 15", 7 Jun. 2011
I purchased my case in February 2010 as I needed some solid protection for my Mac as I was travelling a great deal to rural areas in India. Definitely great for protection but does not fair to well in humid and hot environments. After about 3mths the skin started to peel but in all fairness the battered look, made it look less 'nickable'.

But, now, over a year later and numerous journeys, it is time to replace it for another one.

Excellent: Protection.

Poor: In warmer climates as its matt exterior scratches incredibly easy.

[[ASIN:B003ODSX1I Speck Aluminum Unibody See Thru Satin for 15-inch MacBook Pro - Black]

Shake Hands With The Devil [DVD]
Shake Hands With The Devil [DVD]
Dvd ~ Roméo Dallaire

5.0 out of 5 stars Shake hands with the Devil, 4 Mar. 2008
I first saw this documentary on either Channel 4 or BBC4; which had an impact on me that urged me to read the book.
I found the book as emotive as the film and at times haunting.

I am very suprised that it has taken approximately 3 years for it to be released on DVD in the UK
I would urge anyone that has even a brief interest in Rwanda and the horrors of 1994 to go out and buy this as well as the book.

Romeo Dallaire, was one brave dude that had he's hands tied by the very people that he was working for; He consistently reported back on a daily basis, the documented horrors and reccomendations for action...That was ignored.

A truly moving piece of work, often violent, however always highlighting ignorance, procrastination and constant bureaucracy which ultimately led to the deaths of 800,000 Rwandans.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 19, 2014 6:56 PM BST