Profile for Mr B > Reviews

Content by Mr B
Top Reviewer Ranking: 793

Mr B (Bath, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
LianSan unisex rimless Reading Glasses men women's lightweight readers glasses reading eyeglasses L2220 (brown +1.00)
Offered by LianSan Glasses Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and comfortable, 18 Dec. 2014
After my first eye test I nearly fell for the novice trap of spending lots of money on a pair of 'designer' frames. Daft!

Only need +1 for reading and these LianSan glasses are so comfortable that they can be worn for hours. Such a good price on Amazon that you can buy a few pairs so that you're never without.

Epson Runsense SF-310G GPS Sports Monitor Smart Watch
Epson Runsense SF-310G GPS Sports Monitor Smart Watch

3.0 out of 5 stars For serious runners only, 18 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'll be honest and say that this 'watch' didn't really give me anything to get excited about. To be fair, it's designed for purpose and that is to be on the wrist of a sweaty runner who is interested in stride patterns and working on a serious training program (time/distance/speed - and all that!).

I suppose it's because we live in a world of high-tec smartphones that have beautiful interfaces, colour screens and an ever increasing choice of apps. This Epson Runsense is just a bland piece of plastic with a grey and black screen. It's big thing is the accuracy provided by GPS but then don't most devices these days have GPS?! It really isn't that impressive any more. There are lots of apps available that would be more suitable for walkers, cyclist, golfers etc...

I think that Epson could have been more generous with additional functions but they seem to have created a range of models with different selling points. Why not create one excellent device rather than have a few mediocre ones?

Yezz 4.7-inch Monaco Dual Sim SIM-Free Smartphone
Yezz 4.7-inch Monaco Dual Sim SIM-Free Smartphone

4.0 out of 5 stars 99% perfect compared to iphone, 7 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am a big fan of my 4th gen iphone (two years loyal service, even with a cracked back) and so this Yezz Monaco mobile phone had a lot to live up to. So, what did I like about the Yezz phone and what’s my 1% problem?

Size – Love it! This is about as big as a mobile phone can be before it starts to be a problem holding it to make calls. It’s also light to the point of feeling like you’ve lost it because you can’t feel it in your pocket.

Design – Thin, unfussy and beautiful. With the black back on it can take a second or two to orientate the phone and discover which way around/up it is. Slightly annoying but something that it’s possible to get used to (I just missed the indented button on the front of my iphone).

Operating system – New and exciting. I have to say that I like the look of the Windows screen and it’s completely intuitive. It’s just as quick as any other phone that I have used.

Camera – Very good. 13mp is more than enough for amateur photography and there aren’t too many options to confuse the user. Just point and shoot.

Here’s my 1% problem. Like most things in life it’s the little things that bug you and I have to say that trying to remove the back of this phone (to insert the battery and SIM card) was utterly frustrating. The manual casually informs you that one corner of the back can be gently lifted and then the whole thing will just come off easily. In reality, no way. I managed to break a fingernail and one of the phone backs (my favourite black!) in the process. For a mobile phone costing hundreds of pounds it should not be beyond the skill of the designer to make a silky-smooth release that enables the back of the phone to gently slide off.

In summary, I really like this phone and the brand has a coolness to it. There are a billion iphones out there but you probably won’t find many other Yezz Monaco users. Not yet anyway.

Philips E14 Small Edison Screw 6 Watt LED Dimmable Candle, Warm White
Philips E14 Small Edison Screw 6 Watt LED Dimmable Candle, Warm White

5.0 out of 5 stars Very bright, 20 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is surprisingly bright for a 6 watt bulb and probably too bright for a small lamp unless you have a dimmer control. I think I can get used to it and the makers claim a remarkable 20 year life for the bulb. I will up-date this review in 2034, or sooner if it fails.

Pinzon - Egyptian Cotton Towel Set (2 bath towels) - White
Pinzon - Egyptian Cotton Towel Set (2 bath towels) - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Posh towels, 15 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Two very nicely made white bath towels with a subtle but stylish detail band. These are the kind of towels you get in good hotels. They were soft and absorbant out of the packet but even better after they had been washed once and tumble-dried.

Standing Protective Case for Fire HD 7 (4th Generation)
Standing Protective Case for Fire HD 7 (4th Generation)

3.0 out of 5 stars Maybe go for a brighter colour?, 14 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Of course this is a perfectly functional and protective case made by Amazon for their 4th generation Fire HD7. It does its job and is well designed.

Unfortunately I don't like the material it's made of. I would describe it as plastic 'suede'. If you rub it this way and that, it starts to look a bit scruffy. That's my experience of the black cover anyway - maybe the brighter colours would look better.

If I may be so bold (and bite the hand that feeds me!) this is a fairly ordinary standing cover that should retail at a third of the price. Sorry, but a review has to be honest.

Beurer LB88WHT Dual Action Air Humidifier, 6 Litre, 280 Watt, White
Beurer LB88WHT Dual Action Air Humidifier, 6 Litre, 280 Watt, White

5.0 out of 5 stars Works in a large office, 13 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
To get the best out of this machine you will need to buy a separate thermometer and humidity meter so that you know when to turn this Beurer humidifier on and off.

In the Summer we use a dehumidifer to main humidity levels of about 50 per cent in the office but we always had a problem in Winter when the harsh electric heating and colder dry air made everyone uncomfortable (dry skin, sneezes etc...). It's a busy office and so we couldn't have bowls of water lying around. This Beurer humidifier is a neat solution to that problem and we are now able to maintain humidity levels around 50 per cent all year. It's not Winter yet but last week temperatures dropped and the heating had to be turned on full. This small humidifier was able to cope with an office space of 52 square metres and it's so quiet that you don't notice it.

simplehuman Sensor Mirror, 10x Magnification - Tru-Lux Light System - 12 cm
simplehuman Sensor Mirror, 10x Magnification - Tru-Lux Light System - 12 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing escapes the glare of this mirror, 12 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a beautifully crafted and solid magnification mirror that looks fantastic in our bathroom. It can be charged via a USB cable and the surrounding circular light automatically turns on when your face gets near enough (it then turns itself off when nobody is near). It's good for men and women. The magnification (10x) is amazing and I've never seen my face so clearly - I didn't realise how badly I used to shave until I started using this mirror. Every little hair has to be dealt with now!

The magnification and illumination are of surgical quality and I expect that there will be gasps from some users on seeing every imperfection. Nothing escapes the glare of this mirror.

Catit Double Diner, 1 x 350 ml, 1 x 160 ml, White
Catit Double Diner, 1 x 350 ml, 1 x 160 ml, White

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 12 Nov. 2014
Very nicely made but, oddly, one bowl is smaller than the other (I didn't spot that in the picture because it's not that clear). Still, it's a high quality double bowl and looks very neat on our tiled kitchen floor.

NeutronCompression Jersey - Black - Large
NeutronCompression Jersey - Black - Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Made golf seem like sport, 12 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Just putting this jersey on made this man of a certain age hold his stomach in and get ready for sport. My wife laughed.

I really liked the tight but pleasant feeling this top gave me and throughout a round of golf it made me conscious of my movements. I think it even made me concentrate more on what I was doing. The fabric has a very modern feel to it and it weighs hardly anything. Strangely it's not very warm but that probably would not be a problem if you were running around on a rugby or football pitch.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20