Profile for Lucii book-lover Grubb > Reviews

Content by Lucii book-lov...

Lucii book-lover Grubb

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
Charming the Outback: Destiny Romance
Charming the Outback: Destiny Romance

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE LOVE LOVED THIS!, 22 Dec. 2014

Maddy McIntyre packs up and head to outback Australia for a teaching position at a local school. But that's not her only priority to travelling a long a way for a career. Ex - boyfriend Luke White moved back to the Hill in outback aussie to run the family station and working the mines. Maddy desperately wants him back but does he feel the same way? What will become of Maddy living out of her comfort zone of city slicker life?

I love Leesa's style of writing and the language portrayed, I also love the quotes. I did get a little frustrated at Maddy's attitude right at the end and wanted to shake her silly but that didn't deter my 5* rating. I've learned a lot reading this series, with Australian football and what happens at a station and all the work put into it.
Looking forward to reading more from Leesa.

This book is aimed at mature audiences of 18+ with scenes of sexual nature.

Winning the Player: Destiny Romance
Winning the Player: Destiny Romance

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great read, frustrating at times. But loved it!, 22 Dec. 2014
4.8***

Aubree Taylor travelled around the world for two years after a devastating knee injury which caused her to stop playing basketball, which was her life. Upon returning to Adelaide, Australia, she goes on a much deserved night out with best friend maddie. When drinking the night away, she runs into someone she really doesn't want to see, after a previous alteration before her travels left her flustered and embarrassed.
Hunter Stone is a big time football star, arrogant and big headed, he has the world falling at his feet, any woman he wants. But the woman he's pined after for two years had run away travelling. Will these two find a happy ever after? Or will Aubree's level headedness push him too far?

At first I struggled to get into this story, maybe because I've never read a sport romance book before and didn't know what to expect. I soon got sucked into the storyline and the characters, and vividly imagined watching this instead of reading it. After the initial resistance of getting into it, I got hooked and simply loved almost every minute. Though the stubbornness of each character annoyed me lightly it didn't put me off.

This is a contemporary romance novel aimed for mature audiences of over 18 with sexual scenes.

Blessed (The United Series Book 1)
Blessed (The United Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Different....very different., 22 Dec. 2014
Ardra is just your average university student, she studies she has her best friend, piper, and loving parents. normal. With money.
on her 21st birthday, her father buys her a beautiful necklace that he claims he Brought in a cruise he went on with her mother. When she wears this intricate, delicate necklace, she feels warm bad fuzzy....at first. weeks down the line she has at fainting spell and has an out of body experience to a secret garden, there a man is waiting, but she doesn't trust him.
later down the line she has a random dog which was attached to her porch of her house. He's obedient and they keep him, he then turns out to be something Ardra wasn't quite aware of.
Chaos is what his name describes. He causes mischief and is destructive along his mission to success. A war takes place between good and evil but who succeed?

I don't intend to enjoy paranormal books or fantasy but this was quite an enjoyable read, though in places I felt a bit confused it captured my attention and I really wanted to know what happened. The ending was spectacular and this book even had a little humour in it. The confusion it caused me part way through the book is the only reason I down rated it a star. but on the contrary, it's extremely well written.

*Reviewed on behalf of Book-lover bookblog *

Right Click, Love
Right Click, Love

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant short read :), 22 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Right Click, Love (Kindle Edition)
Jodi and Louise are 2 single woman who run a blog of their dating disasters. Starting with blind dates to speed dating they never have any luck. When will their luck change?

A quick quirky read full of laughter and grumbles. As always with M. B. Feeney's books, it gets your attention instantaneously and has you reading it til the very end.

Brilliant :)

Carnal Persuasion (Severed MC Book 4)
Carnal Persuasion (Severed MC Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE THIS SERIES! *fans face*, 22 Dec. 2014
Carnal Persuasion, book four in Sever MC series, brings us more joy, more sorrow, more lovin', and more....well you get the picture. As Severed MC settle back into life after the devastation from book three, trying to get back to normal, more ruckus is caused that can bring more sorrow and devastation to not only severed MC but to Carnal MC also. But who's behind it this time?

eeek! wow another fantastic book in the SERIES! This one less...painful to my emotions then the last three, thankfully. I still love all the characters but cowboy is my favourite of the bunch! Absolutely fantastic!

This series is aimed at mature audience of over 18 with lots of violence and scenes that are hot to trot.

Carnal Desire (Severed MC Book 2)
Carnal Desire (Severed MC Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't know whether to love the authors or hate them >.<, 22 Dec. 2014
Carnal desire, book two in the Severed MC series, brings us a whole lot more of evilness.
Eve, thinking she's finally safe to return home to her baby girl, Elizabeth, boards the plane not knowing pure evil is on her heels. Heart breaking in two, she can't hide her shattered emotions and let's it all out to the girl next to her on the plane. They become fast friends and plan to meet back up after disembarking the plane and grabbing the tube to London. When Eve finally arrives home to an over excited 2 year old, she's still oblivious to the danger she's in. Gabe, best known as Angel, boards a plane to chase his girl knowing she's in serious danger. when getting to the train station with Ink and Cowboy, Ink spots a hot blonde, Elle...what a coincidence. Anyway, Ink and elle hit it off and end up travelling together before returning to Australia after the others.
Back in Australia all hell breaks lose, in more ways then one. Who survives? who will die?

I swear to all the gods I've never had so many frickin emotions swirling around my head at the same time! frustration, anger and yes, I shed a hell of a lot tears. Because this was left on such a cliffhanger I'm carrying straight on to book three. I bid you a due....its calling my name! THIS I A MUST READ PEOPLE!

This is aimed at mature audience of 18+ with lots of sex and lots of violence.

Severed Justice (Severed MC Book 3)
Severed Justice (Severed MC Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm really getting lost for words at this series!, 22 Dec. 2014
Severed Justice brings us more violence, drama and heartache....frustration, hatred and laughs. I feel like I know these burly biker men. This series is so fantastic that I'm not sure I'll ever get enough of it! I've shed so many tears...remind me for waterproof mascara in future! This isn't for the faint hearted, or the emotional like me haha. Justice, Cowboy, Angel, Prez and Ink. I love them all!

This book (and the rest of the series) is aimed at mature audiences of 18+ with lots of violence and sexual scenes.

Severed Angel (Severed MC Book 1)
Severed Angel (Severed MC Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Holy wowzer!, 22 Dec. 2014
Eve sets out on a journey across the world to Australia, to be maid of honour at her best friend's wedding. Teresa gave her strict instructions upon arriving that she must stay in a bed and breakfast for the night...but does Eve listen? nope. She drives and finds herself in an precarious situation that will endanger her her whole stay. Severed MC is Teresa ' s old man's club, along with her father. Eve doesn't know what she gets herself into and frightening of rivals, Carnal MC. Whilst staying at the compound for the club, she meets a hot hot hot guy names Angel...real name Gabe. But does their lusty relationship keep eve from going home to her baby girl?

Holy frickin cow! so many emotions throughout this part one or two...One being frustration, at the end I shouted at my kindle...It was close to flying out the Window! The story is captivating and sexy as hell, with added humour and shower sex :D I loved all the characters and their personalities and generally everything about this book!

Aimed at mature audiences of 18+ !!!

Strip Back: Eric's Story (Naked Night's)
Strip Back: Eric's Story (Naked Night's)
by Ava Manello

5.0 out of 5 stars HOT HOT HOT, 22 Dec. 2014
Strip Back brings us Eric and Christy, and they're own personal story. Erica being a male stripper, quits his job to start something new. He meets one of the old strippers at a bar to discuss his mega plan and meets Christy. Christy is American, pretty and laid back. Her stay in England is coming to a close but what will happen?

This short story captures your attention from the very beginning. The writing style is amazing and eye catching and all the characters are awesome. The way they're described, you feel like you know them personally. Great read!

This story contains a lot of sexual scenes and is aimed for a more mature audience of 18+

*Reviewed on behalf of Book-lover book blog

Red Hot Alphas: 11 Novels of Sexy, Bad Boy, Alpha Males (Red Hot Boxed Sets Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars It's all in the name <3, 17 Dec. 2014
Though I found some of the stories hard to get into, I did enjoy the context and structure of the boxset. My favourite being Micah by Jo Raven.
Red Hot Alpha is what it's name implies... the males are Red and hot and totally Alpha...Sex on legs in my opinion.

Highly recommend this box set!

Aimed at mature audiences of 18+