Profile for CathF > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Murad Redness Therapy Correcting Moisturiser SPF15 50 ml
Murad Redness Therapy Correcting Moisturiser SPF15 50 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Sis recommended well!!, 15 Mar 2014
Recommended by my sister. Not greasy like some moisturisers and you only need a small amount as it does go a long way.

LINDY BOP 'PANDORA' GLAMOUROUS VINTAGE 1950's STYLE BLACK PENCIL WIGGLE DRESS (12, Black)
Offered by Lindy Bop

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 15 Mar 2014
Bought this dress for a party and i just love it. It is really good quality for the price paid and it fit like a glove. It made me feel glamorous although it is a simple dress. Will defiantly be wearing it again.

The Infernal Devices 3: Clockwork Princess
The Infernal Devices 3: Clockwork Princess

3.0 out of 5 stars Tess forever!, 2 April 2013
I have just finished the Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare which i had been looking forward to reading for sometime. Although i enjoyed this book it was by no means at all the same as the first two, it didnt grab me as the other two and seemed to drag on in parts which has never happened to me with a CC book.

I was a little torn by the overall ending, everything seemed to end too nicely and i wonder if this will leave it open for further books!!

I would still recommend you read this especially if you have read the first two. Cassandra Clare does have a way of bringing her great world to life and with this series she really brings Victorian London to life as well - it makes me want to visit that great city again just like wanting to visit New York because of the Mortal Instruments series.

Overall it was a good read but i cannot wait now for her next MI book and hopefully it will not leave me so flat in comparison to her other works.

Fifty Shades Darker
Fifty Shades Darker

3.0 out of 5 stars Darker not better!, 19 April 2012
I hate to admit it but there were a number of occasions when i found this book to be really annoying. It felt that every other page there was a fight, a misunderstanding or sex scene - Everything was just repeated but in a different scene / way. There were too many Goddess references and near the end i was exasperated with them that i would skip over them. There were elements that were truly unbelievable and Ana and Grey both could have done with a good (no pun intended) slapping. I did however enjoy the book in(most parts) in spite of this but it has nothing on the first one. If you are not expecting much and want an easy read then give it go. I will no doubt also read the third book, but i way wait a while first!!

Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades of Grey

4.0 out of 5 stars Grey good read, 19 April 2012
Finished reading this earlier this week and I did enjoy it. i have since seen TV shows talking about this being a surprise hit, i wouldn't say that myself but if you are looking for a well paced book with a bit of interesting / dysfunctional relationship then give it try.

Smokeless Fire (Fire Spirits Book 1)
Smokeless Fire (Fire Spirits Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars No Slumber but still good read!, 3 Nov 2011
The latest Samantha Young book. I have enjoyed all her books so far and again she doesn't disappoint, she really knows how to create good characters that draw you in. Although not my favorite of hers so far I did still enjoy it. I found that i had to concentrate more to understand the detail around all the Jinn kings and mythology that went with it i had just finished her other book Slumber which i truly, unexpectedly loved.
If you love Samantha Young books then you will love this one too, without a doubt, but if you haven't yet had the pleasure start with Slumber or The Tale of the Lunarmorte books.

Slumber
Slumber

5.0 out of 5 stars Give me more Slumber!, 3 Nov 2011
This review is from: Slumber (Kindle Edition)
I really loved this book. It was fast paced throughout, full of adventure, excitement, magic, wit and a little romance thrown in - everything you would want and expect from what has been said to be based around the Sleeping Beauty story. I couldn't put it down.
I really loved the main characters Rogan and Wolfe and think that they are the best so far from Samantha Young. I have now read all her books on my kindle and i really enjoy her writing. Slumber was different too the other Samantha Young books that i have read so i was unsure if the story was for me, but i must say that i am glad that i bought it. I finished very quickly and it left me wanting more!

Sat here all day playing with my... Premium Fishing T-Shirt Blue XX-Large
Sat here all day playing with my... Premium Fishing T-Shirt Blue XX-Large
Offered by AJR

4.0 out of 5 stars Fishing Mad, 6 Oct 2011
Bought this for my husband and the quality and fit was great. The only problem i had was deciding which one to buy for him, he loved it and thought it was funny.

iGadgitz Black & Pink Flowers Silicone Skin Case Cover for Amazon Kindle 3 Graphite 3G + WiFi Global Wireless (latest generation, released Aug 2010) + Screen Protector

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Cover, 6 Oct 2011
I was'nt too sure on whether to purchase a cover for my Kindle as i do not tend to take it out of the house but i did buy this a few weeks ago. The fit is great and although it is strange to hold at first you do get use to it. Now i can take it with me whereever i go!

Starcrossed: 1 (Awakening)
Starcrossed: 1 (Awakening)
by Josephine Angelini

4.0 out of 5 stars Better then Twilight...... sorry!, 1 Sep 2011
I did enjoy this book in the most parts. There are some areas / characters that did remind me of Twilight which was a little annoying- but i must say i did prefer this story and setting as well as the characters a lot more though.....sorry! As with any of these types of YA books you have to get past the mystery element that is needed to draw you in, once you get over that and enjoy the story as it should be - a love story, you are onto a winner. I prefer my heros to be manly, and my heroines to be strong - i was not dissappointed. An easy read that can be enjoyed on the beach or curled up in bed!

Page: 1 | 2