Profile for Shaahin > Reviews

Fools of Chelm and Their History
Fools of Chelm and Their History
by Isaac Bashevis Singer

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it, 6 July 2015
I loved its humour. It was amazing, really enjoyable

Toxic Parents
Toxic Parents

5.0 out of 5 stars Painfully Healing., 6 July 2015
This review is from: Toxic Parents (Kindle Edition)
It opened my eyes. Almost changed my life. What do I expect more from a book? (I have been a resilient reader in recent years in order to find the roots of my unhappiness, lack of self-satisfaction, and so on. Finding the roots and then healing myself, freeing myself from them. This book has been one of the influentials that I have read. Really changed my interpretation of my childhood events and helped me to heal. But I believe what one gets from a book is a subjective matter -to somehow- and also matter of the previous books and future books that one read or will read. Yes, you will come back to the notions of this book over and over. )

The Evil Within (PS4)
The Evil Within (PS4)

1.0 out of 5 stars disaster. makes you laugh instead of scared., 6 July 2015
This review is from: The Evil Within (PS4) (Video Game)
It is not only the collection of time-worn clichés of this genre, but absolutely the most banal ones have been handpicked. I played almost 20% of the game and it was vastly disappointing specially if you have played and loved games such as The Last of US. Well the two are not totally comparable BUT the graphics, the physics, the modeling, the story ( thanks the creators "the evil within" does not suffer from any sensible story. Just non-sense events on a very shaky storyline) and ... the vibe! the atmosphere! This game has no fearful atmosphere AT ALL.
Let me give you one point that totally contains everything: You have to break all the wooden boxes (which move and float like gas baloons rather than actual wooden boxes) in order to gain some sort of liquid that afterwards you use to improve your character's powers! Can you believe it? you have to break the boxes and inside them for no reason there are character-improvements. It is like Mario or any childish game from 1990.

The AI is ridiculous. I swear there is no AI in the sense of AI, just If-then commands! The zombies commute in predefined routes for no reason. Even after detecting you they don't show any bright reaction, just growling and a bit of astray then start stupid commuting. How come I am supposed to be scared of these stupid, super stupid, cubic low-res creatures?

An Introduction to General Systems Thinking
An Introduction to General Systems Thinking
by Gerald M. Weinberg

5.0 out of 5 stars Matchless, 28 Jun. 2015
I have read the kindle version and then ordered this paper version. It is dense. I need to read and re-read its parts and chapters because every time I get deeper understanding. The important thing is, this book and its examples and notions will be part of your mindset. It improves your mental models, the models that you think through them. I haven't read such a well written book on fundamentals of system thinking. A must read for anyone who is interested in thinking and ,indeed, better thinking

The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel [DVD]
The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel [DVD]
Dvd ~ Maggie Smith

1.0 out of 5 stars banal, 28 Jun. 2015
I went to a local cinema to watch this movie. It was a weekend night and this movie made it a remarkably wasted one. I couldn't bear it. The plot is full of cliches and saturated with stupidity. It is like a stupid scenario for promoting tourism in India. The humor is super banal. It's a copy-paste comic scenes from the other banal movies, just imagine how much unoriginal it is with all the stereotypes and sh*t. The producers have to pay people to watch this protracted advertisement. Don't waste your money, and more important: don't waste your time on this garbage.

The Art of Travel
The Art of Travel

5.0 out of 5 stars avidly joyful, 22 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Art of Travel (Kindle Edition)
I read it one year ago and it is still alive in my mind with elaborated concepts and beatiful notions. Worth to read twice

Coffee Break Spanish 1: Lessons 1-5 - Learn Spanish in your coffee break
Coffee Break Spanish 1: Lessons 1-5 - Learn Spanish in your coffee break

5.0 out of 5 stars joyful!, 23 May 2013
Well, although it is early for evaluating the "coffee break spanish" series, I feel great of finding it on web. First, I started by the podcasts which are free but then I found out that I need to have its texts in front of me while listening to podcasts. Now I have finished the lessons 1-5 and I really enjoyed it, much more than previous resources which I used for learning Spanish.
I am at the beggining of the road of Spañol but I want to recommend this combination of podcasts and textbooks for learning to other beginners. You will learn easly and happily!

English Grammar For Dummies
English Grammar For Dummies

1.0 out of 5 stars Australian Edition!, 25 Mar. 2013
Be careful! I bought this book as I read before a grammar for dummies without reading its description and surprisingly found out this is "an Australian Edition" of grammar!!!!! yes it is written on the cover with a micro-font you can hardly notice.

My money has been wasted and I don't want the book. If you are seeking for a Australian English grammar maybe this is an appropriate choice otherwise DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY!

TRIXES 40 Classic Soft Ear Foam Ear Plugs Protectors Earplugs for Sleeping
TRIXES 40 Classic Soft Ear Foam Ear Plugs Protectors Earplugs for Sleeping
Offered by Digiflex

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, 29 July 2012
Hi everyone
As I hate noise and as a consequence of living in noisy places, it is more than a one year that i use earplugs from any brand and any sort.
This was the worst by far. They made my ears itchy and did not fit well. Also in a short period that they were in my ears I was hearing backdrop noise effortlessly.

As i have said, I have used many different kinds of plugs from foams to waxes. Go to a pharmacy and buy a tustable brand although for higher price because this one is another prove of the cheap price-cheap quality correlation.

Page: 1 | 2