Profile for Allan Kelly > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Honourable Schoolboy
The Honourable Schoolboy

3.0 out of 5 stars Compelling - But Unrewarding, 11 Feb 2014
I really wanted to know what the story is here - but that's such hard work to keep track of. This feels like an early draft of the Great Novel.

Not a patch on Tinker, Tailor but if you want the Smiley story this is essential.

It Goes, It Goes (Forever & Ever)
It Goes, It Goes (Forever & Ever)
Offered by positivenoise

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 24 Oct 2013
I wish this did go on forever!

Beautiful, powerful, great depth.

Mogwai meets Portico Quartet is roughly what you're getting.

This deserves a huge amount of attention.

Guitar Chords (New Chart) Music Maxi Poster Print - 61x91 cm
Guitar Chords (New Chart) Music Maxi Poster Print - 61x91 cm
Offered by Poster Revolution UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but strangely defective, 24 Oct 2013
It's a poster. What could possibly go wrong?

Well, it could omit the major 5th chord for every key.

Doh.

Still, a marker pen and it's fixed! If you don't mind that then 42p + £2.99 delivery is OK.

Europa A4 7-Part Organiser - Green
Europa A4 7-Part Organiser - Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential, 6 Sep 2013
I am replacing one of these after nearly 20 years of use. My existing one is battered, dog-eared, the elastic isn't very elastic any more - but it's much loved and has done its job day in day out. I'll be delighted to have a new one - but I'll be keeping my old one!

IVSO® Slim Bluetooth Keyboard / Stand / Carrying Cover for iPad Mini (WHITE Keys)
Offered by Gambolex

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 28 May 2013
I use this for work travel. It's brilliant. Long, long battery life, blackberry/kindle type charger (i.e. easy to find) and connects easily every time. Highly recommended.

The iPad is clever enough to stop popping up the on-screen keyboard when a bluetooth keyboard is connected as well so this works brilliantly with all typing and Citrix Receiver is great.

Sevylor Double Paddle For Inflatable Kayak with aluminium shaft
Sevylor Double Paddle For Inflatable Kayak with aluminium shaft

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent piece of kit, 28 May 2013
I use this with my paddleboard + a seat. It works a treat. It i very tight - that's good! - and a little oil or waxy chain lube (which I use) makes it easy to fit together.

As for the drip-catchers - aren't people moany?! They are cup-shaped rings and work very well in my opinion. You're in the water, you're going to get a little wet!

For this money, it's impossible to complain. 5* easily!

Learn Italian with Paul Noble (Collins)
Learn Italian with Paul Noble (Collins)
by Paul Noble
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 26 Jan 2013
This is not a "trick". It is logical, step-wise learning.

I hate the usual "learn the sounds" style of tourist phrase books. I can't take them in.

This says "here is a language element, here is how to use it."

Then it says "put these elements together to make a sentence."

It's just perfect for me, none of this learning is throw-away, and it's interesting.

Most of all, I can just have it on in the background and still learn.

Highly recommended!

Logitech Wireless Speaker Adaptor for Bluetooth Audio Devices
Logitech Wireless Speaker Adaptor for Bluetooth Audio Devices

4.0 out of 5 stars Nearly perfect, 22 Jan 2013
Works without fuss. It's great to stream sound from phones/iPads/laptops to the good stereo. I've found no problems with range, with my iPhone in a dock in the kitchen and playing to the next door room.

One star off for not being able to change the name of the device. I would like one of these in my children's bedroom and another downstairs. If I buy another I'll have 2 devices with the same name. I've searched Logitech support forums and there isn't a solution.

Apart from that niggle, highly recommended.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 14, 2013 9:09 PM GMT

Comply Tx-400 Isolation PLUS Earphone Tips - (Small) Black
Comply Tx-400 Isolation PLUS Earphone Tips - (Small) Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Pricey but work great, 18 Jan 2013
I have a rotten time keeping earbuds in. I've not found any that I can relax with, even with pulling my ears in all directions and drilling the damn things in there.

Until now! These fit neatly onto my Soundmagic S10s. Initially (first few seconds) I thought I was going to be disappointed, but then the foam expanded gently and THESE STAY IN! As a major bonus, the sound is enhanced. I've turned the volume down and the music is clear and crisp.

All in all then, I think these 3 pairs will probably last me a year or so, so £20 delivered is OK I guess. But for some little pieces of foam these are spendy - but very effective. A star off for price.

iPad Mini TPU Gel Skin Case / Cover with Position for Smart Cover - Green
iPad Mini TPU Gel Skin Case / Cover with Position for Smart Cover - Green
Offered by ClickJunkie

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal case for use with Apple Smart Cover, 5 Jan 2013
This case comes in 2 versions - this one has a space for the Smart Cover. It fits easily, makes the iPad Mini more comfortable to hold and actually makes the whole thing work better. Very cheap and excellent product.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3