Profile for A. J. Dear > Reviews

A. J. Dear

Samsung SM2053BW 20-inch LCD TFT Monitor, 5ms, DVI, 8000:1
Samsung SM2053BW 20-inch LCD TFT Monitor, 5ms, DVI, 8000:1

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased, 5 Feb. 2009
I purchased this monitor to replace my second 4:3 monitor to work alongside me 22" HP monitor. The glossy black surround looks very nice, the picture appears sharp & the display was easily set, with my Pantone colorvisionplus, to match exactly the settings of my HP monitor. As i mainly use the pc for processing photos I was a bit concerned with what another reviewer said about the display apearing stretched out. However by setting the display to 1680x1050 pixels in Vista a perfect reproduction of the photo is produced.
Overall I would recommend this monitor for both the quality of the display & for the value for money that it represents.

Western Digital Scorpio Blue 320GB SATA 8MB Cache 2.5 inch Internal Hard Drive OEM - Sony Playstation PS3 Compatible
Offered by Xtreme_Drives

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacement for Dell Inspiron, 3 Feb. 2009
This hard disc arrived this morning to replace the HD in my Dell laptop. After completing a full back up using Paragon Hard Disk Manager onto a USB external drive I took out the old drive, put in the new one. The restore took about 3 hours. Restarted laptop & booted up ok into Vista. :-)

Toshiba SD330E Multi-region DVD Player
Toshiba SD330E Multi-region DVD Player

5.0 out of 5 stars Toshiba SD330 Multi-region DVD Player, 30 May 2003
Bought as a replacement for a broken Sony S536. I cannot fault the sound or picture quality playing Dolby Digital through a Denon 1802 amp & Sony 32FX65 tv. It plays region 1&2 DVD's with no problem & Audio CDR's ok. Not so sure about viewing jpeg picture files, the quality is not up to PC Monitor standard & a CD full does take a while to load but that is only a minor point. For under £100 it is excellent value for money & is equal too the Sony which cost over 3 times as much.