Profile for Boudicco > Reviews

Content by Boudicco

Boudicco

Page: 1 | 2
Ensorcelé - Pour l'amour d'une reine (French Edition)
Ensorcelé - Pour l'amour d'une reine (French Edition)

4.0 out of 5 stars Ensorcelé par ensorcelé, 11 Feb 2014
I have read the first 60% of this novel and though it is written in prose I find Marjorie Loup's style of writing quite poetic in many instances. This is not my usual genre; the setting involves an enchanted kingdom with some androgynous beings, mythical creatures, unusual materials and fabrics and devices that reflect our current technology and beyond. Marjorie Loup uses only French words and avoids 'franglais'. I cannot comment on the pages as yet unread but it has gripped my imagination reasonably well so far.

Elmer 15cm Wooden Pull Along (Multicoloured)
Elmer 15cm Wooden Pull Along (Multicoloured)
Offered by Buy-For-Less-Online

4.0 out of 5 stars great - no batteries, no sound, 6 Dec 2013
What else can you say about a wooden elephant on wooden wheels? It's good to return occasionally to toys whose concept has been around for years. No batteries, no leads, no flashing lights, no sound. The 12 month old young man who is the new owner has not gone crazy about it, but then with so many other toys around him plus the people he loves it's no wonder! I'm sure he will play with it more when he has time.

Finding Graceland [DVD]
Finding Graceland [DVD]
Dvd ~ Harvey Keitel

4.0 out of 5 stars slightly supernatural and feel good, 6 Dec 2013
This review is from: Finding Graceland [DVD] (DVD)
Harvey Keitel was excellent and I was amazed to see Bridget Fonda become Marilyn Monroe. There is an underlying agenda that suggests that all the incidents take place for a pre-destined reason. A feel good movie.

Son
Son

3.0 out of 5 stars Talented and original artist, 6 Dec 2013
This review is from: Son (Audio CD)
I bought this CD and will play it again from time to time. Some of the production arrangements are unusual and original - this is always something that goes down well with me. I have awarded the CD three stars because it did not really fire my imagination. I will look out for other works from Juana Molina.

Confidence [DVD] [2003]
Confidence [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Edward Burns
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars My confidence in the purchase justified, 23 Nov 2013
This review is from: Confidence [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
Very good heist movie. It has elements of 'The Sting' and it is a believable storyline. The male and female leads, Edward Burns and Rachel Weisz are very good and there is a chemistry between them. Dustin Hoffman's character is a great creation - credit to the actor. I enjoyed the film.

Je suis le un pour cent: Tout a un prix... (French Edition)
Je suis le un pour cent: Tout a un prix... (French Edition)

4.0 out of 5 stars un pour cent coté quatre-vingt pour cent, 23 Nov 2013
I bought this to improve my understanding of the French language and I have read 40% of the book thus far. The story is based around an executive manager in his early thirties, who works for a multinational corporation whose head office is in the United States. The author describes Bruno's colleagues, life-style, aspirations and his observations on life. The good parts of the story include the descriptions of the power plays and put-downs that are so credible. One disappointment for me is the author employs too much "franglais" but I would imagine that any top executive working for a USA-based company would absorb and use much of these foreign words, even amongst native French speakers alone. There is also a bit too much repetition. The descriptions, both physical and character-related, of Bruno's work colleagues are excellent. IThe novel depicts male-dominated control of big business and how the key players relax.
Having now finished this book, it turned out to be about a journey, a path of self-discovery and enlightenment. The second half of the both was quite improved.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 6, 2014 11:37 AM GMT

Le Pacte des loups - Édition 2 DVD Version longue inedite. (French language only, no subtitles)
Dvd ~ Monica BELLUCCI

5.0 out of 5 stars Un film trés original, 29 Oct 2013
I bought this version as I much prefer the unedited ones. I have been studying French and did not mind there being no English sub-titles. I have already watched it twice and the first time I switched on the French sub-titles to help me to follow the plot. The film is very original, and combines everything: friendship, great fight scenes, romance, duplicity, honour, tragedy, legend, mysticism, discovery, historical adventure and a good ending.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars design out of proportion, 26 Sep 2013
Most often my shirt size is L, so I ordered size L of the Craghoppers Kiwi shirt. It turned out to be a perfect fit in the body and sleeves but the neck was far too large - at least XXL. The shirt material looked ideal, but because of the design being out of proportion I returned the shirt. One star for the product, 5 stars for the delivery and after sales service that included a full refund.

The Very Best Of Pat Benatar
The Very Best Of Pat Benatar
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Distinctive voice and great productions, 16 May 2013
I decided to buy this album on the strength of Pat Benatar's Love is a Battlefield I remembered from the eighties. I was not disappointed, most of the tracks are great and I continually play this album. Not only has Pat Benatar a great rock voice, but the arrangements are so well suited to her vocals that they complement each other perfectly.

How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days/Sliding Doors/Ghost [DVD] [2003]
How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days/Sliding Doors/Ghost [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Kate Hudson
Offered by gowingsstoreltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Three very good films, 16 May 2013
I had seen both Ghost and Sliding Doors before and enjoyed them so much. Ghost is very original because it presents the ghost's view of events as well as how his bereaved girlfiend copes in the days following his untimely death. Fine performances from Patrick Swayze, Demi Moore, Tony Goldwyn and Whoopi Goldberg.
Sliding Doors is an interesting concept of parallel worlds that ultimately converge to the same solution, but by albeit different routes. Great acting by Gwyneth Paltrow and John Hannah and the supporting cast. Both these films I rate as 5 out of 5 stars.
How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days is easy enough to watch, but rather predictable in its outcome, hence I would rate this film 3 out of 5 stars on its own.

Page: 1 | 2