Profile for Must TRI harder > Reviews

Content by Must TRI harder

Must TRI harder "Ironwill" (UK)

Total Immersion
Total Immersion
by Terry Laughlin

5.0 out of 5 stars Only 1/2 way through but got to recommend it NOW!, 9 Oct 2009
This review is from: Total Immersion (Paperback)
I've tried other books and DVDs with some progress but, as my tri club colleagues will testify, not enough. I'm only half way through this and it has brought it home to me in a way that I can understand what I am supposed to be doing. If you play golf, cricket, baseball, tennis you don't only use your arms do you, you use your body to generate the power and drive. So why when we get into the pool do we think we can drag our lumbering bodies through water using just our arms? This book can teach you, it is me anyway, how to engage the power in your core to drive yourself through the water much the same as you drive a ball into the air in those other sports.

Going Long: Training for Ironman Distance Triathlons (Ultrafit Multisport Training Series)
by Joe Friel

3.0 out of 5 stars This would be better if it was complete - check yours on receipt, 9 Oct 2009
I worked my way through this, it's easy to follow has all the right advice in a good style for an age grouper fearful of what they've let themselves in for. You follow the training, in my case the "Novice", fitting in as much as you can around the balance of your life. I decided not to look right through the program to see what was to come, I wanted to train in the moment. I'd read the whole book just not all through the training schedules. BIG MISTAKE - get to the key part of the program only to find that some 10 weeks of training was missing. It is a missprint because the pages run sequentially even though the training period is missing. Of course by then I'd had it for so long it couldn't be returned. By all means buy this, it's a good training companion but CHECK IT ALL THE WAY THROUGH ON RECEIPT!

Becoming an Ironman: First Encounters with the Ultimate Endurance Event
Becoming an Ironman: First Encounters with the Ultimate Endurance Event
by John Collins

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy and in most cases inspiring read, 9 Oct 2009
This is a neat idea - get a load of Ironman experiences put them into an easy to read 3-4 pages each and publish. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because it really needs an update given when the majority of the races were completed.

How Triathlon Ruined My Life
How Triathlon Ruined My Life
by Darren Roberts

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Priceless, 9 Oct 2009
I've recommended this book to so many of my tri buddies. It's the book that describes what all of us age groupers go through in that climb from running through triathlons to ironman. Yes I too felt let down by the UK Ironman and am off to Switzerland next year just as the author suggests. I really can't praise this enough, it's not a training manual it's a survival bible written by somebody whose been there, done it and got the t shirt.

Power Breathe Sports Performance Plus
Power Breathe Sports Performance Plus

3.0 out of 5 stars Carefull - it's harder than it looks, 9 Oct 2009
I bought this to replace one of the earlier models that I'd used for years but had fallen from the car. Being used to the device I thought I would go for the Performance Plus rather than the usual one.
I prefer my old one - the mouthpiece is too short on the body of this unit and so easily slips off and the valve can get stuck when you first start to use it each time leading to blue face and spots before your eyes as you have to breathe in so hard to free it. Less Performance Plus more asphyxiation tool.