Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now
Profile for Emma > Reviews

Content by Emma

Emma

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Valet PRO Dragon s Breath Iron Contamination Remover (1 Litre)
Valet PRO Dragon s Breath Iron Contamination Remover (1 Litre)
Offered by cai distribution

5.0 out of 5 stars It stinks but it works brilliantly, 12 Oct. 2014
Excellent fallout remover that is safe for paintwork and wheels. Its best to transfer it into a chemical safe trigger spray bottle to minimise wastage and prevent contact with your clothes and skin. I cant stress enough how badly this stuff smells!!

Its a loose gel consistency so will stick where you spray it, you don't have to use lots either just a thin layer will do the job plus its safe to use on both wheels and paintwork. During use it turns any iron fallout and brake dust a bright red/purple as it dissolves it into a solution which can be washed off. Its pretty amazing to see the colour change even on seemingly clean areas. A must buy.

Valet PRO Citrus Tar Glue Remover (500ml)
Valet PRO Citrus Tar Glue Remover (500ml)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh orange smell that does the job, 12 Oct. 2014
Excellent tar and glue remover. It managed to easily shift the tar from my wheels and sidesills after some resurfacing work near my home. After a spot of debadging the adhesive tape was no match for this. Valetpros tar remover also has a very pleasent orange smell.

I had a huge amount of transport wax in my arches and the inside of my wheels which I had been battling with for months until I got a tip from a detailing forum, after a couple of applications of this (leaving it to dwell for a couple of mins) the majority of it just melted away. Very highly recommended as part of your detailing kit, it will always be included in mine.

Auto Finesse AV5L Avalanche Snow Foam
Auto Finesse AV5L Avalanche Snow Foam
Offered by ASC

5.0 out of 5 stars Autofinesse at its best!!, 12 Oct. 2014
I started detailing as a hobby at the beginning of this year, so using trial and error have tried many different foam products. This has fantastic dilution rates and produces a medium thick foam which clings well to bodywork and windows and has excellent cleaning properties. You can watch the dirt strip from the car and it does a good job of shifting bugs without any pre-treatment. Its wax and sealant safe so I honestly believe this is the best foam ive used yet!!

Word of warning, its essential you use this with a professional grade foam lance, the standard Karcher one I had at first was useless. Downside, there is none, there is only one very very minor point, it doesnt smell of anything really however the cleaning power more than makes up for that.

Remember the thickest foam doesnt neccasarily do the best cleaning job. Happy foaming :D

Adidas Kanadia 4 Hi-Viz Trail Running Shoes - 6
Adidas Kanadia 4 Hi-Viz Trail Running Shoes - 6

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for muddy conditions., 12 Oct. 2014
Ive used these on a number of different surfaces and they are perfectly suited for muddy terrain. The grip the yellow lugs give is impressive on mud, roots, rocks and gravel but im most impressed with the mud shedding ability. Theyre suprisingly lightweight and have an inbuilt tongue guard which helps stop small bricks slipping into the shoe through the laces. Laces are similar to hiking boot ones so theres very little possibility of snapping or snagging them.

I was pleasantly suprised when I unpacked them at home and discovered that not only are the yellow parts hi-viz buit the entire body of the shoe has a reflective liner (not too dissimilar to Nikes Shield package) which is brilliant for night runs.

I highly recommend these and my partner was so impressed with them that she invested in a pair of bright orange ones too.

TIS (TM) 1520mm x 300mm Bright Green 3D Textured Air Drain Carbon Fibre Film - Wrap Vinyl Sticker Sheet. Bubble Free, 0.20mm thick, Dry Glue Technology
Offered by T-I-S

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic lime green :D, 12 Oct. 2014
Its very easy to use vinyl with cutting and laying guides on the reverse. As with all products like this theyre easier to use and stretch when theyve been heated, so I would recommend using a hairdryer before trying to mould the sheet around the trim or body part you are covering. Air bubbles were easily dealt with and its quite thick so could be moulded round the trim without piercing through the film. This is a fantastic colour however im docking one star as the weave pattern is not very realistic.

HEKO-25364 VAUXHALL CORSA D 3-Door 2006-2012 Heko Wind Deflectors 2pc set - Fits all trims

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best mods yet!, 28 July 2014
These really do stop that horrible ear drum upsetting buffeting that happens when your windows are open and travelling at higher speeds, please note that they obviously dont stop the traffic noise. Even when its raining they allow fresh air into the car without you getting wet.

They were incredibly easy to fit, there is no alteration to the car body or tools needed (YouTube search for Heko deflector) and look like they should have always been fitted to my VXR. Cant recommend these enough and ive found they stay put without even fitting the supplied metal clips.

Neon Green Snap-On Hard Skin Case Cover for Apple iPod Classic / Video
Neon Green Snap-On Hard Skin Case Cover for Apple iPod Classic / Video

1.0 out of 5 stars A very poor quality product. Avoid!, 28 July 2014
This is not a very good product i'm afraid. The picture shows it as a snug fitting bright snap on case which should protect an expensive item. However, what you actually receive is a flimsy plastic case, only just covered with a soft touch green coating which just about clips together. It doesn't take close inspection to notice there is a visible gap were the 2 sides meet and if you were to drop your ipod i'm convinced it would just fall off as it did whilst in my pocket!! Not at all fit for purpose.

Gets the 2 stars as the seller issued a full refund without the hassle of returning the item. I have zip tied the case on as a temporary measure whilst I research a better case.

Kärcher K2 Car Air-Cooled Pressure Washer
Kärcher K2 Car Air-Cooled Pressure Washer

5.0 out of 5 stars Pressure Washer for all occasions!, 29 Jun. 2014
Ive never had a pressure washer before and I would never not have one now. I bought the Car and Home K2 which added a patio blaster to this package. I bought it primarily to wash the household cars and give the driveway and decking a good cleaning. So far ive mostly used this on the cars with a little garden use.

What was in the box: K2 washer with handle, wheels and onboard tool storage. High pressure fast connect hose and trigger handle. Bayonet fitting dirt blaster, vario lance, foam bottle, car brush, patio blaster. 1 pack of car wash. 1 pack of patio wash.

Car Use: The variable jet lance is fantastic for blasting off dirt and bugs but remember not to use it too close to the paintwork on maximum as its powerful enough to remove paint. The lance is perfectly sized to get between the wheels and arches to blast grime from the liners or under side sills. The small foam bottle is pretty basic, it holds around 500-600ml of foam solution and is really easy to swap onto the trigger handle using the bayonet fitting. It works okay but I found my Auto Finesse AV5L Avalanche Snow Foam foam to be quite watery even if you adjust the pressure, which should be quite thick and cling well. Overall its a very positive review for this unit, it makes washing the cars much easier and I find I use a lot less water than with the normal open garden hose (im on a meter and its cut the water consumption per wash by 50%). I do wish the hose was a little longer, you will find you have to move the unit as you work your way around. Good news however extension hoses are available, im going to invest in a 15m hose so the unit can stay put.
On a personal note, Im a detailing enthusiast so im pretty particular about what products I use on my cars, for what I want to acheive Im going to upgrade to a professional foam lance bottle in an attempt to achieve a thicker foam covering. I also put the brush and the car wash solution back in the box. Although the brush seems reasonably soft I didnt want to risk adding swirls by dragging dirt around the paintwork and I dont want to use a detergent that wasnt wax safe. With the upgraded foam bottle I think I can add the 5th star.
CAR UPDATE: much better foaming performance with a professional foam lance, using the same dilution rate for the Autofinesse Avalanche snow foam as I did in the Karcher bottle the K2 produces a medium thick foam which dwells correctly on the car (check out my foam review) fantastic combination grabbing it the 5th star.

Patio Use: I havent as yet used the patio blaster but the variable jet does an excellent job of removing grime from slabs and brickwork. I found it a bit harsh on full for my decking however, and managed to blow a hole right through 2 panels. If im honest thats probably my own fault as it looks like it was a little rotten so should have cleaned and protected it long ago. I will update my review once ive tried it on the driveway.
PATIO UPDATE: amazing results on the driveway with the patio scrubber, the provided solution seemed to ease through that greeny mildew that loves to grow on slabs. There was minimum splash back using the scrubbing tool too, I stayed quite dry and clean whilst doing a pretty mucky job. Very impressed!!
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 28, 2015 7:56 AM BST

Sony Smart 3D BDPS490 Blu-ray Player (Old model)
Sony Smart 3D BDPS490 Blu-ray Player (Old model)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony rocks!, 29 Jun. 2014
Fantastic blu-ray player which can play DVDs and CDs too. The build quality is excellent and produces really good quality pictures and sound. The unit is sleek and slim so it doesnt overwhelm your stand. Its very quiet when running too as long as you keep the back free from dust and fluff (I vacuum mine every few months).

I love Sony products and managed to control this blu-ray player using my TV remote control so theres no mix ups and less clutter. I would definitely buy another one.

Levi's Men's 501 Original Fit Jeans, Hard Ground, 36W x 32L
Levi's Men's 501 Original Fit Jeans, Hard Ground, 36W x 32L

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality denim, 29 Jun. 2014
I bought these for my dad ages ago and they are still going!! His last pair of 501s lasted for 5+ years before he managed to rip the knee on something im pretty sure these will be around for years too.

These are a great colour (dark stonewash with an indigo hint) very typical Levis quality denim, reinforced with rivets. Highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12