ARRAY(0xaa703324)

New Looks from Barbara Daly
New Looks from Barbara Daly
by Barbara Daly

4.0 out of 5 stars She's the master, 8 Jun 2012
This book may be getting on a bit now - like me, but when you look at make up techniques and styles nowadays, it is amazing how similar they are to Barbara's in this book. There are great pictures, and simple to follow techniques for applying make up and creating the looks in the book. As someone who has never felt particularly adept at applying make up, this book was a bit of a revelation and helped change me from an avoider to an artist. Highly recommend.

Shang-a-Lang: Life as an International Pop Idol
Shang-a-Lang: Life as an International Pop Idol
by Irvine Welsh
Price: 12.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Roller-lover, 8 Jun 2012
Always wanted to know what went on with the Rollers behind the scenes, and this doesn't disappoint. This book gives a good account of the situation from Les's point of view and for BCR fans, it is information we should all have. Some good pics too, bringing nostalgia for the boys back to the front of my mind.

Taking on the World
Taking on the World
by Ellen MacArthur

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly inspirational, 8 Jun 2012
This review is from: Taking on the World (Hardcover)
I felt the book was truly written in her own words. And why not, it was her story to tell - and what a story! At times I could feel her tension and fear and elation. A truly inspirational story. Made me feel like I could achieve anything - not that I'd want to do what she did as I'm scared of water. Welcome change from the celebrity bios fluffed out with nothing more than too many adjectives. Highly recommend to others.

Bosstrology: The Twelve Bastard Bosses of the Zodiac
Bosstrology: The Twelve Bastard Bosses of the Zodiac
by Adele Lang

5.0 out of 5 stars Read me if you dare!, 8 Jun 2012
This makes funny and at times slightly cringy reading. I found myself immediately checking out my own star sign nightmare boss profile. Then I moved on to others at work. It was scary how near to the knuckle some of it was. It was passed around work for ages and everyone had a big old laugh at it and an opinion on it. Recommend as a present for a like-minded/broad-minded colleague.

Tickling the English
Tickling the English
by Dara O Briain

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, chatty observations, 8 Jun 2012
This review is from: Tickling the English (Hardcover)
Dara is a funny man, so it's no surprise he writes funny stuff. His observations are keen, comical and interesting. Great 'dip in and out' bathroom book. Highly recommend.

Collins Camcorder Questions and Answers
Collins Camcorder Questions and Answers
by Steve Parker

4.0 out of 5 stars Gave me all the answers I needed, 8 Jun 2012
I was having a few problems with my abilities with a camcorder, so bought this and liked the way it seemed to know the problems I had, anticipated my questions and gave clear, simple, straightforward answers that even I could understand. It made life easier and my filming was much improved. Liked the way I could keep dipping back in when I developed a new problem. Good teaching and reference book.

Fantasy Football Diary
Fantasy Football Diary
by David Baddiel

4.0 out of 5 stars Welcome blast from the Past, 8 Jun 2012
This review is from: Fantasy Football Diary (Hardcover)
Loved and miss Fantasy Football with Baddiel and Skinner. TV footy's not the same without it. This diary gave me some of that back. It is not year-specific, so you don't need to worry about it going out of date. It has funnies, and football facts on specific dates with room to write in any of your own footy tidbits on your local team or international competitions. Recommend for football and B&S fans anywhere.

Volkswagen Illustrated Buyer's Guide (Illustrated buyer's guides)
Volkswagen Illustrated Buyer's Guide (Illustrated buyer's guides)
by Peter Vack

4.0 out of 5 stars Beginner's guide to VW, 7 Jun 2012
I am a confirmed Beetle lover, so this was a must buy for me as I wanted to know more about the Beetle and VW too. It fitted the bill. Lots of pictures, lots of information. Good bathroom reference material.

Don't Kiss Them Good Bye
Don't Kiss Them Good Bye
by Allison Dubois

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy, interesting read, 7 Jun 2012
Someone bought this for me as a gift because they learned I watched Medium, the series based on the real Allison Dubois. This is Allison's first story of her life. It was an easy, interesting read. Not sure how much, or what I believe about this stuff, but this book is very much written as a story that doesn't push any views on you, and I liked that about it. Some of the examples (whether we believe they are real or not) are fascinating.

The Burn Journals
The Burn Journals
by Brent Runyon

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling read, 7 Jun 2012
This review is from: The Burn Journals (Hardcover)
This is the kind of book that I both loved and hated. Loved, because it is so well written and a compelling, fascinating story, especially because it's real. Hated, because some of the bits are things I didn't want to know, but because it's so gripping, I just couldn't put it down. If you're going to read it, prepare yourself for brutal honesty and a lot of learning. Thoroughly recommend.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10