Profile for Mr. I. Ogilvie > Reviews

Content by Mr. I. Ogilvie

Mr. I. Ogilvie "Mr O" (United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
The Pacific (The Official HBO/Sky TV Tie-In)
The Pacific (The Official HBO/Sky TV Tie-In)
by Hugh Ambrose

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Stephen Ambrose, 14 April 2011
At the time of writing this review, the amazon review rating was 3 and a half stars: Where there is a healthy number of reviews on a product I have more often than not found the amazon review rating to be pretty accurate: I would rate this book as 3 stars.

To qualify this review, I would describe myself as a relatively light, occasional reader of military history. I rate Stephen Ambrose's writing highly and thoroughly enjoyed HBO's Band of Brother mini series. The Pacific theatre has been an area of interest to me since stumbling across Hampton Sides' 'Ghost Soldiers' about 5-6 years ago - an utterly harrowing and gripping account of the fall of the Phillipines, Bataan death march and treatment of US POWs by the Japanese. I have since struggled to find equivalent subject matter on the war in the Pacific written to a comparable standard. I have read this book a couple of weeks after watching the HBO mini series "The Pacific". And would usually classify myself as an "I enjoy the book more than the film/TV adaptation" sort of person. The Pacific may be an exception to this rule.

As other reviewers have pointed out there is not a driect match between the characters in the book vs the main characters in the series. So would-be readers should be aware that the quirky Robert Leckie is not covered by the book, but the account of the air and naval battles of the Pacific is dug into in more detail in these pages. The book and film do not directly overlap: be warned.

I applaud the aspiration of both the TV adaptation and book to attempt to weave character narratives together to cover a subject matter as epic as the WWII Pacific theatre, but in its noble intentions perhaps herein also lies the problem: The book becomes a bit of an overarching "Jack of all trades and master of none" at times. A narrative of other peoples narratives. Not to suggest there is not enough detail here: There is detail in abundance, not always appropriate and and often distracting as other reviewers have pointed out. The level of detail, I would suggest could have been better supported with a few more maps. I would point the author and editorial team in the direction of Hal Moores "We were soldiers once and Young" as an example of keeping the reader in tune with the description of detailed battlefield manouevres/tactics.

Picking up the book after the mini-series I guess I wanted to delve into Eugene Sledge's head that little bit more, the mini-series leaving a poignant ending of how the war had impacted on these young men. What I got from this book was more a narrative account of Ambrose picking out the detail from Sledges letters and written accounts. Having waded through this book I feel somewhat unrewarded. I think I will find the harrowing and moving memoirs that I'm looking for within the pages of Eugene Sledges' "With The Old Breed" and Robert Leckies' "Helmet For My Pillow".

The Magician's Apprentice (Black Magician Trilogy)
The Magician's Apprentice (Black Magician Trilogy)
by Trudi Canavan

3.0 out of 5 stars First Taste of Canavan..., 16 Sep 2010
I picked up this book looking for a `new' fantasy author to get my teeth into. I am a big fan of Raymond E. Feist's earlier works and have become increasingly exasperated with the content of his latest offerings. So who to throw myself into: Jordan, Brooks, Hobb? The prospect of wading through a number of trilogies set in a new fantasy world was a prospect to salivate.
So why Canavan and why this book? I guess this book crossed my path, and planted in my subconscious was all the marketing and hype of her works in my local bookstores over the last few years, so what was all the fuss about?

But this is a prequel, shouldn't you read the best-selling trilogies first? A few minutes spent reading the reviews on Amazon revealed a polarisation of views. What the heck I thought, it might heighten my enjoyment of the trilogies if I find enough of interest to continue.

So 690 pages later (hardback edition) was it worth it?
I would describe this book as a good read as apposed to a great read. I initially found depth and content here with a fresh writing style which highlighted to me the slide in quality evident in Feist's later trilogies. I found the narrative slow in places and would describe the book as a bit of a slow burn (Feist having remained a page-turner in latter books despite a drop in content). The book was intriguing, in that it presented a world where magicians had a lofty position on the social ladder with two neighbouring nations with differing social structures, one embracing slavery, and one where magicians played the land owner/protectorate of their people.
How the Kyralians and Sachakans react to invasion/war given their differing social organisation and political structures provides an interesting backdrop.

The use of magic in this novel I found to be quite different (and refreshing) to previous fantasy novels I've read, the tactics and strategy around battle (higher) held my interest without the magical battles becoming repetitive. The theme of healing and magic seemed to rattle around for a few hundred pages before really going anywhere, but when it did, it certainly held my interest and left me wanting to know how this is developed further by the Magicians Guild in her other books.

And so in the absence of Elves, dwarves, dragons, orcs and goblins that usually inhabit the pages of most fantasy worlds there was enough to sustain my interest.

Where the book did suffer in my eyes was with the main characters. They seemed to take an age in their development. I cannot remember reading a novel where there was a female magical lead before so at first this was different. But 600 pages of "does he love me", "doesn't he love me", "shall I say something", "what shall I do?" were reminiscent of a weekly celebrity gossip column. Canavan is clearly appealing to a female fantasy reader audience here, I respect this, other reviewers here have suggested that she has done a better job with female lead characters elsewhere, I hope this is the case. I would make the obvious point that Canavan is not Jane Austin.

As a reader I found myself with little empathy for the main characters and not really caring what happened to them. That being said the last 150 pages of this book rallied my opinion of the novel, the way the novel ended was really not what I was expecting (a benefit of not reading her previous works perhaps) and I hope sets the scene for what is to follow.

In summary: a tad tedious in places, but a good fantasy novel with enough to spur me on to The Magicians Guild...

Star Trek Destiny: Gods of Night
Star Trek Destiny: Gods of Night
by David Mack

5.0 out of 5 stars Promises to be a great trilogy, 20 Oct 2009
Gods of Night is the first book in the Desting trilogy written by David Mack. The first point to make is that it can only be described as epic in scope, with converging storylines involving the crews of the Enterprise (Under Captain Picard), Titan (Captain Riker), Columbia (Captain Hernandez) and Aventine (Captain Dax).
To read a novel that so neatly intertwines characters from nearly all of the various Star Trek series is a privelidge. The trilogy is a statement of how mature the franschise has become and I congratulate the author on the vision and scope of what he is trying to achieve with this trilogy.

Gods of Night is set a number of months after the events of the film Nemesis. Readers would do well to read Resistance, Before Dishonour and Greater than the Sum before starting this trilogy as they chart the "evolution" of the borg during this time period. The books are of varying quality, but Chris Bennett's Greater than The Sum did a grand job of restoring my faith in recent Trek novels and teeing up what was to come in this trilogy. I would also strongly recommend that you read the first few Titan novels before embarking on this trilogy, the historical perspective is useful, but ultimately becoming acquainted with the diverse crew is a must.

So is Gods of Night any good? On the surface it promises a lot: All out war with the borg; the mystery of a missing starship; as well as the soap opera of the characters from four starships.
Having not read any David Mack novels before I didn't know what to expect. I was intrigued by the Columbia, Capt Hernandez storyline as I have recently enjoyed wading through Season 1-4 of Enterprise and the novels which follow. I have enjoyed where the Titan series was going, but have not been overimpressed with post Nemesis Next Generation novels.

Gods of Night was like a breath of fresh air. Characterisation across all series characters was good, consistent, the handling of Riker/Troi and Vale probably the highlight, the emotional response that the borg always cause in Picard was handled well.
The pace is spot on: the interweaving story arcs here had to be paced well, keeping the reader suitably entertained, with there being enough in book one to reward the reader. I would say the strongest story arc to come through from this book would be the historic events of what happened to Columbia, set in the time period prior to the first Romulan War (events which have been building in Kobyashi Maru) their first contact with the alien race the Caeliar is interesting. The exploration of pacifism ideals provides an interesting counterbalance to the all out war approach displayed by the borg. The crash investigation/haunted ship story arc involving Captain Dax's Aventine crew compliments Columbia's historic well: the author revealing a different piece of the jigsaw puzzle at the right rate.
Enterprise and its deeply troubled Captain is a bit more of the same really, with recent Next Generation novels considered, although I am sure this will develop and come through more strongly in Books 2 and 3. Not to say this is dull, a war of attrition with the borg is as grave a threat that the federation has faced and is certainly a page turner.

In summary 5 star entertainment: Escapism on an epic scale. A welcomed fresh approach/style to the Star Trek novel. Word of advice: order the whole trilogy at once. This author knows how to write a cliffhanger of an ending. You will not want to hang around waiting for book 2 to be delivered.

The Red King (Star Trek: Titan)
The Red King (Star Trek: Titan)
by Andy Mangels

3.0 out of 5 stars Titan Book 2 - a good job, 8 Oct 2009
The Red King is the second book in the Titan series. The authors of the opening book: Taking Wing return to continue the adventures of Captain Riker and the crew of the new Luna-class vessel. Taking Wing was left with the interesting climax that a fleet of Romulan Warbirds, Titan and a cloaked Klingon vessel had been displaced 200,000 light years away from Romulan space by a spatial rift created during the events of the film Nemesis.

The displacement of the Titan into Neyel space provides the authors with an opportunity to revisit a interesting science fiction concept introduced in their Lost Era novel The Sundered. The Neyel being to humans what the Romulans are to the Vulcans. By chance two of the original members of Sulu's Excelsior crew who previously encountered the Neyel are on board Titan: Akaar and Tuvok. These characters take a prominent place on the artwork on the cover of the novel, the relationship of these characters forming an important subplot to this novel.

Having not read The Sundered perhaps my enjoyment of this novel suffered somewhat in the early chapters of this book. The fluency and pace of the closing chapters of Taking Wing and opening chapters of The Red King being brought to an abrupt halt as we are brought up to speed with the Neyel.
There is quite a bit to take on board here - as well as the continued task of getting your head around the diverse species within Titan's crew.

However perserverence with the detail is rewarded, this is a good science fiction book. The exploration of the Neyel is interesting, its mythological explanation for the phenomenon encountered in their space providing a counterbalance to the locking of scientific minds on Titan. There is a strong scientific theme running through this book: spatial rifts, emerging proto-universes etc with a solution to returning to Romulan space and preventing a full-scale ecological disaster firmly in the hands of the scientists.

Characterisation is good, and probably the highlight of this book. The Akaar and Tuvok subplot is interesting and intelligently concluded. The relationship between Riker and the Neyel character Frane providing a nice vehicle for exploring the differences and similarities between humans and Neyel, but the highlight for me has to be the Romulan Commander Donatra - a complex character with many layers packed with plenty of potential for later novels.

Mangels and Martin always cram a lot into their novels and this is no exception.

In terms of rating this novel, throughout much of the novel I would rate it as a solid 3 stars. Towards the conclusion of the novel as various storylines were tied up I was almost tempted to give it 4 stars. The storylines have interweaved well in the first two books and have been developed to a suitable conclusion rather than been left to hang and appear totally pointless.

The only problem I have with the novel is that in a years time I can't imagine that it will be particularly memorable. An enjoyable read that provides a satisfying conclusion to Taking Wing. The fact that the next Titan novel has been penned by my favourite Trek author Chris Bennett has left me eagrely anticipating what comes next, it is going to have be a good novel to keep me in the Titan saga for the long haul.

Taking Wing (Star Trek: Titan)
Taking Wing (Star Trek: Titan)
by Andy Mangels

4.0 out of 5 stars The Titan series shows promise...., 23 Sep 2009
Taking Wing describes the first mission of the USS Titan commanded by Captain Riker. This story is set a few months after the events of Nemesis (and after TNG Death In Winter). The conclusion of Nemesis left the Romulan Star Empire in a state of disarray, as Riker stated in the film "They want to talk".
So the authors are tasked with describing the launch of a new LUNA-class starship, introducing us to the crew and giving us a feel for Riker as a Captain, not to mention his interaction with his new wife. This rightly deserves its fair share of page space in this novel but is balanced with the main storyline handling the political intrigue of the vying factions on Romulus.

Altogether this is a satisfying well-written novel. In fact for a series opener it is a great novel. The direction that Titan is taking is to get Star Trek back to exploring, but the fallout from Nemesis first has to be resolved. The characterization is good, with Riker puffing up his chest and standing up to Starfleet Admirals who are less than economical with the truth. Troi is as irritating as ever: telling Riker how to be a captain etc.
The new crew is certainly diverse with new characters and species that we will have to get used to. This does not greatly differ to any series opener. The fact that this opener is in the pages of a novel rather than a TV series needs to be taken into account. It would be wrong to judge The Next Generation simply on the opening episode: Encounter At Farpoint. At the time of writing this review there are a further 4 novels in the Titan series which I look forward to reading so I reserve judgement on the new crew until we see more character development. Indeed I found the crew quite refreshing when considering the failed attempts to pull together a consistent bridge crew on the Enterprise in the post-Nemesis TNG novels.

It is fair to say that this is not the most action packed Trek novel, but the political intrigue on Romulus, Tal Shiar assassinations, update on Spock's attempts at re-unification more than make up for this.
Riker as captain is the highlight. Riker was the nearest thing to Kirk in TNG, a heroic character not frightened of flouting the rules and being insubordinate getting more than his fair share of action between the bed sheets or indulging in a bout of fisticuffs with your average Klingon. His ability to command and make the big decisions has been questioned on occasions, most memorably by a young Commander Shelby in "The Best of Both Worlds". As the future of Romulus perilously spirals out of control, Captain Riker must prove that he is worthy of the fourth pip on his collar. The authors build up the stakes nicely and with a Fleet Admiral and Ambassador Spock not able to find a solution, it is up to the captain of the Titan. The solution he comes to could be described in the same way Spock described Kirks solution to the Kobyashi Maru simulation: Unique

This is the second Star Trek book I have read written by Michael A. Martin and Andy Mangels. At 360 pages in length and written in relatively small type you get a relatively long and rather densely packed Star Trek novel. Densely packed, detailed, but enjoyable on many levels, whether you have an honours degree in Star Trek or not. A good cliffhanger of an ending will leave you wanting more.
I look forward to The Red King.

"Star Trek": Film Tie-in Novelization
"Star Trek": Film Tie-in Novelization
by Alan Dean Foster

3.0 out of 5 stars don't waste your time, 16 Sep 2009
This a review for the film tie-in novelization of the JJ Abraham's Star Trek film released in 2009. The novelization is authored by Alan Dean Foster. No stranger to novelizations, Science Fiction or Star Trek. I understand that this is his first Star Trek novel for 30 years. Before we get to the book let me give you a few of my thoughts on the film to position this review.

The film was a huge success. It delivered what was required of it: a re-branding of the Star Trek franchise via a big budget summer blockbuster to introduce Star Trek to a new generation. What was delivered was a beautifully directed, fast paced film, with a cast of actors doing a great job, satisfying new comers and existing Star Trek fans, with continuity references and the right balance of humour and action. (not dissimilar to what Casino Royale did for the Bond franchise)
Job done.
If I had any gripes with the film, it was the story. The story wasn't great, somewhat lazy, but functionally it served a purpose: there is now a blank canvas to work on, canon is out the window. For all those die hard trekkies out there you have your shiny boxsets with 100's (thousands?) of hours of Star Trek to watch and debate on your forums, let the masses enjoy this rebranding.

The question is, why would you want to read the book? The story presented in the film was not particularly well laid out, it's not particularly challenging and not a patch on the quality of writing within the TV series.
I gave it a try. In the past I have been a "the book is better than the film" kind of guy. I wondered what I may find here. Given a sequel is in the offing, the writers would have to raise their game given that the novelty of the new "look and feel" is likely to ware off.
The book offers little above what we have seen in the film: the birth of Spock and Kirks brother leaving home the only memorable elements that have been added.
The book is no effort to read, it is fast-paced and generally what you would expect having seen the film. Unfortunately, there is no further character development and no fresh perspectives here. Viewers who have watched the film seeking more will be disappointed. Perhaps those seeking more should take a look at the Countdown prequel graphic novel.
As a stop gap between seeing the film at the cinema and the film being available on general release on DVD it was enjoyable. Once the DVD is on the shelf at home, I cannot think of an occasion where I would pick the book up again.

In summary: don't waste your time with this book - there are far better Star Trek stories out there. Everything that was good about Star Trek XI was visual, wait for the DVD.

Star Trek: Nemesis [DVD] [2003]
Star Trek: Nemesis [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Patrick Stewart
Offered by FUNTIME MEDIA

3.0 out of 5 stars entertaining, relatively enjoyable, no originality - were all the writers on strike?, 12 Aug 2009
The Good Points:

Special Effects: Look great, best of any of the previous Star Trek films (but consider how the technology has moved on). Highlights being the aerial views of Romulus and the space battles in the latter half of the film.

Solid characterization: It is without question a Picard and Data storyline. Patrick and Brent do a fine job as usual. Always a pleasure to see Patrick squaring off to a suitable antagonist. A shame really that the other characters were really just along for the ride: Wesley back from his travels didn't speak, the enigmatic Guinan not really used.

Relatively thought provoking for a Star Trek film: A bit of a nurture versus nature thing going on here. The Picard genetic stock being subjugated to a different upbringing what would the outcome be? The exchanges between Shinzon and Picard being the highlight of the film (unless you are a special effects junkie).

The Romulans and Remans are further developed in the fiction that follows this film (Titan: Taking Wing for example) with Donatra and Suran developing nicely.

The Bad Points:

Originality, originality, originality. Can the writers not come up with an original storyline?
You can see it now - pull out a copy of Wrath of Khan - make a note of everything that worked - look at fans reviews and then try to apply it to The Next Generation.

1. Intelligent antagonist hell bent on bringing down the captain of the Enterprise: Check
2. Device on countdown to destruction with Enterprise disabled and unable to escape: Check.
3. Crew member sacrifices himself to save the crew of the enterprise: Check.
4. Suggestion at the end that crew member may not be completely dead after all: Check
5. Oh - the fans quite liked seeing the Enterprise crash into the planet at the end of Generations - do you think we could get away with a sequence like that again?

Flavours that have all been tasted before in Star Trek. They are reasonably well executed and architected here. But there is an overall feeling here that this has been done better 21 years previously on a fraction of the budget.

Did anyone notice the score? Perhaps they should have given James Horner a call?

With all that said, it is an entertaining, enjoyable film (when considered in isolation) that I will watch many times.
I guess we just have to accept that they do not make them like they used to...

A Time to Sow (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
A Time to Sow (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
by Kevin Dilmore
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

3.0 out of 5 stars Promising, but not sure if I'll be in this series for the long haul, 3 Aug 2009
This is the third book in the Time to... series a series that precedes the events of the film Nemesis. The books comprise a number of two part stories so you should undertake the reading of this book with the expectation that you are going to have to read book 4 (A Time to Harvest) to reach a satisfying conclusion.

I read this book having not read the first two books in the series. Whilst there are many references to the events that immediately precede this book, I did not feel at too much of a disadvantage, but I am sure my enjoyment would have been greater having read the first two.

This is also the first Star Trek book that I have read that has been penned by the authors (Kevin Dilmore and Dayton Ward). In my opinion overall they do a good job.
The authors neatly introduce the story by linking events in the Enterprise era with The Next Generation era. A fan of both series this certainly grabbed my interest straight away. Without lingering too long in the past we are brought up to date with the current disposition of the Enterprise and its crew.

The chapters were relatively short and move at a good pace, with the tempo picking up towards the end as the stakes are raised.

The account of the lead up to and destruction of the doomed planet Dokaal is the key part to what makes this novel work for me. Told through journal entries by Hjatyn, one of the Dokaalans residents of the mining stations that bear the brunt of dealing with the aftermath of their doomed planet, the account is very thought provoking.
Evacuation, the reaction to seeing your home planet destroyed, management of resources amongst refugees in facilities designed for a handful of miners: would we have the strength and resourcefulness to survive if such a fate afflicted the Earth?

The crew of the Enterprise are written well, characterization is good. The crew reaction to their falling out of favour with the Federation following the events of the first two books is the driving force here. I don't believe this gets too introspective. It almost emphasises the length of the journey the Enterprise undertakes here in response to the "Out of Sight, Out of Mind" approach taken by the Federation. A period in which characters can reflect, where we see them in a different spotlight is often interesting in a Trek novel if handled well.

We have a good first contact story here as the Enterprise come to the aid of the Dokaalans. The radiation in the system plays havoc with the Enterprise's systems creating an interesting angle to the story as it levels the playing field between the resourceful Dokaalans and the technologically superior Federation (not unlike the use of the Mutara Nebula in Wrath of Khan). The tension builds nicely as all is not what it seems with the Dokaalans. Dark forces manoeuvre behind the scenes and quickly a routine mission turns into one of great peril for the crew of the Enterprise.

In summary: a good solid Star Trek novel, for all its good points the novel is let down by a poor ending. Yes it is a two part story, but if there is to be the lack of a conclusion to this book their needs to be a cliffhanger to get me to rush out and buy the next book. I am not sure we get this, having enjoyed the book I feel slightly shortchanged...

Greater Than the Sum (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
Greater Than the Sum (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
by Christopher L. Bennett

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you for bringing Picard back!!, 18 Jun 2009
I picked this book up with a great deal of expectation. Expectation of a good Star Trek book. This expectation was driven by my experience of reading The Buried Age by the same author. This book for me was expertly written and captured the character of Picard brilliantly. Having been somewhat disappointed with the Post-Nemesis arc of novels so far and particularly with the characterization of Picard I expected this book to get things back on track.

Broadly speaking the post-Nemesis chronology includes: Death In Winter, Resistance; Q&A; Before Dishonour. Some of the Titan novels fit in around here somewhere, but having not read these to date I will say no more about this.

Following in the wake of Before Dishonour this book was always going to have to attempt a rebuilding exercise. The mutiny on the Enterprise and Starfleets treatment towards Picard in particular had left a sour taste in my mouth.

In this book this is addressed. By the end of the book I believe we actually have a bridge crew/senior staff that work together and might be around for a bit. Q's comment in Q&A about Commander Data "carrying them all for so long" I thought was particularly well observed. In this book we see a reshuffle with many of the mutineers being taken out and replaced with characters that actually make a difference. We have the synergistic effect of teamwork back in Star Trek!
For me Christopher Bennnett writes characters better than any of the current Star Trek authors. There is an undercurrent of family, procreation and individuality running through this book which is explored through interaction of the new and existing members of the crew. This is used to raise the stakes for what is going to come.
It is the handling of Picard and Crushers developing relationship that is the real triumph here (I would love to say more but don't want to spoil it).
Guinan is back! The author clearly has a soft spot for the character of Guinan. For me she is one of the more intriguing characters in TNG universe, particulalry her relationship with Picard.

Bennett ticks all the boxes of the key ingredients of a Trek story here: space exploration, science, first contact with new species, teamwork of the crew, character development, the ability to reference/interweave previous Trek stories. And it is an intelligently written borg story. All too often the borg were wheeled out at a time when viewing figures were down, the stories for me often being a bit weak. Bennett gives us a lecture on the evolution/history of the borg and with this story ties up some loose ends from borg history.

Whilst the chapters of this book have a slower more considered pace than recent Trek books in this story arc, what this book does have is depth.

All hell is going to break loose in the Destiny Trilogy that comes next, in this book perhaps we are experiencing the relative calm before the storm.

Crucible: Kirk - The Star for Every Wandering (Star Trek: The Original)
Crucible: Kirk - The Star for Every Wandering (Star Trek: The Original)
by David R., III George

5.0 out of 5 stars "my life that could have been... and wasn't", 9 Jun 2009
One of the most enjoyable Star Trek reads I have had in a long time. This is the first Star Trek book I have read by this author, yes that means that I have not read the McCoy or Spock Crucible books that precede it. It works as a standalone story, but I am looking forward to reading the other books in the trilogy.
This author captures Kirk perfectly, the characterisation spot on for me. I confess I am long overdue a re-watch of The Original Series, my view of Kirks character being shaped by his development through the feature films.
As well as writing the character of Kirk effortlessly and expertly, what has set this author apart from other Trek authors for me is as he states in his own words in the forward he does not set out to write merely a satisfying story he wants to surprise the reader. I often think that altered timeline stories possess a certain degree of "play it safe", permitting the author a bit of breathing room in terms of violating canon.
In this book the author weaves a great plot around an inadvertent change to the timeline caused by the events of the film Star Trek-Generations. The nexus and the Guardian of Forever are used intelligently to provide a rollercoaster ride through the events that have shaped Kirk, permitting him to muse on what could have happened if he turned left rather than right etc. This is anything but passé. The plot gathers momentum from page 1, reaching a crescendo over the course of the last hundred pages: I literally could not put it down.
There were some heavyweight science fiction writers that contributed stories to the Original Series, we might just have another one here.

Five stars no hesitations. A lesson to all would be Star Trek writers showing what intelligent, well observed writing can do.

Page: 1 | 2