Profile for Signing mum > Reviews

Content by Signing mum

Signing mum "Signing mum" (UK)

Innotek Spray Commander Remote Anti Bark Dog Collar
Innotek Spray Commander Remote Anti Bark Dog Collar
Offered by Electric-fencing

3.0 out of 5 stars Use with caution, 31 Aug. 2011
These collars definitely have their uses but be careful about which types of dog you use them on. I have a challenging rescue border collie who used to chase joggers and cyclists and leap up at people. He is also aggressive to other dogs and has been so since a tiny pup. I considered whether to use one of these collars for quite some time before purchasing. I must add that ever since he was 10 weeks old he has been to the same training classes as my older border collie with whom I do competition obedience and agility so I did not see this collar as a quick fix in isolation but as part of a wider training programme and only after other methods were not working! I think the collar did help with the jogger and bike chasing and with the jumping up at everyone, something which he very rarely does these days. What I realise in hindsight however is that his aggression to other dogs is totally fear based and because of this I think the collar actually made his aggression to other dogs worse, something which I have been and will probably always be working hard to reverse. The collar is well made and functions as it says, I have no complaints on this score but please consider carefully if it meets your and your dog's needs. I have now passed the collar on to a friend with a poo-eating confident lab and it is working well to stop this behaviour. Probably not a great product for a nervous dog.

PetSafe ST-85 Spray Commander Training Collar
PetSafe ST-85 Spray Commander Training Collar
Offered by Electric-fencing

3.0 out of 5 stars Use with caution, 31 Aug. 2011
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 19, 2014 12:30 PM BST