Profile for daveybwoy > Reviews

daveybwoy

The Shore
The Shore

5.0 out of 5 stars An unknown side to America revealed, 20 April 2015
This review is from: The Shore (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this - a totally unknown side to America and beautifully pictured. Makes me want to go and visit to see what kind of reality The Shore presents now. Kept needing to refer to the family tree and because I was reading in my Kindle and the graphic was SOOOO SMALL, I had to copy it out onto paper for easy reference.

Dark Eden
Dark Eden

5.0 out of 5 stars Lord of the Flies revisited, 4 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Dark Eden (Kindle Edition)
FANTASTIC - loved the book and just could not put it down till I'd got to the end. Did remind me of Lord of the Flies but so glad that Jeff ended up so much better off than the victims in William Holding's book. Apologies for the keyboard induced typo there. Thoroughly recommended!!!!

Canada
Canada

5.0 out of 5 stars Parent/child relationships, 31 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Canada (Kindle Edition)
Fascinating - Ford is a real wordsmith. The situation that he puts the narrator in is quite a surprise.|I had assumed when reading reviews of the book that the bank robbers would be the murderers but relocating the narrator to that strange half world in Canada was fascinating and i think that he got into the confused mind and perceptions of a 15 year old in a really convincing way.I read 'Independence Day'some time ago and loved it, especially for the sharply drawn exposition of the father/son relationship and loved it.After reconnecting with 'Canada' i will now be doing my best to work through Ford's entire oeuvre.