Profile for Lucii book-lover Grubb > Reviews

Content by Lucii book-lov...

Lucii book-lover Grubb "L.Grubb" (Southampton, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
Spin Me Round Book 1 (Spin Me Series)
Spin Me Round Book 1 (Spin Me Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing start to the serial, 26 Jun. 2015
Garnet Delaware is a well known DJ, with a social media reach to match a famous singer, who dreams bit and parties hard.
Here we meet her and girlfriend Lena as they begin their journey to DJing fame, but this comes at cost to Garnet. Will she have what it takes? or crash and burn?

I loved that this story is different, it goes into this story with serious deliberation and carefully construed around a lesbian relationship. This isn't too much and isn't too little for readers. It's a quirky and drama filled start to this 3 part series of novellas, and I for one loved it.

Love Heals The Heart
Love Heals The Heart

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely hilarious!, 17 Jun. 2015
4.5*

I love Diane's writing. I love that this was different from her first book, more drama filled and completely hilarious! there were twists and turns around every corner and the banter is just priceless. Gracie had a drunken episode in this and she was so funny it made me snort....very unlady like. My heart stopped close to the end and I was like hot damn no! but when I reached the end I was crying with happy tears. I loved the characters and their endless misgivings. with chance encounters and terrifying ordeals, Diane really pulled this through. I did find it a little hard to get in to, but once I was in, I didn't want to get out.

if you love a good comedy and a good romance, you will love this. it's different, quirky and drama filled to the brim! I look forward to reading more from this fantastic author.

Stalker
Stalker

5.0 out of 5 stars Holy moly! This is insanity!, 17 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Stalker (Kindle Edition)
Stalker is something you don't read at night, or when your home alone. Phoenix is a man set out on revenge against the one girl who broke him. The one who sent him to prison. It's her turn to die.
This story has everything a book needs, it's explosive, imaginative and full of surprises. It's violent, it's bloody and it's hot as hell. The is the must read of 2015!

Aimed at audiences of 18+ with graphic violence and sexual content not suitable for younger readers.

Six Years
Six Years

5.0 out of 5 stars Massive 5 stars for Stephanie Witter's best book yet!, 9 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Six Years (Kindle Edition)
Little B and Big No have a bond you can only envision; strong and protecting. But Big No, or Nolan, hits 18 and leaves for New York to embark on a journey towards his dreams, leaving behind Little B, or Brooklyn. 6 years later Nolan returns to his hometown of Riverdale to tend to his dying mother, a mother who neglected him growing up; chose drugs over her own son. Little B isn't little anymore. She's now 18 and rebel to some extent. When there paths cross, after 6 years of no contact, will the still have the bond of steel? or will Brooklyn carry on with life without him?

I love all of Stephanie's work, but this one's trumps the top! absolutely fantastic! There is never a dull moment and your forever getting whiplash. This story was full of hope, despair and heart wrenching moments. I was forever drying my eyes, whether giggling or sobbing, this story will move you like no other. phenomenal!

Aimed at audience of 18+

Rocking Danni (The Rocking Series Book 5)
Rocking Danni (The Rocking Series Book 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Rockstar romance on a whole new level., 29 May 2015
After a few years of her friends being on tour with hot rock band, flix, they return to find Danni stuck in an abusive relationship. Danni, trying and failing, to keep the peace at home for her daughter's sake, she takes the opportunity to leave, albeit compliantly. Danni finds her and her daughter on the streets, with nowhere to go, and fear in her eyes. When Will finds her in her car, not going anywhere, he becomes worries and takes her home with him, along with Skye. Will Danni and Will remain safe at his mini mansion? Will her abusive ex come back?

Love this series and I love Danni! She's the sweetest of the lot, with no attitude and high spirit. I loved the twist in this story and how everything panned out. I also love the typical British writing style that pulls you into the story. Love Kacey Hamford's books!

Summer Fire: Love When It's Hot
Summer Fire: Love When It's Hot

5.0 out of 5 stars Explosive!, 26 May 2015
Review based on KILLER by Clarissa Wild

Holy crap. This book is EXPLOSIVE. With lots a drama and suspense, this stuck me to my seat and had me biting my nails with nerves. As always, Clarissa has exceeded in another FANTASTIC dark book that contains almost everything and anything. With twist and turns you will NOT be bored but frantically reading to find out what happens next!

Highly recommended!

Love, Guns and Rosemary
Love, Guns and Rosemary

5.0 out of 5 stars This is totally insane!!, 25 May 2015
Mother....wow. This short novella is insane! I mean, I'm all for the simple romance an erotic sex but this is completely different to what I'm used to. Klau Elric is a sadistic mofo with schizophrenic tendencies and insane view points. When he is paired with a sexually depraved, psychotic woman called Rosemary....Bonnie and Clyde have been re birthed and blossomed into equally deadly human creatures. sympathy, guilt and hearts don't belong in this book. It's refreshing to read something so different to sex and love.

Absolutely fantastic and highly recommended.

The Fear That Divides Us (The Devil's Dust Book 3)
The Fear That Divides Us (The Devil's Dust Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars I was dubious about reading Bobby's story, but I freakin' loved it!, 21 May 2015
Bobby has an ongoing fling with the Doc, who is forever indebted by the Devil's Dust MC for saving her life 6 years ago. The Doc, known as Jessica, and her young daughter fled their home.in Navada from an abusive husband, after beating her senseless and turning his sadistic behaviour onto their daughter, Addie. After driving for hours, she ended up in Devil's Dust MC's doorstep seeking hell and refuge. 6 years later she still services the club and has an affair ongoing with Bobby. Frightened of love and heartbreak, she tends to keep her distance, though persistent Bobby doesn't relent, much to her dismay. After a catastrophic event, will she finally admit defeat to Bobby?

How I love love love this series! I was dubious to read Bobby and Jessica's story after being completely taken and engrossed by Shadow and Dani's story. But I freakin loved it. It flowed freely and the paces was steady, the characters, as always, we're flawless. I'm hoping for more for this series!

Aimed at audiences of 18+ with sexual content and graphic violence not suitable for younger readers.

The Scars That Define Us (The Devil's Dust Book 2)
The Scars That Define Us (The Devil's Dust Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Boy oh Boy, this series just keeps getting better and better!, 21 May 2015
'No regret in life, no fear in love.'

Dani and Shadow's story continues here The Scars The Define Us, after the explosive cliffhanger at the end of book one; this picks up where is left off. With Dani being branded a 'rat' by the Devil's Dust MC, and the love of her life hating her, will Dani be allowed back into the club? After being allowed to prove her innocence, the club's Ol' Ladies have a mission, the mission costs heartache an despair within the club, but what will be the ultimate conclusion for Dani and Shadow?

'Lust like a saint, trust like a sinner.'

Oh bloody hell, this book is EXPLOSIVE I was sat on the edge of my seat with suspense. I shouted at my kindle for Shadow to bloody reign his idiocy in, then I squealed with excitement, and cried at the loss. Absolutely fantastic and can't wait to get started on book 3!!!

Aimed at audiences of 18+ with sexual content and graphic violence not suitable for younger readers!

What Doesn't Destroy Us (The Devil's Dust Book 1)
What Doesn't Destroy Us (The Devil's Dust Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars HOLY COW!, 18 May 2015
Dani is a typical 21 year old, studying in school in New York, following the path her demanding mother has set for her. Dani's mother demands her to do everything, she's vindictive and cruel. But after her relationship with Stevin goes haywire, Dani's mother flees because the father of her daughter, the father that Dani know's nothing about.
After making it to her father's MC club's clubhouse, she settles into her room, yet after setting eyes on one of the biker boys, Shadow, she just can't stay away. With pursuing Shadow and going for what she wants, for once, will danger be in her path? With Shadow's life be on the line for getting involved with the club's president's daughter?

Sex on wheels

Truly magnificent! This story takes you on a wild ass journey and is full of heartwrenching revelations. With twists and turns all over the place, it feels like you get a little whiplash. The story flowed freely, though I do think the beginning of the relationship happened way too suddenly and kinda just jumped in there, it didn't stray me from losing a star. I LOVE Dani; she's feisty and a Firefly protecting herself against club whores and her vile mother. I can't wait to have some money to buy the next in the series!

Aimed at audiences of 18+ with sexual content and graphic violence not suitable for younger audiences.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19