Profile for Harry Brown > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Wooden Retro Turntable with SD Card
Wooden Retro Turntable with SD Card

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't ruin your records!, 9 Dec. 2015
I'm not sure why no one else has mentioned the rubber pads that the vinyl records sit on. They are very soft, and seem to have dissolved/distorted the vinyl records, as there are lots of visible, slightly proud marks on all of my records where the vinyl rested on the rubber feet. It doesn't come off with any cleaner and is very noticeable, I'm gutted! Please don't ruin your records with this! If you buy it then make sure to cover with felt or something similar. Personally I found the player to have a very cheap feel, and have upgraded after a year.

Amblers Safety Fs009C Safety Boot -Size- 9 -Color- Black
Amblers Safety Fs009C Safety Boot -Size- 9 -Color- Black
Offered by Shoesbyclaire

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 11 Oct. 2014
These boots could be great, but they are absolutely enormous, they just look ridiculous, a total waste of money.

TomTom Start 25 5-Inch Sat Nav with Western Europe Maps & Lifetime Map Updates
TomTom Start 25 5-Inch Sat Nav with Western Europe Maps & Lifetime Map Updates

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant device, but good luck with updates..., 11 Oct. 2014
I've been using this for six months now and it's been an absolute dream. I use it every day, both in my own car and at work in the van. It beats a Garmin hands down, and everyone is always impressed with the lane changing screen and general ease of use. The battery, despite other comments, is very satisfactory, I regularly get at least an hour and a half of use before I have to plug it in, which is not exactly a hardship. It always finds my location within about 20 seconds max, and has never let me down

The only fault I have, and it is a big one, is the absolute nightmare that is TomTom Home! I spent a stressful few days trying to get it to recognise the device so that it could be updated, and the TomTom service team never responded to my messages. Six months on, ahead of a trip to Europe, I wanted to update my maps, but alas, the application software update has meant that it once again no longer recgonises the device, and once again I never heard back from the service team! Oh well, I'll try and update it next year...

Still, I do not regret the purchase at all, it's been a lifesaver!

Edle Book SnapIn Flip Case with Stand for Samsung Galaxy Note i9220 N7000 Ultra Slim

4.0 out of 5 stars A quality case, 22 Feb. 2014
This case is a little more expensive than most alternatives, however the quality is outstanding. After spending a pretty vast sum on replacing the screen and housing after I dropped my phone, I decided to get a sturdy case, but hated the thought of putting my expensive phone in a cheap, fake leather case. Fortunately I came across this.

I've had this for 2 months now and the leather has slightly worn off the bottom two corners, however it's hardly visible and really doesn't detract from the look at all. The case feels very sturdy and the front is slightly padded underneath the leather which is a nice touch.

There are a few niggles, the volume is often depressed when closing the case, and the cut-outs for the speaker and camera aren't entirely in the right position, although that doesn't really affect anything. The stylus is a bit tricky to get out, but other than that it's brilliant. Had positive comments from friends, and I would definitely recommend.

Dickies Portland Padded Shirt Fleece Workwear (SH5000) WARM PADDED LINED GREEN & NAVY BLUE SIZES S, M,L,XL,XXL
Price: £24.68 - £54.12

1.0 out of 5 stars It's huge, 15 Jan. 2014
Okay, it's certainly very warm, nice quality and looks good. But a word to the wise, it's absolutely huge! I normally take a medium, however after seeing reviews that it was generously sized, ordered a small. It's comically big, I could almost fit 2 people in it. If you normally wear baggy clothes then don't let this deter you, however it has completely put me off wearing it. I would have labelled it as a jacket, rather than a shirt, as it's so large and padded. But, like a shirt it has no side pockets, which I find pretty annoying too.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent quality cable, 16 Jan. 2013
After getting through loads of cheap cables, I finally invested in a decent one, it works flawlessly and feels really good quality. At this price, I wish I had bought it sooner!

4KG HENCH NUTRITION HI-CALORIE MASS GAINER / WEIGHT GAIN WHEY PROTEIN POWDER - CHOCOLATE
Offered by Hench Nutrition

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant weight gainer, 16 Jan. 2013
I've always been skinny, despite working out several times a day and a good diet, so I decided to give Hench Mass Gainer a shot. And I'm so glad I did!

At first I mixed it with the recommended amount of milk (300ml) with the recommended 2 scoops and like others have said, it became a thick mousse that wouldn't even come out of the shaker. I find that if I use any less that 300ml PER SCOOP it get's too thick to drink, so I split the portions into 2 and have one scoop in the morning and one in the evening.

It's also worth noting that if you make your shakes with water, then you only get 700 kcals and 34g protein, I was a bit annoyed with this at first as it meant if I want to get the full 2000 kcals then I'd have to get through an extra 600ml of milk every day, and also that I'd have to wash my shaker out with soap every time I use it - okay not hard to do but time consuming.

Another thing, their maths don't quite add up. Apparently 300ml of milk is going to add 16g of protein and 300kcal! I've just checked my whole milk carton and it would add 195kcal and 9.6g protein, they must have been testing gorilla milk! But then in order to drink the stuff, rather than eat it, you really have to double up the milk at least.

Now the good bits - the shake tastes very good, even with water, and I hardly get any lumps at all, it's a world away from the last shake I bought from Argos! (it was on offer...) Also the value for money is fantastic. The price has gone up since most of the reviews due to the tax increase on sports nutrition, but I would happily pay more for the 3kg I've put on in 3 weeks, and I will definitely order again. Also, I got free delivery within about 12 hours the day before Christmas Eve, I couldn't believe it. I seriously recommend this stuff!

Expert Shield - THE Screen Protectors for: Samsung Galaxy Phones *Lifetime Guarantee* (Samsung Galaxy Note Crystal Clear Expert Shield)
Offered by Expert Shield

5.0 out of 5 stars very good indeed, 23 Jun. 2012
Very fast delivery, and a good quality item. It is much easier to fit than standard screen protectors. I'm usually crap at fitting these, but this one went straight on and I managed to work out every bubble so you can't tell it's on. Very impressive, I would certainly recommend.

Troy: Lord of the Silver Bow
Troy: Lord of the Silver Bow
by David Gemmell
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Lord of the bookshelf, 3 Jan. 2012
Couldn't put it down, In fact I could hardly sleep much to the annoyance of my girlfriend. This was a wonderful book, the characters are well developed and there are a few surprises at the end. Classic Gemmell.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars impressive all-rounder, 24 Jun. 2011
I've been riding this regularly for a few weeks now and I'm really pleased, once the brakes and gears are properly adjusted, then it rides like a dream. I've ridden it over many kinds of terrains and it handles superbly for a hybrid. The specs are the best for the price range, and it doesn't leave you wanting more. Don't be afraid to peel off the stickers, it looks much better without them!

Page: 1 | 2