Profile for Alison Busby > Reviews

Content by Alison Busby

Alison Busby (Surrey, England)

The Thrift Book: Live Well and Spend Less
The Thrift Book: Live Well and Spend Less
by India Knight

4.0 out of 5 stars The Thrift Book: Live Well and Spend Less, 10 Feb. 2009
The Thrift Book: Live Well and Spend Less As I read this I realised that the information was all common sense and was stored in my head but had to see it in black and white to bring it to the forefront of my memory BUT there are also other snippets of information that are well worth knowing, useful website addresses etc. Did find that it started off well and was funny as well but author seems to loose interest towards the end of the book and I started to loose interest although I do dip into it every so often to refresh myself, also have gone through and highlighted some information so I dont have to flick backwards and forwards trying to remember where I saw something.

Delia's Frugal Food
Delia's Frugal Food
by Delia Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Delias frugal food, 10 Feb. 2009
This review is from: Delia's Frugal Food (Hardcover)
Delia's Frugal Food Is upto Delia's high standard nothing I didn't know already but just had to add another title to my book shelf. Arrived safe and secure and now looks the worse for wear as am teaching my son how to cook and am using it as a teaching aid. There aren't too many ingredients to each recipe and they are all things that he already knows about and eats, so am just teaching how to read and follow recipes - the macaroni gratin (with ham and mushrooms) is our fav for a saturday night and have used the cheese sauce part of this recipe every week for pasta sauces or vegetable gratins.