Profile for Emma > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Auto Finesse HLC500 Hide Leather Cleanser
Auto Finesse HLC500 Hide Leather Cleanser

5.0 out of 5 stars Restored my 15yr old settee, 17 May 2015
As I havent had chance to use this in the household cars yet I gave it a test on my 15yr old settee. Now it had never been cleaned with anything other than a bit of mild soap and was looking quite shiny so I expected dramatic results using the hide pairing.

The product comes in a trigger spray bottle in a generous 500ml size. I first of all vacuumed the settee between the seat cushions and at the back to make sure there was no loose particles that would potantially be rubbed across the surface. I grabbed a couple of white close pile 350gsm microfibre cloths and set about cleaning by working in 50cmx50cm sections. I misted the section with cleanser and used one cloth to wipe the surface using a fair amount of pressure to work the product in before grabbing the other to thoroughly dry. I couldnt believe the amount of muck that ended up on the wet cloth, it went from a plush white to a rather disturbing grey by the time I had finished, I can honestly say I was so impressed I promptly showed off said cloth on Facebook. The shiny finish on the leather was gone and the colour came through really well, it was almost like new. After using the cleanser I applied the Auto Finesse HCOD250 Hide Leather Conditioner (see my other review). I recommend this hide pairing highly I cant wait to try them in the car.

Auto Finesse HCOD250 Hide Leather Conditioner
Auto Finesse HCOD250 Hide Leather Conditioner

5.0 out of 5 stars Restored my 15yr old leather settee :), 17 May 2015
Ive not used this on my car seats yet but I have given it a run for the money on my 15yr old leather settee. I firstly cleaned the chair with the Auto Finesse HLC500 Hide Leather Cleanser and then once totally dry applied the conditioner.

The conditioner is a thick cream consistency with quite a strong chemical smell which is not unpleasent to be honest. I gave it a really good shake to make sure there was no seperation and then placing a few pea sized spots on a foam applicator i primed the surface by dabbing it, I worked in areas roughly 50cmx50cm. Once primed i massaged the product in using small circles until the conditioner seemed clear. It was left to cure as per the instructions and then buffed using a microfibre towel. The finish was amazing, a lovely matte was restored and the leather felt a lot softer. Cant wait to give the hide pair a go on the household cars.

Dodo Juice Clearly Menthol Glass Cleaner Spray 500ml
Dodo Juice Clearly Menthol Glass Cleaner Spray 500ml
Offered by Monza

4.0 out of 5 stars Another DODO smash!!, 17 May 2015
Ive used this for a couple of months now and i'm pretty impressed with it. It has a similar smell to mr muscle window cleaner but with an added minty smell, however I must say it gives much better results than the former. After a few months of having the dealership lettering keep reappearing on my windscreen I invested in this. It gave the glass a really nice deep clean and the letters are gone, it made light work of the transport wax overspray on one of my side windows too.

Ive found the best results are acheived by using a waffle weave microfibre with a couple of squirts to wipe the area, then flip the towel to dry. Highly recommended!!

Auto Finesse REVKIT Revitalise Kit
Auto Finesse REVKIT Revitalise Kit
Offered by ASC

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing all in one kit! Perfect for beginners like me!, 28 Dec. 2014
The world of machine polishing is vast and complicated so this kit was recommended to me as an all in one starter pack and its excellent. In the box you get a set of 3 polishes and pads which are colour coordinated, some pad prime solution, a pad cleaner brush, a couple of plush microfibre cloths and low tack masking tape.

This is incredibly easy to use due to the colour matching, it takes the guess work out of what pad colour best matches what grit polish, as a novice I didnt want to buy a ton of different products and then have to work on a trial and error basis. So far ive done a two stage enhancement detail using polish 2 and 3. I eliminated some minor swirling with ease when pairing this kit with my Dodo Juice Buff Daddy polishing machine. Just put a couple of squirts of pad prime on the surface of the pad before spotting on around three large pea sized spots of polish, press the pad onto the paintwork and away you go. I would highly recommend anyone that hasnt used a machine polisher before to watch the Junkman videos on YouTube before even attempting any work. Its very easy to create more damage if you are inexperienced.

I havent used the number 1 polish yet as the paint defects I needed to remove didnt require that harsh an abrasive. Theres only one down side that ive found so far, the polish does seem to dust quite quite a bit.

VTech Baby Toot-Toot Drivers Everyday Vehicles 3-Car Pack (Pink)
VTech Baby Toot-Toot Drivers Everyday Vehicles 3-Car Pack (Pink)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great V-Tech product, 28 Dec. 2014
These are wonderfully bright little cars which all talk and light up when you press the windscreen. Theyre just the right size for little hands and are very easy to use and push along. This is the second set of these ive bought, the first being the emergency vehicles which have been bashed and crashed and still look like theyre in pretty good condition 2 years on. Each one takes a couple of batteries but as these have a auto-off function when not in use they will last for ages.

Also if you have the v-tech garage they interact with each other.

Waboba Moon (Colours Vary)
Waboba Moon (Colours Vary)
Offered by Urban Gifts

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent fun :D, 28 Dec. 2014
This was a cheeky stocking filler for my nephew. I usually get him one of the 'traditional' hard rubber balls but these seem to disintegrate or split after a few weeks. This is a totally different material, its about the size of a tennis ball and is made from a rubbery sponge material with craters. It really is very bouncy and I have been reliably informed that its been all round the house and nearly destroyed everything in its path. Mission accomplished!!

Im pretty convinced at some point it will end up in the guttering, it does go that high with very little effort!

Sakura Car Boot Organiser - Small
Sakura Car Boot Organiser - Small

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice tidy looking item, 28 Dec. 2014
Perfectly sized for those things you have rolling around the boot. Mine easily swallows a compressor, de-icer, ice scraper, locking wheel nut spares and a few cleaning items with room to spare!!

The velcro holds it securely to the boot floor but unfotunately the self adhesive velcro supplied to attach the side to the seat back wouldnt stick. This isnt a massive problem and some stronger self adhesive velcro strip is easy to get hold of. Loses a star for it however.

Wilson 'W' Bracelet red Size:Einheitsgröße
Wilson 'W' Bracelet red Size:Einheitsgröße
Offered by Tengo-Sport

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for racquet sports., 28 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Wilson 'W' Bracelet
Nice sized wristbands that are soft and very absorbant. I made sure to wash these once unpacked prevent fluff sticking to me on their first use. These look like they will last well, I will update in a few months.

Amazon.co.uk Gift Card - In a Greeting Card - £25 (Birthday Presents)
Amazon.co.uk Gift Card - In a Greeting Card - £25 (Birthday Presents)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 20 Dec. 2014
Great if you really don't know what to get someone. Comes in a lovely card with an envelope.

SONAX 287400 Xtreme Brilliant Shine Detailer BSD 750ml Spray
SONAX 287400 Xtreme Brilliant Shine Detailer BSD 750ml Spray
Offered by Saverschoice UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Protection top up, 13 Dec. 2014
This is a fantastic product, literally spray on, wipe and buff off with a clean microfibre cloth to leave a lovely shine and keep your protection maxed. It smells great too, coconut! The Polymer Netshield I used as my primary winter protection product has excellent water behaviour and BSD is exactly the same, beads beautifully during light rain and sheets in heavy downpours. These Sonax products together seem to be keeping the cars cleaner between washes too, its almost like the rain washes the dirt off!!

I purchased this to top up my winter protection after maintenance washes. I highly recommend both these products. For less than £35 you can keep your car protected for the entire winter.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12