Profile for Audax Joe > Reviews

Content by Audax Joe

Audax Joe "Joe" (Chester, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Germany Romantic Road (Romantische Straße) 1:300 000 Touring Map, laminated FLEXI
by Kunth Verlag
Edition: Map

2.0 out of 5 stars Small and inadequate!, 25 Mar 2014
I though this map was poor really. Small half the route seems to be missing and expensive.
For a little more you can get a far better map, guide book in English and a lot of other info posted from the German Tourist Board. They also provide a GPX file of the route if you are using a Garmin type device.

Gonna Have Days
Gonna Have Days

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 14 Jan 2014
This review is from: Gonna Have Days (MP3 Download)
Really do love Kelly Pettit music, it is brilliant to relax to with a beer!! If you love music this would fit very nicely in your collection.

These Days
These Days

5.0 out of 5 stars Real Class, 14 Jan 2014
This review is from: These Days (Audio CD)
I have only just came across Kelly Pettit music and all I can say is it is really beautiful. Great melodies wonderful voice. It is so good I've gone and purchased his entire back catalogue! I went through his web site and didn't realise Amazon had a collection. If you like good music this should belong in your collection.

This Is Life
This Is Life

5.0 out of 5 stars Top melodies, 14 Jan 2014
This review is from: This Is Life (MP3 Download)
I love listening to Kelly music it is incredibly relaxing and I also imagine listening to it in a bar somewhere, chilling with a beer! It is so good I've gone and purchased his entire back catalogue!

Every Sunrise
Every Sunrise

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 14 Jan 2014
This review is from: Every Sunrise (Audio CD)
I have only just came across Kelly Pettit music and all I can say is it is really beautiful. Great mealodis wonderful voice. It is so good I've gone and purchased his entire back catalogue!

PocketWizard FlexTT5 433MHz Transceiver for Nikon
PocketWizard FlexTT5 433MHz Transceiver for Nikon

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but...., 6 Jun 2012
I'd have agree with all the other reviews on here and give these controllers a 5 star review apart from the length of time it takes for Pocket Wizard to update the kit when new items come out.

They still do not work with the SB910 six months after launch or the D800/D4 three months after launch and it took them about six months to sort out problems with the D700.

I've owned the units for about 18 months and when working they work well but I have never had total confidence in them. Out of the 18 months of ownership I've had maybe 4 months when everything works. NO problems on D300.

I've sold mine now and gone over to Radio Poppers which work with Nikon's own CLS system and am hoping that they prove more reliable.

Good but considering the investment in kit I am disappointed.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 8, 2013 11:45 PM GMT

Vans Unisex-Adult Classic Slip-on Trainers Black 9 UK
Vans Unisex-Adult Classic Slip-on Trainers Black 9 UK
Offered by SOLETRADER

4.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable pair of shoes, 18 May 2011
Van are a new brand for me and I must say I like them. Well made, comfortable and look good on. I've only had the shoes a couple of months so can't comment on longevity but so far so good.

If Not Now, When? (Penguin Modern Classics)
If Not Now, When? (Penguin Modern Classics)
by Primo Levi

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good read, 29 Jan 2011
Primo Levi wrights a good story and this is no exception. The horror of war is told in a gentle none judgemental way and the characters warmth always shines.

It is not a book for those who like war stories and blood and guts.

Smart Weather Wireless Weather Station with outdoor sensor
Smart Weather Wireless Weather Station with outdoor sensor
Offered by Home & Travel

3.0 out of 5 stars Good basic station, 3 Dec 2010
This is a handy little gadget but basic - if this is what you want it is fine. The original battery in the transmitter did not last long - the replacement seems to be doing a lot better. The range for transmission is not that great either - ours is in line of site through a window and works fine but when we took the unit a little further it failed to get a signal.
The clock is excellent - it is updated wireless and is totally accurate.

Good buy but if you want more advanced features (like a log) or need extra range this isn't the unit for you.

GP Batteries GP270AAHC-C4 Aa Nickel Metal Hydride Batteries X 4 2700 Mah
GP Batteries GP270AAHC-C4 Aa Nickel Metal Hydride Batteries X 4 2700 Mah
Offered by Go Green Batteries UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Batteries, 3 Dec 2010
I'm a photographer and use a lot of rechargeable batteries and these are as good as any. They hold charge well when not used and last well in use.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3